Help

My Favorite Mistake
The room was dark with only the street light coming through the window blinds to illuminate the small space. Woohyun was sprawled across his bed starring at the ceiling. He had been in this same position since he arrived home.  A happy grin stretched his face.  He felt light, like a weight was lifted from his chest.  For the first time in a long time, he could honestly say he was happy.
 
Woohyun pulled Hoya towards him, but this time it was their lips that met.  He never had a kiss with so much emotion behind it.  Hoya didn't kiss back immediately.  He was stunned by the sudden move.  His eyes were wide open, starring at the face attached to his lips.  He finally let go of all his apprehensions and returned the kiss.   Tears streamed down their face.  They could taste the saltiness while they kissed.  Woohyun slowly pulled away and pressed his forehead against Hoya's.  
“Hoya...” his voice was hoarse, choked by his own feelings.  “Hoya... did you know what was in my heart?”
The other boy shook his head.
“I was in love with you.  I'm still in love with you.... I'm sorry.  I could say it a million times more and it still wouldn't be enough.”  Woohyun confessed.
Hoya nodded in understanding.  He honestly didn't know what to say.  He was dizzy with emotion.  He never expected this.  He never knew that Woohyun had feelings for him.  He did have a secret crush on the older boy but he never did imagine that the other felt the same for him.  Hoya raised his head to look at Woohyun.  He could see the happiness and relief in the other's eyes.  
“It's been a long day.   We both need to get back home.”  Hoya stated.
Woohyun took on of Hoya's hands and intertwined their fingers. “Ne.  I'll walk you home.”
The two boys walked in silence.   Enough words had been exchange between them.  Emotions were still running high and the silence was calming.  They said their farewells two houses down from Hoya's home.  Woohyun knew it would upset Hoya's sister to see him and he didn't want to ruin the good mood.
“I'll see you in school tomorrow.”  Woohyun said as he walked away.  
 
 
Myungsoo was tossing around in his bed.  An annoying tapping was driving him crazy in his dream. What the hell is that?  He suddenly woke up realizing that the noise wasn't part of his dream.  Myungsoo sat up on his bed, trying to figure out what he was hearing.  Since he was still half asleep, his brain wasn't properly functioning and it took him some time before he realized that it was coming from his window.  Myungsoo walked over to the window and pulled on the blinds.  On the other side of the glass was a badly beaten Sunggyu.    Myungsoo immediately opened his window and helped Sunggyu climb in.  The beaten boy sat down at foot of Myungsoo's bed.
“Let me get the first-aid kit.”  Myungsoo said as he left the room.  When he returned, he bent down and started to clean Sunggyu's wounds.
“Can I stay here tonight?”  Sunggyu pleaded.
“Yeah... yea of course... but...  but what happen to you?”  Myungsoo wondered.
Sunggyu sighed.  “Sangchu found out I had something to do with Woohyun and his bike and beat me as punishment.”  Sunggyu hesitated.  “He told me I couldn't hang around them anymore and ….”
Myungsoo waited in anticipation.  “... and what?”
“He told he I had to pay up the money I owed him.”  Sunggyu continued.
“So how much money do you owe?”  the other inquired.
“... 900,000 wons...”
Myungsoo mouth dropped. “ Gyu!  How the hell did you rack up that much debt to them?”
Sunggyu turned away from Myungsoo.  “I needed the money, ok.  I had to help pay the rent and food.  You don't have those worries cuz your parents actually work... My dad just drinks.”  
Sunggyu mumbled the last part but Myungsoo understood.  He could here the resentment in Sunggyu's voice.
Myungsoo patted Sunggyu on the shoulder.  “Don't worry.  Sungyeol and I will help you... But right now, let's just sleep.”  
The two boys laid side by side.  It didn't take long for Sunggyu to fall asleep.  He was completely  drained.  Myungsoo turned to his side to watch Sunggyu's chest gently rise and fall.  There was nothing more in this world he hate, then to see Sunggyu hurt.  He wish he could protect the younger better, but Sunggyu had the tendency of finding trouble.  Myungsoo took the sleeping boys hand in his and drifted off to sleep.
 
 
Woohyun woke up before his alarm went off.  Even with only a few hours of sleep he felt rejuvenated.  He was excited to go to school for once, but mostly because he would get to see Hoya.  Woohyun jumped out of bed and got ready.
The bus ride to  school seemed to go slower then Woohyun remembered.  He was too eager.   Woohyun waited by the school gate when he arrived.  He was getting impatient waiting for Hoya, but those feelings subsided once he saw the other boy walking towards him.
“Hey.”  Woohyun beamed. “I've been waiting for you.”
“Hmm.”  Hoya hummed.
Woohyun went to grab the other boy's hand, but Hoya instantly pulled back.  Woohyun gave Hoya a questioning look.
“Just because of last night...” Hoya was searching for the right words to say.  “... it doesn't mean everything is fixed between us.”
Hoya gazed into Woohyun's eyes in seach for some understanding.  It seem that the older boy did understand and moved his body so Hoya could go by.  Woohyun stayed where he was and watch Hoya enter the school.  I guess it was stupid to think a kiss could resolve everything.  They had two years worth of pent up issues to deal with first.  Woohyun huffed.  He dragged himself inside the school, his mood ruined.
 
The next couple days were a bit uncomfortable.  They were feeling tension, like when Hoya first arrive at the school.  This time, however, instead of hate and anger they were feeling anxious.  Woohyun and Hoya acted like they were walking on eggshell around each other.  They had cleared up their misunderstanding and they didn't want to ruin that accomplishment by bringing up old feelings.  But there were still residual feelings from their time apart that they both needed to confront.  Those feelings had to wait because a new problem was presented to them.
 
It was the end of the day and the boys were done with their after school study session.  Woohyun and Hoya were packing their bags when Myungsoo and Sungyeol stood in front of them.  
Woohyun crossed his arms.  He gave Myungsoo an annoyed look.  “What do you guys want now?”
Myungsoo and Sungyeol exchanged looks.  The younger of the two bit his lower lip, his eyes filled with worry.  Myungsoo cleared his throat.
“The incident with  the gangster was our fault.  But their leader found out that Sunggyu was involved and is holding him till he pays up his debt to them.”  Myungsoo explained.
Hoya was uninterested.  “So how is this our problem?”
“We got enough money to pay most of it but we're still short...” Myungsoo paused for a breath.  He was embarrassed to ask what he would say next. “...We need your help.  We don't really have anyone else to turn too.”
Woohyun cocked his eyebrow.  “Exactly how much help are you looking for?”
Sungyeol scratched the back of his neck. “Just 300,000 wons,” the boy said sheepishly.
“BWOH!”  Woohyun and Hoya shouted simultaneously.
“You make it sound like a small amount but that's a lot of money!” Hoya protested.
“, how much money did Sunggyu owe?”  Woohyun asked.
“Around 900,000 wons,” Myungsoo replied.
Woohyun sat back down in his chair.  He was stunned by request.  He had no reason to help Sunggyu.  The boy did nothing but try to push and bully him around.  As much as he wanted to say 'no' he couldn't ignore the worry and desperation in the two kingka's  eyes.  He turned to Hoya and Woohyun could tell that the other was feeling the same as he was.  They wanted to help but how?  
Suddenly a thought popped into Woohyun's mind.  He turned to look at his locker.  As class president he was in charge of collecting money from the students who were late for class.  He had to hold the funds until the class was ready to use the money.    His classmates were always late for class so he knew there was a good amount of money in his possession.  Woohyun debated in his head wether to take the money or not.  In the end he decided to use the money.
Woohyun pulled the piggy bank he had in his locker.  They dumped the coins and bills on an empty table.   The boys counted out the money they needed.  It was just enough.  
"What are you guys doing?"  a voice interrupted.
The startled boys turned to the doorway to see Dongwoo looking back at them with a stern expression.
"I asked what you guys are doing with the class money?"  Dongwoo questioned, his voice slightly raised.
The five boys looked at each other.  Woohyun stepped up "Dongwoo, I can explain."  
Woohyun explained the situation with Sunggyu.  Dongwoo felt bad for his fellow student but still didn't feel right taking the class money.
"We'll pay it all back.  We'll have the full 300,000 wons by next week."  Myungsoo added.
Dongwoo bit his bottom lip, contemplating the situation over and over in his mind.  He finally let out a deep sigh.  He had come to a decision but didn't seem to like it.
"Fine, but you better have the money back next week or I'm going to tell Mr. Park."  Dongwoo threatened.
Woohyun patted the other student on the should and gave a grateful smile.  "Thanks Dongwoo."
The five boys made their way out of the school and headed to find Sunggyu.  From the classroom window Dongwoo watched his classmates leaving the school grounds.  He wasn't close to any of them but he couldn't help but feel worried.
 
The five boys walked into the pool hall.  When they entered the main room the gangsters were leasurly playing a game, laughing and drinking some beers.  Sitting against the wall on the floor was Sunggyu.  He had gotten beaten up again and was now trying to clean off the blood from his face with his sleeve.  Myungsoo and Sungyeol ran to Sunggyu's side helping him up.  
"Don't worry, Hyung.  We got some help."  Sungyeol whispered and turn to look at Woohyun and Hoya.
Woohyun and Hoya walked up to the pool table where the gangsters were playing.  Their face had a serious expression but unreadable.  Sangchu was getting ready to hit the ball but stopped when he saw the boys in front of him.  Woohyun threw the money on the table.
"There's the rest of the money Sunggyu owed.  Now you can leave us all alone."  Woohyun declared.
Sangchu inspected the money but said nothing.
The three kingkas were waiting outside when Woohyun and Hoya stepped out.  Myungsoo and Sungyeol were standing on either side of Sunggyu helping to support the hurt boy.  
"Thanks for helping us."  Myungsoo said shyly.
Woohyun nodded.  "Lets not make this a habit... and you better get that money back by next week."  
"We will."  Sungyeol answered.
The three kingkas walked off while Hoya and Woohyun headed the other direction.
 
 
Hoya and Woohyun walked a while with out saying a word to another.  Woohyun would glance over at the boy by his side but Hoya was lost in his own world.
Woohyun broke their silence.  "Why don't we go get something to eat?"  
Hoya agreeded and the two boys took back to Woohyun's apartment.
Hoya was playing around with his chopsticks waiting for Woohyun to finish cooking the ramen.
"You know, when you said we should go get something to eat, I thought we would be going to a restaurant."  He voiced.
Woohyun brought the pot of ramen to the table and placed it between him and Hoya.
"Well this is just as good as a restaurant and it's like old times."  Woohyun said smiling.
Woohyun tried to keep the mood light but it quickly became awkward.  They ate quietly.
Hoya put his chopsticks down and took a deep breath.  "It's awkward."  
"Ne."
"We were apart for a long time.  We're different people now...  Maybe... maybe we need to work on becoming friends again."  Hoya suggested.
The boy stood up and gathered his thing.  He was about to leave when Woohyun grabbed his wrist.

"Your right. But since we've spent so much time apart... " Woohyun hesitated for a moment to gaze into Hoya's eyes.  "... can't you stay?"

 


A/N:  Ok so this chapter didn't go the way I had intended.  I had made an outline of how the next couple of chapter would go but I ended up wanting to add a little more than I had planned.  I hope it's ok.  I felt a little burden by the good reaction to the last chapter.  I don't think I was able to capture the same feeling from before.  Was this  too boring/slow?... I'm sorry :(

I didn't mean to have Woohyun confess to Hoya already but since they already kissed, he had to explain himself.

Sunggyu and his problems took away from Wooya.  I feel kinda bad that I a seem to always beat up on Sunggyu.  It's just for this story.  Sunggyu is actually my bias within infinite.

As far as the money... according to Google 1 US Dollar equals 1130 Korean Won.  That's why the amount seems so big.

Anyways... thank you haneul_lee and snow_white_ for subscribing.  

  

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
*These images are not mine.  I found them on Tumblr*