Unspoken Truth

My Favorite Mistake

The apartment was dimly lit and eerily quiet.  Sunggyu was waiting in a small bathroom for Myungsoo. Myungsoo was walking through the apartment searching for the first aide kit to treat Sunggyu's wounds.  In the back of a small hallway closet he finally found what he was looking for.  On his way back to the bathroom, he peaked into his room and saw Sungyeol already passed out on the floor, hugging Myungsoo's bamboo pillow.  Myungsoo smiled at the sight.  Normally, Sungyeol could be loud and obnoxious, but he looked sweet & innocent as he slept peacefully.

Myungsoo entered the bathroom.  Sunggyu was leaning against the sink waiting for the older boy, his head hanging low.
 
"I finally found it." Myungsoo stated, lifting up his arm to show the first aide kit he was carrying.
 
"It's about damn time." Sunggyu muttered.
 
Sunggyu took a seat on the toilet and Myungsoo laid the kit on the bathroom counter.  He pulled out some gauze, ointment, and band aides.  Myungsoo knelt down in front of Sunggyu and brushed other boy's bangs off of his face.  He let our a heavy sigh as he looked at Sunggyu's face.  Sunggyu had a cut above his eye, a bruised left cheek, and a swollen cut lower lip.  It pained Myungsoo to see his friend hurt.  He quietly cleaned up the cuts and added some ointment.  His hand lingered on Sunggyu's cheek, brushing the soft skin with his thumb.  For the first time since they've been in the bathroom, the two boys' eyes met.   Their eyes had so much to say but not a word was spoken.  Myungsoo broke their gaze and began to stand up.    As he turned to leave the room, Sunggyu grabbed his arm.
 
"Thanks..."  There seemed to be more that Sunggyu wanted to say but he didn't.  He let go of Myungsoo's arm and allowed the other boy to leave the room.
 Sunggyu sat in the bathroom a few mintues longer before finally following his friend out.  He entered Myungsoo room and saw the boy sitting on the floor next to a sleeping Sungyeol.  Myungsoo moved the sheet over, inviting Sunggyu to lay down beside him.   The boys laid down and starred at the ceiling.   The sleeping arrangement wasn't anything new to them.  They all had been friends for years and slept over each other's homes.  But things had started to feel different recently.  The two boys laid awake in the awkward scilence.  Though they both felt some tension, neither one of them had the courage to talk about it.
 
Myungsoo rolled to his side to face Sunggyu.  He took one last look at the other before he closed his eyes and wrapped his arm over Sunggyu's body.
 
"W-what are you doing?"  Sunggyu inquired.
 
"I need something to hug in my sleep but Sungyeol has my bamboo pillow."  Myungsoo explained.
 
"But.."
 
"Good night, Sunggyu"  Myungsoo interrupted.
 
Sunggyu didn't try to argue.  He took comfort in the warmth beside of him and went to sleep.
 
 
Woohyun woke up exsausted from a restless night's sleep.  That night he was tossing and turning in bed.  He couldn't get Hoya out of his mind.  The other boy wouldn't accept his friendship and it was killing him.  Woohyun tried to wake upself up with a cold shower, but his body ached and his mind remained groggy.  He did his normal morning routine  and left for school.
 
Woohyun got off the bus with the other students.  He quickly spotted Hoya  in the sea of students heading towards the school gates.  Woohyun made his way through the crowd and caught up with the other boy.  He grabbed Hoya's shoulder to stop him.
 
"Can we talk?"  Woohyun asked.
 
Hoya looked at the hand still on his shoulder and brushed it off. "We have nothing to talk about."
 
Hoya walked off, leaving Woohyun behind.  Woohyun kicked at the ground in frustration.  He didn't know what he should do or could do to get through to the other boy.  
 
When Woohyun entered the classroom, he could hear the whispering from his classmates.  News of their fight from the night before had already spread through out the school.  Everyone was talking about the new order for the kingkas in school.  Hoya and Woohyun had beated Sunggyu and his friends, making them the new top dogs in school.  Woohyun just ignored the talking and rested his head on his desk, like usual.  
 
The class started to die down in their conversation, but then Sunggyu, Myungsoo, and Sungyeol came in.  The whispers started again.  According their classmates, the three boys had lost their position to Hoya and Woohyun.  Sunggyu hated it.  He glared at the other students who were starring at him, scaring them.   He decided, that no matter what, he was going to get revenge on Hoya and Woohyun.  
 
 
The lesson for the morning were boring but went by fast.  All the students  in class 2-4 were enjoying lunch in the cafeteria.  Hoya was sitting at a table by himself when  Woohyun took a seat across the table from him.
 
Hoya couldn't hide his annoyance.  "Can't you just leave me alone?"  
 
"I'm not doing anything.  I'm just sitting down  at a table with a vacant seat."  Woohyun said matter of fact.
 
Hoya rolled his eyes.  He knew what the other boy was doing.  "Look, I know you're just trying to ease your guilt.  Why should I give you that satisfaction?  You wanna help me out, why don't you get me carton of milk with a muffin to go with it?"  
 
Woohyun stopped  eating and put his chopsticks down.  He swallowed the food in his mouth and got up from the table.  He knew Hoya was only being sarcastic, but he was going to follow through with the other boys request.  Woohyun walked over to the canteen and stood in line to buy the milk and muffin.  Woohyun soon felt a hard slap on the back of his head.  He turned around to see Sungjong standing behind him with arms crossed and anger in his eyes.
 
"What the hell do you  think you're doing?!"  Sungjong questioned.
 
"What does it look like I'm doing?"  Woohyun replied.
 
"I know what it looks like, but I must be wrong because the Woohyun I know wouldn't bow down to some kingka."  Sungjong stated with arms still crossed.  "You're the freakin class president.  You can't bow down to him."
 
Woohyun paid for the food.  "It's not like that Sungjong... Just leave it along."
 
Woohyun walked back to his table, leaving Sungjong in disbelief.  He couldn't believe what he was seeing.
 
Woohyun placed the milk and muffin in front of Hoya's tray.  Hoya looked at Woohyun angryly.  "I don't want anything from you."
 
Hoya got up and walked out the cafeteria. Having to deal with Woohyun made him lose is appetite.
 
 
The day had already come to an end but Woohyun and Hoya along with Sunggyu, Myungsoo, and Sungyeol were still sitting in their classroom.  It was the first day of their after school study session with Mr. Park.  Mr. Park had taken responsibility for them and they were following  with agreement they made.
 
When their time was over, Woohyun followed Hoya out of the school again.  After a several minutes of walking, Hoya abruptly stopped to face Woohyun.
 
"Stopped following me."  He said in an aggressive tone.
 
Woohyun took a step closer to the other.  "I think we should talk."
 
"You made a new life for yourself.  Not all of us are as lucky.  You've changed."  Hoya voice almost wavered as he made the random comment.
 
Woohyun hesitated to respond, unsure of what he should say.  "This-this is who I am now."
 
"Well I don't know this person."  Hoya said flatly.  He turned back around and walked off.
 
Woohyun was left behind once again, watching the back side of Hoya walk away.  Hoya words seem to hurt more than any physical beating he's had to endure before.  It left him defeated.  He hated to feel this way but he knew he deserved it.  After what he did to Hoya, he deserved the pain he was feeling.

A/N:  Ahhh... finally a MyungGyu moment.  It was a bit subtle but it's a start.  More will come.  Right now they're still unsure of their feelings and there will be a gradual build up as they come to terms with what they feel for one another.

WooYa still have a Love/Hate thing going.  I almost feel sorry for Woohyun for trying so hard.  There is a reason for all this madness. 

Special thanks to those who have recently subscribed: Dyinginside567, kanigara, nightStar, NammyDenny, Ikluss, dattebayo-go, marine, hossiohsee, mellissa, and Zipitizo.  I appreciate the support.

*I don't own these pictures.  Credit goes to the original owner.*