The New Student

My Favorite Mistake

 

"It's been a long time, Woo."
"Hoya..." Woohyun was shocked to see the other boy. He had left everything behind so he wouldn't have to see the very person standing in front of him.   It had already been close to two years since they had seen each other.  A wave of emotion washed over him.  His heart was racing  and his knees were weak.
"So you've been Seoul all this time. I had wondered where you disappeared to."   Hoya slowly took a step closer to Woohyun. His hands balled into a fist.  "Seeing you right now makes me want to punch that pretty little face of yours."
Woohyun swallowed hard.  He started to take a few steps back, as fear took over.  When he made enough distance between him and Hoya he turned and ran as fast as his legs would take him.  He caught the bus just before it left the bus stop.  He slumped into a seat in the back of the bus.  He was still breathing hard from running.  Woohyun groaned with pain as he hugged his side.  He knew he was going to be bruised from the beating he just took.  The incident was all too familiar to him.
 
It was cold dark night in Busan.  There was no moon out and except for the lights from near by building, nothing could be seen on the beach.  Asside from the sound of the waves hitting the shore, the only sound that could be heard was the huffing and puffing of a group of boys beating up on one guy.  The boy on the ground was hunched over trying to protect himself.  Woohyun was out numbered and couldn't defend himself.  He groaned with each hit and kick that he recieved.  He looked up to see Hoya standing off to the side, watching the whole thing with a smirk on his face.  They're eyes met but Woohyun wouldn't give him the satisfaction of crying.  No matter how much pain he was in, he wasn't going to cry.  No, he wasn't going to let Hoya see him cry.
 
Woohyun dropped his bag as soon as he entered his apartment.  He was drained but shuffled his feet to the bathroom to assess the damage to his body.  In the mirror he saw his bruised cheek and cut lip.  He lifted his shirt to see a large bruise forming on his ribs.  I guess it could have been worse, he thought.  Woohyun showered to clean himself off. 
He laid on his bed with arms crossed underneath his head, thinking about the day.  The biggest mistake he made  was with Hoya.   In Busan everyone knew about them and their history.  Hoya was the reason Woohyun ran away to Seoul.  There was too much talk and Woohyun needed to seperate himself from his past.  Now they were living in the same city again.  Woohyun was scared.  He didn't want to go through the same problems again.
 
Woohyun's cell phone buzzed.  
"Hello... A delivery... at my school... and drop off where?... ok, I got it."
Woohyun rolled out of bed and put on a jacket as he left his apartment.  He rode his motorbike back to his school to make his pick-up.  It was a small bag with a change of clothes inside.  Since the bag was in his classroom, Woohyun knew exactly who his delivery was for.  Woohyun rode to a familiar tutoring building.  He took out his phone to make a call. 
"I'm here with your delivery, where are you?... Yeah, I see it."
Woohyun walked over to a public restroom.   He entered the men's room where Sungjong was waiting for him.  The other boy quickly grabbed his bag from Woohyun.
"What took you so long?  I'm going to be late."  Sungjong whined.
"If you were worried about going to be late, why didn't you just go in with your uniform?"  Woohyun fired back.
Sungjong sneered at Woohyun before stepping into a stall to change.  He was out of his uniform and into regular clothes in no time.  He hurried to his tutoring building with Woohyun following behind him.
"Yah, you still need to pay me."  Woohyun yelled.
Sungjong and Woohyun were standing in front of the building.  Sungjong took some money out of his bag and shoved it to Woohyun's chest.  "Here."
Woohyun huffed. "Tsk ... Your welcome."
Sungjong was about to turn away when two students from their school spotted them.  They ran up to the two other boys then looked up at the building they were standing in front of.
"Oh my god, Sungjong are you being tutored?"  One asked.
"N-no.  We were just walking by."  Sungjong lied.
"Then why did it look like you were about to go in?... All that talk about studying hard when you're just being tutored."  The second student said, while rolling his eyes.
"I SAID I WASN'T!"  Sungjong yelled. "I-I'm just getting a ride from Woohyun...  He was parked here."
The two other students didn't seem to believe his excuse.  Before anyone could say anything more,  Sungjong grabbed Woohyun's arm.  "Let's go."
Woohyun didn't want to add to Sungjong's embarrassment.  He handed the latter his extra helmet and they rode off.  They were crossing a bridge, when Woohyun heard  Sungjong yelling in his ear to stop.  Woohyun pulled off to the side of the road, while Sungjong got off.  He grabbed his bag with his uniform and threw it over the bridge.
"Are you crazy?  Why the hell did you do that for?"  Woohyun questioned in disbelief.
Sungjong looked over the bridge into the dark water below.  "Isn't there something you're embarrassed about?... My older brother and sister went to International Schools but I couldn't make it in... Having to go to Woolim High... it's embarrassing."  He confessed.  He turned back to Woohyun. "If you have something you're embarrassed about, throw it over too."
Woohyun walked over to the edge of the bridge.  "Myself... Can I throw over myself?"  he looked over to Sungjong who was starring back at him.  "There's worse things in this world besides settling to attend our school."  He sighed as he turned towards his bike.  "Let's get out of here."
 
The next morning, Woohyun was running late again but was still able to catch his bus and making it to school on time.  He spotted Sungjong outside the school gates, looking nervous to enter the school.  He was wearing his gym uniform since he threw his school uniform away the night before.  Woohyun took off his school jacket and handed it to the other.  He walked into the school, not waiting for a response from the other. 
Woohyun settle into his seat and laid his head back down.  He wanted to take a short nap before class started.  Before he could get comfortable, he felt someone nudge his shoulder.  He looked up to see Sungjong standing infront of him with his jacket.
"It's too big on me.  Plus it looks weird to wear it with my gym uniform."  the taller boy stated.  Sungjong gave him a shy smile, then walked towards the front of the class to his seat.
Woohyun smiled.  He knew Sungjong had a cold personality but he understood that this was the boy's way of being nice.  He laid his head back down and closed his eyes.
"Good Morning, Class."  Mr. Park greeted as he entered the class.  "I want you to meet someone.  We have a new transfer student... Please come in."  
A handsome young man with sharp features joined the class.  The class started to hoot and hollar at the new student.  The girls were throwing compliments while the boys groaned at having another guy to compete with.  The new student stood next to the teacher in front of the class.
"Please greet everyone."  Mr. Park urged.
"Hello. I'm Lee Howon but call he Hoya.  Take good care of me."  The new student bowed.
Woohyun opened his eyes and brought his attention to the front when he heard the new student's name.    He starred at Hoya in alarm.  He swallowed hard when Hoya's eyes met with his.
"Hoya, you can take a seat back there."  Mr. Park pointed out.
Hoya slowly headed to his new seat.  Woohyun carefully observed the other boy.  He continued to stare at Hoya as the other boy took his seat.
"Class President... Class President... MmmHmm, Class President."
Woohyun finally snapped out of his stare.  "Ummm... Yes..."  Woohyun reluctantly stood up.  "Attention... Bow."
Hoya turned his attention to Woohyun, once he heard the latter speak.  He had one eyebrow cocked as he scoffed at the Class President.  He glared at Woohyun, who was taking his seat.  Woohyun shyly looked back at Hoya, his eyes full of worry.    Hoya smirked at Woohyun and turned his attention back to the teacher.  This should be interesting.

A/N:  I didn't take as long to update this time... I'm sorry.  I know you guys must have expected a little more WooYa than this.  Please be patient with me.

I still owe you guys some MyungGyu too.  I didn't forget.  I'm still trying to figure out a place to add their story arc without disrupting the main story.

Thank you to hobaby, seeshyh, InfinitelyCassie, zonoppon, -Yuri_Crunchy-, and Mylifekpop for subscribing.  I appreciate the support.

These pictures are not mine, and credit goes to the owners.