Mr. Snake Charmer

Foxy

“Nnngg- nnngghh, Yunnie, n-no more—“The vixen whined under me for the umpteen time. I was intending to help him relax and not get so tensed up but he wouldn’t let me and as he continued to squirm. I had no choice but to grab one of his legs and pull it straight.

Yes, yes what were you thinking? I was giving him a massage to his feet. A good one and hard one at least. I shook my head and jerked his leg back onto my thigh as I kneaded his aching leg. Gumihos get tired to okay not just humans. He continued to wiggle and pout at me staring resiliently at my skillfully long fingers his feet.

“Keep still.” I chastised him smacking his large thigh. “I might make you pull a muscle if you move more.”

“B-but—it hurts.” JaeJoong whined.

“It won’t after a while now give me your other leg.” I commanded.

JaeJoong being the naughty fox he was retracted his right leg and inched away from me. He was still pouting and I knew the only thing that would make him listen to me. I grinned and he stared at me feeling an oncoming wave of cunning. He whimpered when I lurched forward, face only inches from him. I stole a peck from his lips.

“Y-yunnie.” He sputtered. I stole another one and another one before I was glomping him on the couch.

“That’s what you get for not obeying me.” I admonished.

He squeaked when I slipped a hand under his bear thigh trailing them up till they came to rest under his . Joongie made a series of weird noises, and curled up into my grip instantly. I was so freaking glad I had him take off his pants. Kekekekeke~

“Nnnnnnhhh, Yun—“He whispered into my neck as I pressed kisses to his forehead.

I hummed in reply returning to his eye level still grinning away. My hand which was still resting on his cheek left its position to caress his large thigh again and pat it. “Yeah Joongie?”

“Can you massage my other leg?” He asked politely. I looked at him and tilted my head before literally smiling so wide my cheeks would hurt if I continued to smile like that. I ruffled his hair.

“Yes I can.”

What did I tell you know, lesson 101 in taming, I mean getting your Gumiho to listen to you- Play dirty. Well anyway I’m betting you wanna know the rest of the wonderful time with my lovely vixen don’t cha.

I left Joongie asleep on the couch in my living room as I shuffled to my kitchen to grab myself a hot cup of cocoa. It was raining heavily outside and well ChangMin wasn’t anywhere in sight. I returned to my seat just beneath the feet of my Gumiho as I sipped on my beverage. Joongie curled up a little probably feeling a depression at his feet and made cute faces in his sleep. I watched him, a smile playing on the side of my lips. Looking out the frosted over window, the wind was still howling and the rain kept beating down on my window seal. It was no mans’ land outside especially in such a storm.

Oh well…

I dimmed the lights in the living room hopefully to keep the cozy mood for Joongie and laid my head back on the head rest before drifting off into slumber but the next thing I woke up to was the insistent rapping against my window panes. My eyes fluttered open as I fixed my gaze on the window. The letch had somehow broken off and the windows were flapping about wildly like those in the movie when there was a storm and the main character was at home—my thoughts were disrupted when the rain water splashed against my face and the lightning flash. A creature leaped at me abruptly from the window claws sprung, fangs bared.

I threw myself out of the couch, my eyes flying wide for the second time that night. I looked around the room. It was still dim, the same way I left it. The window was still sealed shut and it was still rather pouring outside. My breathing was in heaps, with beads of sweat rolling down my forehead. I never had such a nightmare, at least not for years since I started this job as an Exorcist. I sighed before turning to the peaceful slumbering form of Joongie still curled up, now in his little foxy form.

Deciding sitting there wasn’t going to help; I rubbed my face and headed to the kitchen when a hand appeared on my shoulder. I turned to see ChangMin, looking a little worried.

“If I weren’t an Exorcist, I would have jumped out of my skin.” I admonished with little effort in my voice.

“You had a nightmare didn’t you?” He asked. Know it all.

“So what if I did?” I asked wearily, opening my fridge to search for something to calm my nerves.

“You dreamt about him attacking you didn’t you?” ChangMin pressed.

I froze on the spot and curled my fist. “So what If I did?!” I snapped as I turned to face him. “It won’t make a difference!”

ChangMin looked at me, quite taken aback by my sudden outburst of fury. He creased his eyebrow at me before turning away. “Sorry I asked.”

I too turned away, heart racing away and I bet Changmin could hear it clearly. Still… I didn’t want to think about the dream I had which seemed all too surreal. I brushed past him to the couch, returning to my seat beside the slumbering fox. I watched Joongie’s ears twitch as he opened those ebony eyes of his. He stared at me for a second and started to yap. My little Joongie was hungry again.

 

I still wonder if that was a snippet of what I experience years ago coming back to haunt me or was that just another figment of my imagination. I’ll never know.

 

I spent the rest of the time in the kitchen trying to whip up something new. I’m not a cook you know. Instant ramen and miso soup always go well for me. Well occasionally kimchi and a side of anchovies and tofu soup would be fine. However this time I hope to achieve something my mom was really good at. Potato Jiggae. Still… I felt like I wasn’t the type to cook. Oh well…

Joongie hopped on the table and stared at me tilting his furry head as he watched me in curiosity. I sat down infront of him while waiting for my stew to boil and watched him his paw, rubbing his own fur with his paws, redoing those actions again and again. Each time he did, his little ears would pop back to their original position when he had finished grooming his own head. I guess foxes do that often, but I found that really adorable. Joongie got up to stroll around on top of the table before he sat back down again to stare at me. Incidentally, he poked his snout onto my nose, probably a little fox way of kissing me. I still wondered why he was so small when he had the strength of ten cows put together. Bull strength small frame probably.

I smelt my food cooking so I resumed what I was doing. We sat down to dinner—more like Joongie sat on my lap as I fed myself and him. That’s when it happened.

Something long came crashing through out kitchen window and fortunately with my reflexes I pushed off the table as the back of the chair came crashing with the wall. Joongie had leaped off my lap barking at the intruder.

“Great…” I groaned as I slipped off my chair. “I need to redecorate again.”

Out of the dust and rubble, a long slender head peek out and I faintly made out the figure of a serpent. I clicked my tongue and scooted over to Joongie who was now human form and combat ready.

“Get Min.” I commanded.

Joongie looked at me confusion written all over his face. “Get Min!” I repeated myself and he nodded not needed to be told twice. Bolting out the door, he left me where I came face to face with my next ‘hard to deal with’ creature of the month.

Being in my house, I had my arsenal of weapons to choose from, that is if I could get to them. I tumbled out of the kitchen where I slid my hand under the TV stand grabbing my sword. Yes I can use a sword. I drew it and heard another series of hisses and spits as the long snake slithered towards me quick as lightning. It tried to strike at my arm but I successfully blocked it with my sheath.

If this goes on in my house, I’ll have to move. I thought to myself.

I crashed through my window tumbling on the ground outside and concluded it was a success since the long snake decided to follow me. Taking the big area as my ally, I drew my sword uttering a spell over the blade before it glowed bright blue.

“Yunnie!” I heard from the back as the Vixen can flying in.

“Where’s Min?!” I asked in a haste.

“Coming!”

The Vampire was right on time as he leaped through the bushes.

“I’m here! What’s the—woahh!” He exclaimed as his eyes set themselves on a 3 footer snake. “Well that’s something you don’t see every day.” He commented.  “Some dude has been two timing his wife.”

I stared at Min for a second not knowing what exactly he was talking about when Joongie pushed me out of the way, only to get knocked off his feet by the humungous strength of the snake’s long tail. He flew through a bush behind us where I heard the sound of a tree crack at the immense pressure. I heard the fox whine which I presumed he was unhurt. He leaped out of the bushes in an instant becoming a tangled mess with the 3 footer, tail or tails wrapped around each other. I watched as both legendary creatures battled it out tooth to tail. It was like the competition of strength to be honest and I didn’t know what to do in fear I might hit the wrong one.

ChangMin shook his head when he decided to join the party, throwing himself at the tangled mess. I just stared on still gripping onto my sword snapping my head from my fox to the snake. I HAD to do something. That’s when an Idea struck my mind. If I hadn’t mistaken, ChangMin said something about a dude two timing. I remembered my grandmother once thought me about heartbroken women’s hatred for their two timing spouses turning into giant white snakes. Which meant...

“I’m so gonna regret this.” I groaned to myself.

The snake threw Joongie off its back again and wiggled free of ChangMin’s grasp while I ran head long into the coil, grabbing it by its neck and pulling it down. I did the next thing which both Min and Jae never saw coming. I kissed the snake.

ChangMin literally gasped while Joongie stared blankly. Immediately the snake stopped its rampage.

“Y-yunnie???” The vixen sputtered blinking and Changmin roared over with laughter when the serpent decided to coil around me affectionately. I almost wanted to facepalm.

I turned to the snake which merely flicked its forked tongue at me and I awkwardly lifted my hand to rub its head. “There there?” I asked. The snake nudged me on my palm and I almost felt bad for even thinking of sending it back.

“Um… I feel bad.” I announced seeing how tame it was. “Can we keep it?”

ChangMin’s mouth hung open. “Oh great. Now you want to keep a snake. What is this? A pet shop?”

Actually Minnie made sense. I guess I was too soft sometimes, and I had to put my feelings aside in order to do my job right. Not that I regretted letting Joongie go, he’s the exception.

Pulling out my charms, I laced them on the snake mumbling a few words before the snake totally disappeared before my very eyes. With that done, I dusted my hands and turned around only to get head in the gut by my little fox. Joongie yapped angrily at me and pouted as he sat on the floor looking at me with those big foxy eyes of his.

“Well someone’s angry you kissed a snake.” Minnie commented.

“I had too!” I explained.

“Oh really.” He asked with a grin on his face.

“Come on Minnie, surely you understand.” I whined. Joongie snorted and scampered back into the house without looking back at me.

“I can’t help you there hyung, he’s YOUR fox not mine, you make him happy.” Minnie almost had the urge to giggle. “See ya~” He chuckled waving overhead and disappearing into the forest.

“Some great help.” I mumbled before catching up to Joongie who had phased and was sitting on the couch, folding his arm. A frown decorated his face. Yeap definitely jealous.

Feeling bad, I took my seat next to him and he looked away staring at the wall deciding to give me the cold shoulder. I grinned and leaned into him worming my arm around his shoulder pulling him closer to me. He fidgeted and pouted his best pout.

“I’m sorry.” I apologized. I watched his eyes flicker to me for a second and then he was ignoring me again. So I tried one more time. “Next time I decided on kissing something to calm it down, I’ll ask for your permission okay Joongie?” I asked.

His eyes fluttered to me again this time holding their position still scowling at me. “Stupid Yunnie.” He muttered.

“Awww, yes, Joongie, I’m stupid, but I’m your stupid Yunnie.” I cooed into his hair. My fingers found his cheeks before I pulled him into a gentle kiss. He promptly resisted but soon melted into my touched obliging to my ministrations.

“Stupid Yunnie.” He mumbled again before we kissed again.

====================================================================================

 

Sorry for the break.

I hope this chapter is not that bad, cos I ran out of ideas and my brain won't work. Oh well I wrote alot today... hahaha~~~

 

The Little Creature book 101 :

KiyoHime: A woman who turns into a white snake demon because of unrequited love.

 

I need to start reading more manga XD!!

Comments please!

 

Love,

DragonKnightYunJae