Let's Make A Deal

My Favorite Mistake

 

The start of classes was relatively calm.  Unlike the day before, Woohyun didn't try to approach Hoya that morning. He tried to take a short nap before class began and laid his head on his desk.   Hoya was starring blankly to the front, ignoring the the chattering going on around him.  Mr. Park came in a few minutes later and began class.
"Students, today is going to be a little different. I need to go get the midterm test ready, so Mr. Yang will be conducting class." Mr. Park informed.
The classroom groaned at the news.
"Listen to him well, and make sure you get yourself ready for the midterm next week. "
"Ne" was the class responses.
After Mr. Park left the class, Mr. Yang entered.  He was a science teacher, and began to write his notes and equations on the board.  He walked up and down the aisle as he taught his lesson.
SNAP!
Mr. Yang slammed his yard stick on Hoya desk.  The whole class was startled and turned to see what was going on.
"Where is your book?" Mr. Yang enquired.
Hoya hesitated to answer.  He avoided eye contact with teacher and continued to stare at the board.  "I haven't gotten it yet." He finally relied.
Mr. Yang was shocked.  "What?! How long have you been attending this school and you still don't have your books?" 
Hoya scrunched his face, annoyed by the questions, but didn't respond.
"When you first came here, you said you wanted to finish school quietly without any trouble.  Aren't you disrespecting your teachers by not having your books?  Isn't that causing trouble?" the teacher questioned.
Hoya glanced up at the teacher then returned his gaze back to front.  He wanted to say something in his defense but knew that anything he would say would be taken as him being defiant.  He couldn't afford to be kicked out of school again.  Hoya bit his tongue and remained scilent.
"The next time I see you, you  better have your books."  Mr. Yang stated.
"Ne"
Woohyun was watching Hoya intensly when Mr. Yang was speaking to him.  He was hoping that Hoya would contain his anger and not cause any trouble for himself.  Luckily, the other boy maintained his composure and the teacher went back to his teaching.   Sunggyu, who sat directly behind Hoya, caught Woohyun's attention.  The kingka was flipping through a science book.  Woohyun cocked his head to the side.  On the bottom corner of  the book he spotted  Hoya's name.  Woohyun's eye grew large.  Sunggyu had stolen Hoya's book.  Woohyun and Sunggyu made eye contact.  A crooked smile crossed the kingkas face.  He knew Woohyun understood the situation.
 
The three kingkas were walking down the hallway during their breakway.  They stopped when Woohyun came around the corner, blocking their path.
"Is there something you want?"  Sunggyu asked, though he already knew the answer.
"Leave Hoya alone."
"And what if we don't?  What are you going to do?  You can't protect him all the time."  Sungyeol spat back.
"What if we make a deal?  We'll leave Hoya alone if you do something for us."  Sunggyu bargained.
Woohyun cocked an eyebrow in interested.  He wondered what kind of deal Sunggyu had in mind.
The three kingkas headed towards the boys bathroom and Woohyun followed.  Myungsoo and Sungyeol checked the stalls to makes sure they were all alone.  When the coast was clear, Sunggyu told Woohyun his offer. 
"All the teachers have to turn in their copy of their midterm test today.  They'll keep the copies in the teachers lounge until they ship it off tomorrow to be print.  All you have to do is steal a copy and we'll leave Hoya alone."  Sunggyu explained.
"That's all?"  Woohyun said sarcastcically.  "How the hell do you expect me to do it?  They have camera throughout the school and security monitors the school after hours."
"We'll take care of that."  Sungyeol replied with a big grin.  "We're going to cut power to that part of the school, disabling the lights, but more importantly the cameras.  You'll have at least 15 minutes before they'll get to the breaker and get the power back on."
It seemed the kingkas had already thought this plan through, but Woohyun still didn't like the idea.  If something went wrong, he would be one in trouble.  Or worse the whole could be just a set up.  Woohyun felt conflicted.  If he said 'No', they were going to continue to bully Hoya and cause the other boy more trouble.  If he said 'Yes', he could be the one in trouble.
"Fine, I'll do it."  Woohyun finally conceeded.
Sunggyu patted Woohyun's shoulder.  "Good.  Meet us at the back of the school at the end of the day."
The four boy ended their meeting and headed back to their class.  
 
Woohyun felt uneasy the rest of the day.  He had been cornered into agreeing to Sunggyu's plan and didn't know what to do to get out of it.  Time wasn't on his side.  It was already the end of the day and they were almost done with Mr. Park's after class study session.    When it was time to leave Woohyun came up to his teacher.  He stood infront of the teacher, unsure of what to say.
"So Woohyun... is there something you wanted to talk about?"  Mr. Park asked, studying his students face for some kind of sign.  He felt concerned by the young student's demeanor.
Woohyun took a deep breath.  "If you had two options and neither one is good, what would you do?"
Mr. Park was confused.  "Bwoh?"
"If you're choices are between getting someone else in trouble or getting yourself in trouble, what should you do?"  Woohyun asked.
The teacher took a moment to think. "Oh... is this about your literature assignment, story conflict and resolution?  I can't give you an answer.  You have to think of it yourself."
It wasn't the answer Woohyun was looking for.  He bowed to his teacher and left.  
Woohyun walked to the back to the school.  The three kingkas were already there waiting for him.
"What took you so long?!" Sunggyu shouted.
Woohyun rolled his eyes. "Whatever, lets just get this over with."
"Myungsoo will take care of the power, you just wait in place."
The boys seperated.  Woohyun found himself at the top of a stairwell waiting.  The lights go off and the hallway was dark except for the light coming in through the windows.  Woohyun looked carefully at the cameras at the end of the hall.  The power light was off.  He made his way to the teacher's lounge and stood in front of the door.  Am I really going to do this?
Woohyun open the door and walked over to the large filing cabinets towards the back of the room.  He opened the drawers looking for his grades test.  In the middle of the file, Woohyun could hear voices outside of the hallway.  .  Now What?  He gently closed the cabinets and left the lounge through a second doorway.  
Woohyun was already down the stairs and headed out of the school when the power came back on to that part of the building.  He hadn't been caught but he didn't get the test either.  He made his way to the back of the school to the place where they met up in the beginning.
"Did you get the test?"  Sunggyu quickly questioned.
"No."
Sunggyu grabbed Woohyun by the collar.  "What?!  Do you think we were fooling around?  We can make Hoya's life miserable here."
Woohyun pulled himself off from Sunggyu's grasp.  "Any do you think I'm an idiot?" He pulled out his phone and showed it to the other boys.  "I recorded our conversation in the bathroom and I took a picture of Myungsoo when he cut the power." 
The other boys were in a state of shock.  They hadn't the expected Woohyun to double cross them.
"If you don't want me to show this to the principle, I suggest you leave me and Hoya alone."  Woohyun warned.
Sunggyu scoffed and swore under his breath.  He turned to leave and Myungsoo and Sungyeol followed.  After the kingkas were out of sight, Woohyun sighed in relief.  He inhaled a deep breath and thanked his luck.  
"I can't believe they fell for that.  I really should have recorded our conversation."  Woohyun said to himself.  He then headed off.  He still had other things to take care of.
 
The streest were quiet.  Woohyun was  walking down a narrow street with a bag of books in hand, looking for a certain address.   He stopped by the gate of one house and check the address he had.  It was the place he was looking for.  Before  he could open the gate, a familiar woman stepped out of the house.  
"What are you doing here?"  She said.  "You ... Just stay away."
"HyoSung noona..."  Woohyun bowed.  He didn't know what else to do.
"Get out of here Woohyun!  Stay away from us!  You've ruined Howon's life enough." She hit Woohyun in the chest with both hands, trying to push him away.   "Leave us alone and stop causing trouble for my brother."  
HyoSung was ready to hit Woohyun again when a pair of arms wrapped around her. 
 "It's ok noona.  He's not worth it.  Let's just go inside."  Hoya whispered into his sister's ear.
The older woman started crying as she was lead back into the house by her brother.  Hoya didn't even look back and Woohyun was left in the street.  He was choked up with hurt and guilt.  Tears streamed down his face as he walked back home.
Woohyun stared at the entrance of the hospital.  He wanted to go it but was afraid too.  He knew what he had done but he didn't want to face reality.  Woohyun sat on a bench.  He ran his fingers through his hair nervously.  He looked backed up at the large white building in front of him.  He was startled to see Hoya looking down at him from the 2nd floor.  Even from at their distance, Woohyun could see the anger and hatred in Hoya's eyes.  He got up from his seat and stubbled backwards to run away.  

Hoya watched Woohyun run way.  He watched until the other boy disappeared from sight.   He laid back on his hospital bed and closed his eyes.  He wanted to block out every, especially the pain in his left leg.  He rubbed the case protecting his broken leg.  It was all over now.  His dream was over.


A/N:  The last part was a memory.  It give you a slight understanding why Woohyun and Hoya are the way they are.

Thank you for subscribing: leejoon22, kris-ownsikarnin96, IloveHYS, hofangs, kyungsoo, JENNNNN_STAO, hototheya, and Sandrellae.

 

I don't own this picture.  Credit goes to the orignial maker(s).