Chapter 8

The Truth Behind Eunsihae

The door of the dorms opened. Siwon and Donghae walked in to see a dazed Eunhyuk sitting on the floor.

Eunhyuk snapped out of his reverie as his eyes saw the two people he wanted to see the least at the moment. He got up quickly and bolted to Leeteuk's room. Unfortunately, his two best friends were bigger and stronger than him, resulting to be blocked. 
 
"Hyukkie-ah, we-" Donghae made a circular motion that pointed to the three of them, " need to talk"
 
Eunhyuk shook his head furiously in disagreement, as he struggled against the iron grips on his forearms. "Hyukkie-hyung, please don't run away from the problem!"
 
Problem? Was he running away? Eunhyuk's eyebrows drew together and begrudgingly nodded, finally giving up. 
 
Donghae sighed. "Why don't we sit down?" 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
The trio sat awkwardly in the dining area. Eunhyuk on one side; Siwon and Donghae on the other, preventing Eunhyuk from escaping if he had second thoughts. Eunhyuk sat solemnly, looking at his lap, clearly ignoring the two pair of eyes that were boring holes. 
 
Donghae looked at Eunhyuk with anxious eyes. He diverted his gaze to meet Siwon's and signaled him by quickly tipping his head toward's Eunhyuk. Siwon weakly nodded back as an 'ok'. 
 
"Hyukie-hyung.." Siwon gulped down his nervousness. "H-Have you, u-um, come up with a c-conclusion yet?"
 
Eunhyuk didn't. He knew he's not ready yet. Why did he get caught into this mess that he only thought would happen in dramas? "No" he whispered. 
 
"Hyukkie-ah..." Donghae said soothingly, "Don't worry about us. Because we..." He looked at Siwon with the same warmth. "will always support you. And we both love you very much. Follow your heart."
 
"Follow your heart." 
 
That phrase is the same as the one Teukie-umma used. Eunhyuk was angry. He wasn't angry at Donghae or Siwon or even Leeteuk for saying that... that stupid phrase that made him confused. He was angry with himself. For being such a bothersome dongsaeng. For being a terrible friend. For everything that he caused. 
 
"Don't say that." Eunhyuk whispered. Siwon and Donghae didn't hear him. "What did you say, Hyukkie?"
 
"Don't say that." Another mutter. "Don't say that!"
 
Eunhyuk was in tears for the nth time that day. He was damn frustrated. How could they be so understanding? How could they, especially for someone like him?
"Why are you guys so calm?! What happens if I only choose one?! How will I know that the one that isn't chosen will be fine?!"
 
Donghae stood up to hug Eunhyuk and tell him that nothing will happen. Eunhyuk pushed him away. He tried to rub away the tear stains as new ones took their place.  "Tell me honestly that you will be fine if I choose Siwon and not feel any pain."
 
Donghae felt his own eyes burn with tears. "I can't." Eunhyuk scoffed, slightly choked, and turned to Siwon. "And you! Tell me that you'll be fine if I chose Donghae."
 
Siwon shook his head. He admitted that he couldn't be all happy-go-lucky if that was his real answer. Eunhyuk took a shaky breathe in. " Now you know how I feel."
 
"I don't know what to do? I can't follow my heart. And if I did, how will I be happy to see one of you suffering while me and whoever I choose live happily ever after!"
 
Donghae looked with his puffy eyes and shook his head. "Hyukkie. I realized that neither one of us will be super happy if you don't choose us..." Eunhyuk looked at Donghae with a 'No duh!' expression. "But that doesn't mean our relationships will be broken."
 
"How?" Eunhyuk asked, trying to control his crazy tearducts. "Tell me how could we be the normal 'Eunsihae' after this?"
 
"I don't know," Donghae stated truthfully. A small silence was casted once more.
 
"If-" Donghae tried once more to stop the awkwardness. "If you can't choose, why not have both?"