Falling... In the literal sense

Foxy

“I’m going with Yunho!” JiYong insisted.

“No,no,no! I’ve been going with Yunnie since forever!” Joongie whined, clinging onto my arm and looking all possessive. Frankly speaking I think he was just being jealous there was now someone else who wanted to snatch me away, not that I had a problem with that.

“You attract attention to Yunho. He doesn’t want that!”

“You attract attention with you big fat !” Joongie retaliated.

Jiyong the snake turned around to peer at his behind. “W-what I don’t have a big .”

“You do, it’s so big, and people get blocked when they try to look at the board!”

“Guys.” I groaned.

“Well, your is bigger!” Jiyong challenged.

Joongie blinked and turned around staring at his and shook it. He turned to me in a cheeky smile. “Does Joongie have a big ?”

 “Uh…” I paused and turned to Jiyong who was gagging.

Honestly speaking I have no idea how I ended up in this situation. I swore if my grandmother knew that I was harboring two, wait no three demons, she’s probably throw a fit and throw me out. Swell.

“I’m going to school on my own.” I asserted myself.

“But!” Both of them exclaimed.

“No buts, I can take care of myself… Have been doing that for the past couple of years now.” I explained. “Now be good while I’m gone.” I watched as both of them pouted.

Well there I sounded like a mother telling her children to be good while she was gone, not to cause trouble. Damn do I sound naggy old grandmother.  School time.

As usual, as I reached the entrance of the University, Min was there to greet me with a smirk and a wave. I returned the gesture, punching his shoulder lightly. We strolled through the hallways of the vast campus before actually reaching out lecture hall which was eh….. too far to be noticed from outside of the doorway and as soon as we entered the hall, the girl by the name of Go Ara rushed up to greet me with a wide grin.

“Hello!” She waved quickly in front of me. “You’re in my class again!”

God! Not her again! I groaned inwardly, forcing a mechanical smile.

“H…i…” I said slowly before turning to make my way to our seats.

Of course, as all whiny and attention seeking girls… ok, actually the only attention seeking girl in the whole entire campus would be her – Go ‘take your seat and put your on the bench’ Ara, she whined and skipped after me following close behind.

“Oppa, shall we sit together today?”

“No, I’m sitting with ChangMin.” I murmured.

“ChangMin?” She asked before I realized that Min only showed himself to people he wanted to which would be just me. I groaned aloud this time and felt a hand on my shoulder.

“That would be me.” ChangMin flashed the widest grin he had and the advancing predatory girl. He flickered his eyes to me and mouthed. ‘You’re gonna owe me one.’

Ara of course, stared at the long legged ChangMin and gapped, her lips hanging open like she’d never seen him in her whole life. She pulled a frown soon after and dragged herself back to her seat where her other girlfriends filled in the seats beside her.

I turned to Min who was still shaking his head in my direction. “What.” I asked.

“Nothing… It’s just I don’t understand how you handle Joongies problems when you can’t even handle girl problems.”

I slapped his arm. “I’m not an all-rounder okay, I can’t handle EVERYTHING.” I emphasized my last word.

--------------------------------------------------

-JaeJoong POV-

Ahhhh...... I wonder what Yunnie is doing now…. He’s probably in class studying to be a clever boy. Ehehheeh.

I forgot to tell you where I am now, he~ I’m above Yunnie’s University. The roof is a little flat and pointy and so boring, there’s nothing to do here but to sit and wait. JiYong isn’t with me cos I said he couldn’t come. I don’t like it when he disturbs me when I’m with Yunnie, or telling a story. Bleehhh-

I like the cool gentle breeze in the afternoon up on the roof. Although it’s a little hot but I don’t mind. As long as I can see my Yunnie later it would be fine.

“Hello!”

Not him again.

“Go away snake.” I mumbled under my breath staring away.

“Aww don’t be like that, hyung.” He complained, plopping beside me. “I know you like me, you just don’t say it.”

“I think you’re annoying-“

“No I’m not.”

“Yes you are, go away!” I whined, rolling the snake.

“Stop rolling me I’m not a rolling pin!”

I turned and breathed a big fire ball at the snake causing him to leap away in shock. Thereafter he sat in a corner drawing circles and moping. That’s when both of us hear the chimes of the big bell just encased by four pillars of concrete over hanging the school. Yunnie’s lecture must be over! Yay!

I got up to look over the ledge where I spotted him walking out together with Minnie and oh wait! I see a girl running after- no no no!

Leaping from the rooftop I landed right behind her. She cannot see me of course. I grinned naughtily before clawing a line down the back of her shirt, causing it to flop forward revealing her back. I bet she realized that a lot of eyes were focusing on her back so she reached behind and when it happened, she screamed gripping onto her shirt in desperation of covering her up. I think I accidently snapped her bra strap too opps.

Yunnie turned off course and watched her frantic and all embarrassed. She looked up spotted him and scurried off with more eyes following her.

Satisfied, I threw myself at Yunnie and hugged his arm purring.

“You did that didn’t you?” He asked. He wasn’t angry but he sounded amused.

“Uhhuh-“I blinked happily at him with my big doe eyes. “Joongie did well?”

“Naughty boy.” He admonished, pinching my nose scrunching his own.

MinMin gagged and I stuck out my tongue at him.

------------------------------

Oh ha-ha, well that was awkward. I didn’t have to see Ara’s . That’s so as far as jealousy can get you with Joongie around.

Dusk set in really soon with both of us lounging on the couch. I Joongie’s hair while he laid his head on my lap. Actually I still wondered what I’d be without him around. Maybe I’ll just be another ordinary shaman/exorcist, you’ll never know. Joongie soon drifted off to sleep and I sat reading the journal my grandmother wrote for me. As I peered out the window, a little light caught my attention. It flickered on an off like the lights on a firefly, except this was a larger glow. I supposedly could just ignore it but as the light shone a wee bit brighter, I swore it was hard to ignore, like it was calling to me for some reason.

Curiosity took its toll on me and so I lifted Joongie’s head placing it on a cushion and got up from my seat. He mumbled something which sounded like gibberish before turning around and hugging the cushion.

Leaving the comfort of the living room, I made my way towards the light- that wasn’t a pun. As I got closer, the light moved further inwards, like it was trying to draw me to something. The terrain around me started to take a different draft as the foliage seemed sparser, not thicker. Still with my attention focused on the light I pushed pass the branches which were blocking my way.

It paused so suddenly that I didn’t have time to gather my bearing when suddenly the ground beneath me gave way and I plunged feet first into a terribly dark pit. I bet no one heard my shout of surprise.

The drop to the bottom seemed like really long way because when I decided to open my eyes, I was still falling. The wind was still ringing in my ears as I plunged into unknown grounds, wondering if my feet would ever touch the ground again. Problem was, if my feet ever touched the ground, what would become of them. I spun around in mid fall trying hard to grab onto something. I stretched out, and my fingers caught a root, but it snapped at the speed I was falling hardly breaking my descend cutting my fingers in the process.

“!” I cursed plucking them back and feeling the burn along the contours of my digits.

I don’t know how long I was falling but it seemed like forever. I reached under my coat for my talismans before mumbling a few chants.

My golden dragon roared to life stretching both claws out digging them into the walls of the pit, and coiling its tail around me. I was safe. For now.

I peered up into the sky. There was no light. It was probably too dark for me or I’d probably fallen too deep in to see any. Either way, I had to get somewhere I could place my foot on in order for me to find my way out. Deciding that going up wouldn’t help anymore; I commanded my dragon to take me further down. I know I’m crazy but well…

------------------------------------

-JaeJoong POV-

“Psssstt! Wake up!” I heard ChangMin hiss under his breath as he shook my shoulder roughly.

I turned around sleepily, eyes fluttering open only to see a really worried Vampire looking down at me.

“Min min???” I asked rubbing my sleepy eyes and then I realized; Yunho was missing. “Where’s Yunnie? I asked.

“That’s what I wanted to ask you.” He stressed. “I can’t smell him anywhere.”

I blinked, looking a little confused. Yunnie was with me a moment ago, he was my hair when I fell asleep and- Yunnie went missing!

Yunnie!

Sniffing the air, I followed his scent out of the door and into the woods in front of the house. He must have taken a stroll into the woods and got lost… but- Yunnie doesn’t get lost in the wood, he knows his way around like the back of his hand. He must be in trouble!

MinMin followed close behind me touching every tree we passed by in hopes of being able to pick up Yunnie’s scent. It wasn’t really hard but by the time I did, there was a big hole in front of me.

“Min!”

“Yeah, twinkle toes must have fallen in.” MinMin commented. “And he say doesn’t have two left feet.”

I looked at him worriedly wondering if Yunnie was hurt. Such a long drop below would end a human up dead. Squatting down I lit a flame on the end of my tail.

“Find Yunnie.” I whispered to my candle flame.

---------------------------------------------

When I finally managed to reach the bottom of the pit, it was past 3am according to my watch which was now soiled with dirt. My golden shikigami glowed revealing a cave where I had fallen. It was cold as all caves should be. Spotting a passage up ahead, I took my chances, hoping it would lead me to the surface.

The journey was a really torturous one. The ground was unpredictable as I imagined as they randomly gave way or shifted beneath my feet and if it weren’t for my dragon, I would have been swallowed by the earth itself.

Part of me wondered if Joongie found out I was missing for too long. I wonder if he would come to look for me. Something sparkled behind me thanks to my peripheral vision causing me to turn.

Master Yunho!” I heard from up ahead and watched as a blue black flame materialized before flying towards me.

“You’re Joongie’s flame!” I exclaimed.

He’s worried, he sent me to look for you!

The inner me heaved a sigh of relief. So he was worried.

“I’ll be fine.” I assured it, though I felt weird talking to a floating fox flame. When I turned, something large collided into me and before I knew it, I was out like a light.

Joongie…..

=============================================================================================

 

Sorry I didn't proofread this ><

Well... took me long enough to update a chapter.. As they say, inspiration comes in weird places at weird times.

Hope you enjoy this chapter! It's gonna be the 3rd last chapter! I think!

Yunho falls into a pit.

 

Love,

DragonKnightYunJae