Trouble with a capital 'G'

Foxy

It wasn’t like I didn’t have the reflex to dodge a charging Tiger. I just didn’t exactly expect a Tiger to run at me. Blinking, I just stood there, frozen to the ground, and my feet wouldn’t move even how much my mind was screaming for me to move.

Move move move dammit move!

What I didn’t quite expect to happen next was a struggling BaekHo wrapped in nine long furry tails. It growled at me and snapped its long teeth trying to get at my face but failed as Jae locked it in a cage of fur. I had no idea what it wanted of me or how it found me. Still trapped in JaeJoong’s vice, the Tiger changed its’ target and headed for the Fox. Jae must have anticipated that move, so he changed the course of his long appendage to block a path, and then with the other eight free tails he pinned the huge feline to the floor. He giggled while it squirmed under his pressure and waved to me.  My typical cutie.

ChangMin stood at the side lines watching the victorious moment, if you called hardly lifting a finger a victory. Walking over to the Tiger, he stared at it curiously.

“Shouldn’t this be somewhere all the way north of Korea?” He asked randomly poking the tiger. BaekHo growled and squirmed, JaeJoong held on tight.

“I don’t know.”

“What do you mean you don’t know?” ChangMin repeated my answer still poking the Tiger.

“It’s Korean folklore, don’t expect me to know everything and you haven’t explained yourself and how you know JaeJoong and why you were following us and-“I went on.

ChangMin tsked. “Slow down there, you sound like a bullet train.”

“Bullet trains are in Japan.”

“I don’t--- What-“ChangMin gave me an odd look.

“Yunnie—“JaeJoong interrupted pouting.

I got distracted a little by the pout. “Y-yes?”

“Can I eat it?” Joongie asked pointing to the squirming tiger.

I groaned. “No Joongie, not everything can be eaten.”

“But-“

“But?”

“I’m hungry.” He pouted even more folding his arms in the cutes fashion.

“You’re always hungry.” I pointed out.

“Yunnieeeeeee---“ He whined.

“Ahh fine fine, I’ll cook something for you eat when we get back Okay? Right now we have to figure out how to put this Tiger away.” I suggested before looking at my talismans. Right. Placing one of them onto the forehead of the BaekHo, I mumbled something under my breath and Jae released his grip as a bright sparkle broke from the slip of paper, tracing the wordings on top of it. Return to whence you came. I watched as the large feline disappeared before my very eyes and sighed dusting my palms.

With that done, I turned back to the smirking vampire. I knew he could read what was going on in my mind and I didn’t need to repeat myself.

“Spill. How did you know Jae and why were you following me?” I prompted.

He sighed and decided to explain all since there was nothing to benefit from hiding facts and truth. I found out that he and Jae went way back. Like way back to when they were little till present. The funny thing was that he mentioned looking for JaeJoong while I was busy studying my off in SNU. He revealed that not everyone can see him and he only reveals himself to selected people. That explained why I could see him and no one else could. So that was what Jae did when I was away.  Deciding that it didn’t matter now, I laughed, brushing it off my shoulder as if it was a small matter.

“That still doesn’t explain BaekHo.” I stressed, pacing up and down in front of ChangMin.

“Stray cat?” The vampire suggested unconventionally.

“It’s not a cat. It’s a Tiger.” I corrected.

“Looked like a cat to me.” He pointed out shrugging.

JaeJoong was half whining half whimpering as he scampered towards me by the time we were done bickering.

“He whines.” ChangMin noticed.

“Yeah.”

“You pamper him too much.”

“No I don’t.”

“Yes you do look.” ChangMin decided to drive home the point, picking Jae up and I watched the little fox wiggle and squirm in his hold making distress noises trying to get back to me. “You see.” ChangMin repeated.

“Fine I get you point, now return Jae to me.” I plucked the wiggling ball of fur from the Vampire’s hands. Once in my hands, Jae stopped his squirming as he peered at me with big foxy eyes. He snuggled into my arms comfortably while I continued my conversation with a person I never expected to befriend.

ChangMin told me more about where he came from and what he was doing in SNU. Actually it wasn’t very much different from what I was striving to do.

Me and my long winded stories.

Anyhow, I offered to invited ChangMin back home but he had other things to do like stalk his prey, If I didn’t get that wrong, it meant killing some random human and draining their blood of it, but he corrected me saying that he actually eats normal food, it’s just more ‘delicious’.

With that said, I carried JaeJoong all the way home randomly conversing with a fox in my arms. Joongie yapped at me which sounded like replies though I had no idea what they meant. I don’t speak fox. I sighed, rocking him while I strolled through the undergrowth of the forest.

“I wonder if my umma knew of my ‘extra’ occupation, what will she say? If she found out without me knowing and decided to keep a secret. Joongie, tell me what to do. I bet you don’t really know what to do either, because you don’t know my umma. Wait what I am talking about— “I paused tilting my head to the side. JaeJoong followed suit, curious at my sudden question.

“What if my appa knew about it too? Oh no!” I continued sprouting my random questions. “But they haven’t known for years, what makes now any different? /Sigh/ but if they do what will I do?” Realizing I was asking too much questions, I shook my head furiously jolting Joongie in my arms. He whined and nipped my shirt before hopping out of my arms, phasing into human form again. He wrapped his arms around my back leaning his chin onto my shoulder nuzzling it softly.

“What are you thinking of Yunnie?” He asked.

“Random.” I replied.

“It doesn’t sound random.” JaeJoong pointed out my cheek.

I heaved a big sigh. “It’s be that I’ve been hiding this thing about me and you and well the whole demon human world balance thing from them, I’m so afraid that if they found out, my life will cascade downhill like a waterfall.” I didn’t the waterfall noises causing Joongie to giggle.

The Gumiho cooed into my ears. “Don’t worry, when they do, I’ll make sure they don’t disown you or something.”

“Disown?” I exclaimed. “Good lord if I get disowned.”

“I’m just saying.” Joongie murmured against my ear.

Half a minute later, he was already nibbling on my ear lobe and clinging to me. I shivered at the cool touch of this tongue.

“Are you always hungry?” I asked.

“Unng!” JaeJoong affirmed.

“Gosh, shouldn’t you be the food monster then, not the nine tail fox demon?”

“No, the food monster is MinMin, I’m just hungry for reasons.” He explained still clinging onto my neck.

 

Yeah, it’s me again. Forgive me and my random conversation with Joongie. He has a bad habit of making me sprout nonsense around him. I don’t usual praise people but I praise him almost half the time if you haven’t been paying attention.

Joongie is really nice once you get to know him well. He’s really shy actually. He doesn’t like to socialize, thus forever hiding as a fox in the forest not wanting to come out. Joongie seldom goes near anyone, except me to be honest. Actually, it was because of a bad experience which happened not too long ago when I applied for University.

He once stepped into the campus, being the curious little fox he was and realized to his horror there were fox traps situated near the backyard of the school where my dormitory over looked. Since then he hardly set foot out back. Instead he’d settle for the front door but Joongie hates crowds. Because of his small size he had to dodge the outgoing hoards of students that flood out of the University each day. Enough said.

Joongie also has a dark secret that only I know and no I’m not going to reveal it or it wouldn’t be called a secret. Beg me for it.

 

“Oppa~” I heard a high pitched girly voice from behind as I paced out of University. Please don’t be me please don’t be me please—oh it’s me. That girl was Go Ara. She attended the same class as me. Her family was well to do and thus she mixed with the rich crowd in class. I cringed as she caught up to me putting her manicured fingers on my shoulder and smiling widely.

“What do you want?” I asked, not bothering to be nice.

“That’s mean.” She pointed to me still smiling. “Shouldn’t you be asking, ‘how may I help you’ instead?”

“What do you want?” I repeated myself ignoring her effort to correct my manners.

“Tsk, men.” She shook her head and giggled.

I crooked my lips.

“I see you all the time in class.” She cut to the chase. “You seem like a nice guy, would you like to join us for lunch some day?”

“Why?”

“The boys were talking about you. They said they really like your ‘cool’ attitude.” She grinned.

“I’m not cool. I don’t spend my time hanging out in the fridge.”

She stared at me for a moment before bursting out into fits of laughter making me even more irritated. I mean I was trying to piss her off or make her realize what a lame person I was but laughing as a reaction, okay that’s it! Game’s over. I turned and headed for the opposite direction.

“Omo! Oppa! I’m sorry!” She squeaked still trying to stifle her laughter, as she tugged at my sleeve.

I jerked my arm away from her fingers sneering at her. “Not interested, I don’t really have a thing for caviar and escargot.”

“But, oppa—“She whined, for the love of Pete, stop whining.

Not wanting to give up she scooted in front of my vision and pouted trying to make me give in. There are two things I hate. Girls pouting and high pitched whiny girls. She tried again, when I heard a growl from behind, more like below and then yapping.

“Oh.” I chuckle, grinning silly.

Looking over her shoulder, I spotted nine bristled tails eight unseen standing at end and a little furry fox being all aggressive and angry and adorable. Oh opps sorry.

Ara turned around to find the source of the sound was from a little fox under her feet and tried to shoo him away with her feet. That made Joongie angrier as the little Gumiho charged up to her and nipped at her pants. I had to hold back my snigger watching her trying to flick it off her pants, squeaking ‘shoo, get off, oppa help!’

“I’m sorry; I’m fully booked as you can figure out.” I pointed out dodging to Joongie’s side pulling him from her pants. Joongie clawed out of my arms at her still growling and hissing. What to do, Joongie is jealous.

“Noona!” One of the guys in my class called out to her giving her no choice but to turn around with a sulk on her face still dusting her pants.

Taking the opportunity, I ninja-ed my way into the depths of the lushes forest.

===========================================================================================

 

Hi,

I ran out of ideas and Joongie is a jealous fox.

I went for a break because of CNY~ Came back with food poisioning. Well whatdayaknow ==

Happy Valentines day and I'm #Foreveralone :/

No, no proofreads

Comments please!!

 

 

Love,

DragonKnightYunJae