Nothing

The Ghost

Jiyong couldn't help the small giggle that escaped him as he ate what Seunghyun had cooked for him. Although the meat was still quite raw, and the vegetables stuck to each other like glue, he couldn't help enjoying the simple plate.

"I know it's not the best, but I hope it's still edible."The human chuckled as he looked at the small ghost, amusement evident in his eyes."If it's that bad, we could order take-out."

Jiyong wasn't sure about what take-out was. He was aware of the fact that he had had it before, maybe not the same the other boy was talking about, but he knew that the word wasn't entirely alien to him. Still, he didn't want to risk getting something worse than what he was eating now, chewing every piece of chicken as thoroughly as he could.

"It's okay, it's not too bad."He said, smiling shyly.

Being taken care of after so many years felt amazing. He was still scared of what would happen, but for some reason, the presence of the other boy soothed all his worries. Seunghyun just radiated something the ghost couldn't even put to words, yet it made him special.

"If you say so."The taller teen chuckled, ruffling the soft blonde hair of the younger.

"Seunghyun, do you have someone over?"Said boy's mother was the one to interrupt their peaceful dinner. Seunghyun sighed softly, quickly sitting a bit farther from the smaller blonde as their shoulder had been touching before. He couldn't imagine his mother hating Jiyong because of him. So even if he had to pretend that he wasn't interested in the small boy, he was going to pretend him from his mother.

Before her son could have said anything, a tall, brown-haired woman strutted into the kitchen She frowned as she glanced at Jiyong, hate flashing up in her eyes as she examined him.

"You. Get out of my house, now."She snarled. Was that boy really there? How could he?

"Excuse me?"Jiyong asked softly, his heart hammering against his chest as fear was the only thing he could feel. He didn't know why, but he knew that he had to run.

"Get.out. And never come back!"

Those eyes, he had seen them before.

Many, many years ago...

He let out a choked cry, his breath catching in the back of his throat as he jumped up, running away as his whole body shook.

Memories he never wanted to see again were trying to taint his mind, images of love, hatred and lastly, pain.

Seunghyun was there, too.

Seunghyun... His Seunghyun.

He was his, never someone else's. The moment they had met, they knew they could never be separated.

All he knew, that the older boy used to love him.

And that he was the one to get him killed, too.

Seunghyun stared at his mother in shock. His hands shook as pushed himself away from his chair. Jiyong was out in the street, alone. He might have been dead, but he was defenseless, and quite probably not invincible.

He had never felt worry this strong. As his mother smirked a little, obviously content with what she caused, he only knew that he had to leave, too.

"Don't expect me back soon."He snarled.

"What? Seunghyun, don't even dare to leave.!"The woman yelled, an almost animalistic growl escaping her.

"You're not the one to tell me."The boy answered before following the small ghost, hoping that he would be able to catch up with him before anything happened.

He had to protect him, even if his mother was going to hate him from then on.

"Jiyong!"He yelled, as he ran, panting already. "Ji, where are you?

Jiyong had heard Seunghyun. He had fallen on his knees just minutes ago, his body shaking as he tried to calm down. Now he knew things about his past, and it hurt.

He was just sobbing there almost soundlessly. As much as he loved Seunghyun, he couldn't... he couldn't go back to him again, even if nothing had been his fault.

Nothing.

But not much later, he was pulled into those strong, familiar arms. Soft kisses were pressed all over his cheeks, his forehead and even on the corners of his lips before he was held tightly, worry evident in the other boy's shaking form.

"Baby, it's okay. She won't harm you."Seunghyun whispered, lightly caressing the boy's back."No one can hurt you anymore, I'm here."

Why did such a seemingly incignificiant nickname make Jiyong's cheek flush crimson? He didn't know. Maybe, how it was uttered. With such love the small blonde could now recall clearly. Or maybe the fact that Seunghyun had been to whisper it so softly, so gently.

"Hyunnie..."Jiyong whispered, clinging to the elder. Not much before, his fingers had fisted themselves into the other boy's shirt, clutching into it for dear life. As if he lost his grip, he would have lost Seunghyun, his Hyunnie.

"It's okay, sweetie. My mother is cruel, I know..."The taller whispered, disgust lacing his tone. He hated how he had to be so against his mother but, how could he ever regret it? The woman was the cause of the suffering of the boy he liked so much.

Even if he barely knew Jiyong, he felt like he was more important to him than his own life. He was beyond important, precious...

His sweet little boy to protect, love, and care for.

"I'm sorry."Jiyong whispered as he pulled away not much later, his eyes still glistening with tears. Seunghyun just shook his head.

"It's alright. You didn't do anything, baby."

"But I did. I shouldn't have ran!" Jiyong whispered. He knew well, that this way, he could never never truly escape like this. But he was so scared, even now.It was quite obvious that it was impossible for the woman to actually know who he was, or that he was the one whose eyes he had seen all those years back. Still... he couldn't shake off the feeling that his memories had been truly triggered by her, not something else... Or maybe her voice.

"It's okay."Seunghyun whispered once again, pulling Jiyong close to him once again."You did scare me, it's true. But as long as you're safe, in my arms, it's okay, Yongie."

Loving the ghost already wasn't what Seunghyun should have felt. He knew it and he feared his emotions. But... did it really matter as long as what he felt was pure adoration?

They deserved happiness, right?