Revenge and Reveals

My Favorite Mistake

Several boys surrounded Hoya. They backed him in to a dark ally away from the main streets. Woohyun stepped in front of the boys. He faced Hoya with a sly smile.

"You know it has to be this way. "

Hoya nodded and prepared himself for what was to come. The boys closed in on Hoya, cracking their knuckles. They began to throw punches and kicks. Hoya grunted in pain but the attack didn't stop. He had been knocked down to the ground, his back against a brick wall. The other boys continued their pounding. Woohyun gave a hard kick to Hoya's leg and an excruciating scream escaped from the beaten boy, piercing the night.

 

Woohyun woke up gasping for breath and drench in sweat. He grabbed his phone to check the time. It was only 3AM. Damn this dream. Woohyun had been having the same reoccurring dream since he went over to Hoya's place. But it wasn't just a dream. It was more than a mere dream. It was a memory. He wish he never had such a memory but there's no changing the past.

 

Exam week came and gone. It was a much needed distraction for Woohyun. Something to keep his mind occupied from thinking about Hoya. He had stayed away from the other. He didn't try to talk to him or follow him around. His relationship with Hoya was severally damaged and a few nice gestures wasn't going to fix it. He would have to prove himself to the other boy. He couldn't force it on him.

It was the end of the school day. The class was anxious to leave. "I'm so proud of everyone. The results are in and I was glad to see that everyone had pass." Mr. Park beamed at his students. "When I call your name, come get you test and you may leave for the day."

Mr. Park started to call names out one by one. The last name he called was Myungsoo's. The handsome kingka made his way to the teacher's desk. Annoyance was on his face, having waited so long to leave. Mr. Park already had his hand held out with Myungsoo's test. Myungsoo snatched the test from his teacher's hand. He looked at the score and smirked at his result.

"You did really well this time, Myungsoo-ah." Mr. Park interjected. "It seems the after school study sessions have help. If you just had spent more time in your studies instead of causing trouble with Sunggyu and Sungyeol, you could have been doing better in your classes all this time."

Myungsoo merely nodded to his teacher. He was ready to leave but Mr. Park continued to speak to him.

"What are you plans for your future?" the teacher asked.

Myungsoo shrugged his shoulders.

Mr. Park frowned. He was disappointed by his students lack of direction. "The world is harder place than you think Myungsoo-ah. You should really think about having a plan so you can better prepare you're self for the future."

Myungsoo didn't care to be lectured. "Can I go now?"

Mr. Park's frown grew deeper. "Ne. Go on."

Leaning on the wall outside the classroom, Sunggyu overheard his teacher and Myungsoo talking. He had been waiting for his bestfriend. It annoyed him to have his teacher imply that he was a bad influence on Myungsoo. He walked off instead of waiting for Myungsoo like he had intended.

 

Sunggyu was quite reserve the next few days. He spent his time thinking of a plan to get revenge on Hoya and Woohyun. The idea finally came to him when he met with Sangchu for a delivery. Sangchu was the leader of the local neighborhood gang. Sunggyu would run errands and make deliveries for them to earn some quick cash. When Sunggyu came to pick up his delivery, Sangchu was showing off his new motorcycle. The gang leader was very possessive with his things. If anyone dare tried to take anything of his, it never ended up well for that person. Sunggyu grinned as he put his plan together in his mind.

 

Woohyun was on his way home from school when his phone rang. It was a phone call from his boss for a delivery.

"So I just need to pick up the bike at the garage and take it to the Crazy 8 Pool Hall... Ok, I got it." Woohyun ended his call and changed his direction. He headed to pick up the package and make his delivery.

 

Hoya took his time leaving school. He went to use the bathroom before leaving. While he was in one of the stalls he heard three familiar voices.

"Woohyun has no clue what's coming to him. That was a pretty sweet idea you had, Sunggyu hyung."

"When Sangchu see's him riding his bike at Crazy 8, he'll kill him."

"It should be good. Let's get out of here. I can't stand another minute in this school."

Hoya overheard the whole conversation. He quickly finished and ran out of the bathroom.

Around the corner from the bathroom the three kingkas watched Hoya rush out of the bathroom.

" You were right, hyung. He's going to help Woohyun." Sungyeol observed.

Sunggyu had a sly grin on his face. "I knew he would."

 

Hoya arrived in front of the pool hall out of breathe. He saw the bike parked outside by the door and figured Woohyun had gone inside. Hoya ran in to the building and came in just in time to see a bunch of gangsters slowly surrounding Woohyun. He ran in and grabbed Woohyun's arm.

"Run," He ordered.

The two boys ran out of the pool hall with the gang chasing after them. It was a familiar feeling for both of them. They ran towards the main road and saw a bus at the bus stop. They looked at each other and nodded. They increase their speed, allowing them to catch the bus in time. The bus was already pulling away from the curb the time the gangsters got to the bus stop. The two boys mockingly waved goodbye to the angry gang through the bus windows. Woohyun had a big smile on his. It was a small thrill running away from that gang. It felt like old times. Woohyun looked over at Hoya, to see the other boy rubbing his left leg.

"Is your leg hurting?" Woohyun asked.

Hoya looked up at the other boy but didn't reply. He sat down on an empty seat and remained silent. Woohyun took a seat directly behind him. They sat quietly until Woohyun decided to speak.

"Thanks for helping me back there. I guess I was being set up."

"Yeah, it was the Sunggyu and his friends." Hoya admitted.

The boys became silent again. They didn't speak to each other the rest of the ride. They got off near Hoya's home. Hoya lead the way and Woohyun followed behind. He couldn't help but notice the slight limp in Hoya's walk.

 

Hoya let out a loud scream. He gripped his leg in pain and tears rolled down his face. Woohyun stumbled back in horror. He just broke his best friend's leg. The other boys quickly picked up Hoya and carried him off. They hailed for a taxi and brought the hurt boy to the closest hospital. Woohyun was so stunned by his action didn't move from his spot in the alley. He felt sick inside.

Hoya went into surgery immediately after arriving from the hospital. His friends had already called his sister. HyoSung was crying uncontrollably. After their parents died, they only had each other. It pained her to have any possibility of losing her brother.

Surgery went well. Hyosung looked down at her sleeping brother. She wiped the tears that escaped her eyes. She had already cried so much but still she could not stop. Howon had been approached by an agency in Seoul after they saw his video submission. He was on his way to be an idol, a star. But that dream was fading. The doctor told her that the surgery was successful, unfortuately Howon would never be able to do any strenuous activties or he could damage his leg again. Hyosung brushed the fringe off of her brothers forehead. How do you tell a dancer that he couldn't dance again?

When Howon finally woke up, Hyosung told him what the doctors had said. His heart was filled with a mixture of hurt and anger. He starred out of his hospital window. He was suprised to see  Woohyun sitting on a bench outside of the hospital. He was boiling with anger looking down at his so called friend. Finally, Woohyun looked up and their eyes met. Hoya could see the fear in Woohyun's eyes. The other boy stumbled back and ran off.

 

Woohyun shook his head. They were such stupid kids back then. Back then to join the dance group they would playfully beat on each other as an initiation rite. Eventhough they it was suppose to be playful, they would always end up hurting each other. Woohyun was bruised for a week after Hoya initated him into the group. When Hoya was accepted by an agency and was planning to leave for Seoul he had to go through the same rites to leave. Woohyun was happy for his best friend. Hoya was following his dreams. Why did he have to take things so far that he ended up permenantly injurying his best friend? Who were they anyways? Where they gangsters?

Woohyun wasn't paying attention and bumped into Hoya. Hoya turned around to face the other boy.

"When we're around each other, there's always trouble." Hoya began. "I think it would be best if one of us transfer schools."

Woohyun eyes grew in surprise.

"I can't keep transfering in and out of school. Maybe you should leave." Hoya suggested. "It's what you're good at."

Hoya turned back around and started to leave.

"I'm sorry." the other boy blurted out. "I'm so sorry. I never meant to hurt you. I think a part of me was scared to lose you. You were going to leave and I was going to be left behind. My family thought I was a neusance. You were talented and you had dance. I didn't have anything. You were all I had. I-I didn't want to lose you."

Woohyun's confession brought tears to both boys. Hoya harshly grabbed Woohyun by the collar. He was shaking the other boy as he spoke. "When I couldn't dance anymore, you were the only one I could turn to. YOU!! You didn't come to see me. You didn't reach out to me. You disappeared. Where were you when I needed you?!"

Woohyun held on to Hoya shoulders for support. The other boys grip on his collar was getting tighter and causing him to lose balance. "I'm sorry" He apologized again. " I was scared that you would be mad at me and hate me forever. I shattered your dreams. I couldn't stand it if you hated me."

Hoya pushed Woohyun, causing the other to hit the wall behind him. "So what if I hated you! So what if I was angry! You should have been there for me!" Hoya yelled. The angry boy took a few deep breaths to calm himself. His demeanor soften and he hung his head low. "You stupid idiot. Didn't you miss me?"

Hoya's voice was soft but Woohyun manage to hear what the other said. He stepped up to Hoya and pulled him to a hug. At first Hoya's body was stife but eventually melted to Woohyun's embrace. They held each other and said nothing. Hoya was the first to pull away, wiping the tears from his face. Woohyun was still holding on to his shoulders. He was afraid to let the other boy go. Hoya looked up at Woohyun and they exchanged glances. It seemed like the whole world stopped around them.  Woohyun pulled Hoya towards him again, but this time it was their lips that met.


A/N:  It took me a while to update.  I started writing this chapter and then I accidently lost half of it and had to rewrite.  It was a frustrating situation but at least I remembered what I wrote (for the most part.) 

 I was suprised by people's reaction to the last chapter.  I knew it ended up on a sad note but I didn't realize how much it would effect you guys.  I hope this chapter makes up for it.    

Finally, Woohyun and Hoya finally get together.  It was a long wait.  I know it wasn't much but at least it's a start.  

Thank you to those new subscribers: Dehanie, Inspiritwoogyul, kissmeinab2uty, BaeriAwarness, pancakewithsquares, howon1101, homin_love93, x-nobara.

 

These images are not mine.  I found them on tumblr