I really do attract snakes... Zzzzz

Foxy

“Yunnie? Can we go to school together?” Jae asked, grabbing my arm and snuggling impossibly closer to me. He lent against my shoulder purring away enjoying my morning bed smell. Randomly looked down and crooked his head. “Yunnie, why is your blanket pointing?”

Still a little groggy, I turned to him with a questioning look but soon realized what he meant by pointing. Immediately I curled up away from him covering my no-no zone. “!” I exclaimed and Joongie scowled at me after I cursed. He has never liked it when I cursed anyway. That was soon forgotten when the naughty fox lifted the blanket and duck under the covers.

“J-joongie!” I gasped as I felt this fury ears along my erected member.

I mean ok we sorta sleep in the at night. Not that I have done anything. DON’T IMAGINE! I reached under the blanket to pull the fox out. He was making those little giggles that I thought was adorable but as soon as I dragged him out, he poofed back into his furry foxy form and dove under the covers again where he popped his head out in front of me. He blinked cutely hoping that action would make me forget that he was actually sitting on my bare bottom. I scrunched my nose and reached for his furry tail, pulling out from underneath and dunking him onto the carpeted floor.

The fox yapped at me, throttling after me after I decided to lug myself to the bathroom.

Well that’s pretty much how my morning went yet again.

 

School wasn’t what I looked forward to but Joongie and ChangMin made it much more bearable. So on one hand I had a nine tailed fox an on my other was a Vampire. Not bad huh? And as usual, the guys behind me would try to gain the attention of Joongie and I have to say, he really has a thing when it comes to ignoring them. He’d cling onto me through first period.

Lectures bored me to death and ChangMin occasionally zoned but he would snap back to reality when the lecturer shot some jargon his way, answering them perfectly like he hadn’t been stoning all this while. He grinned at me before taking his sit. I shook my head rolling myself. I could do that if I wanted, I just don’t want to. Yeah, excuses to make myself seem smart.

I fiddled with Jae’s fingers as he laced them along mine randomly, taking the opportunity to touch me.

Like I said, bearable.

“Mr Jung, if you please.” The lecturer’s voice boomed and I shot up and out of my seat.

“Yes sir!”

ChangMin snorted.

“Could you define the laws of quantum physics for me?”

I blinked. Wait I know this. I studied! I remember! I think I remember! HOLY! NO I DON’T! OH NO! “Uh…” Say something smart! “Quantum physics law states that everything decays.” Great you blew it.

ChangMin faced palmed.

The look on the lecturers face scared me even more. It wasn’t angry, it wasn’t surprised, it was just… Indifferent. He huffed and turned back to the white board.

“Whilst I appreciate such short and un-scientific methodology of your explanations Mr. Jung, Quantum physics isn’t as simple as ABC.”

Yikes.

“Smooth.” ChangMin commented.

“What, I’m not like you, I don’t multitask.” I grumbled under my breath.

Joongie giggled.

 

You don’t know him….

 

“What?” I turned to look at ChangMin who returned my gesture with a questioning stare.

“What do you mean what?”

“Didn’t you say something just now?” I asked confused.

“No, why would I?” The vampire questioned.

 

He’s not what you think he is…..

I frowned before turning to Min again who was merely stoning away staring into blank space and I swore I heard someone’s voice. I’m not mad.

“Excuse me.” I whispered to ChangMin, deciding that I needed a break from the lecture. Maybe my brain was working overtime.

Quickening my pace, I strode to the gents when all around me the sounds of people talking began to fade away, and the hall looked like it stretched out into a lengthy path with no end. Finding the door to the men’s was like finding a needle in a haystack. I creased my eyebrows and ran.

I’ll show you what he’s like… I’ll show you I’ll show you.

My head felt like it was throbbing as the scene in front of me began to morph and swirl into an array of weird colors. I felt blinded not knowing my bearings and needed something to hold onto. My skull continued to torture me before I could take it no longer and my legs gave way.

I’ll show…

“SHOW YOURSELF DEMON!” I commanded, barely managing to dig into my bag pockets for my make shift shikigamis.

Hehehehe…. No... Why?

I gritted my teeth before muttering some incantations into the paper doll which grew into a life size version of a dragon.  The 3 foot flying lizard roared to life encasing me in a cocoon of protective scales. Relief at last.

“Fire!” I commanded.

Immense burst of red and white shot out of the dragon’s mouth dousing the surrounding it is flames and there in the center of it, I spotted a figure, dressed in green. It tried to get away but I wasn’t going to give in so easily. Guided by my thoughts, the dragon sprang forward, jaws snap shut around the arm of the anonymous figure. With that my dragon returned, in its jaws a wiggling boy desperately trying to escape from the three ton bite of my dragon.

“Let- me go!” He whined still struggling like there was no tomorrow. “Let me go let me go let me go!”

“No.” I replied firmly asserting my Shaman prowess. “Not until you tell me who you are and what you are doing here.”

“Why should I?” He retorted with a challenging tone to his voice.

I smiled. “Because, if you don’t-“I pulled out another talisman from my pocket. “This is the you have to face.”

The look on his face told me he was on the verge of giving in, all he needed was a little bit more push. I reached for something from my back pocket as I remained eye contact with him. That was when he finally fell for the oldest trick in my grandma’s book ‘make them think you have something more potent and they’ll give up’ works like a charm all the time.

“Fine fine!” The squirming boy sputtered. “I’m- I’m a snake!” He squeaked as he poofed into a long and white serpent, still struggling in my dragon’s jaws. “Don’t hurt me, I just want to show you what that fox is like.”

I rose a brow. “I know what Joongie is like. Next.”

“I swear! You don’t know what he’s capable of, he-“

“I know what he’s capable of, now is that the only thing you wanna tell me before I send you back.” I asked impatiently.

“No! No! Don’t you wanna know what he was like before you met him?” The snake sapzzed in my shikigami’s hold.

“I-“

Joongie? Before I met him? I-

“No.” I muttered.

I bet the snake could read the change in my tone before phasing back into human form, still dangling helplessly from my dragon’s mouth. “I could show you, and then you’ll know what kind of monster he really is.”

“I-“

“Don’t you want to know? I bet you do.”

“N-no.” I mumbled under my breath.

A cunning smile broke out on his lips. “Don’t deny it; I know you’re curious, so curious you are dying to know it!”

I balled my fist. Why did he have to be so right and so wrong? Was I that curious to know about Jae’s existence before I came to know him as he is? Questions flooded my mind when a hand grabbed my shoulder out of nowhere before a furry tail wrapped around my face covering my eyes.

“Yunnie!” I heard faintly from the muffle of the fur.

“You’ve been con-ed.” I made out ChangMin’s voice in my ears.

“C-changMin, what are you doing here?!” I asked confused, still blind and partially deaf.

“Calm your mind, calm you soul, calm your heart, you’re just being tricked into believing something that isn’t real. His words can twist your thinking!”

ChangMin was right, all this while my heart was beating so fast I didn’t have time to even realize it. My mind was clouded with notions of wanting to know so badly it corrupted my judgment. I bet ChangMin felt me relax in his hold so he released his grip on me and whispered into my muffled ears.

“Now I’m gonna count from 3 and we’re going to be on the roof top of the school.”

I nodded.

“3… 2… 1.”

There was a sudden up draft of wind then nothing. Slowly my vision restored and right before me stood Joongie and the Vampire. My dragon was still wrapped around me like it was never gone, in its jaws the wiggling crafty snake. I creased my eyebrows.

“You’re spoiling everything!” The snake cried exasperatedly still trying to free his hand.

“I can’t believe I was about to be tr- eh?” I blinked when I realized the snake was missing from the dragon’s mouth, I turned around to see the boy in snake form in Jae’s hands and the gumiho was just shaking the snake like nobodies’ business.

“Joongie.”

“Stupid JiYonggie!” Joongie whined shaking the snake which was clearly dizzy from all the shaking.

“J-joongie!” I cried as the fox shook the serpent back and forth. I reached for it and pulled it away from Jae who was making hissing noises at the white dizzy snake.

“Ahhh—“ChangMin remembered.  “JiYong the White Serpent, famous for tricking people into doing his wishes and creating havoc among weak minded people.” He turned to me and grinned. “Weak minded Yunho.”

“YAH! Not funny.” I exclaimed. Huffing I turned to the snake still rather limp in my hand and knocked its head and it wiggled in my grip begging me to release it.

“Ahh-! It’s my fault! I’m sorry, let me go please! I promise I won’t do anything to you again. Please please please please!”

The fox snorted and plucked the snake from my hands hanging it upside down and glaring at it. The snake glared backed at him. “Stupid Hebe.’

“Stupid Gumiho.”

“Bleeh.”

“Bleeehh!”

“What!” Joongie cried strangling the snake again.

“J-Joongie!”

“Don’t mind them.” The Vampire sighed folding his arms. “They’ve been like that since the beginning of their existence.”

“Can’t you stop them?” I asked seeing ChangMin was just smug and standing around not bothering to lift a finger.

“Nah, they’ll get over it.”

“You bullied my Yunnie!” Joongie whined.

“You left without telling me!”

“You’re not my mother!”

“Stupid fox!”

“Yah!”

“@##$%^%@!*%@”

Well ok, you get it. Yes I watched them bicker for like a whole fifteen minutes without either one letting up. This is going to be a very long day. Sigh…

=====================================================================================================

 

I'M ALIVE!

I'm sorry I took a really really really long break from fanfics. I'm quite busy now cos I'm going to work soon but I'll still update!

No proofreads I don't feel like doing them =((

 

Comments Please!

 

Love,

DragonKnightYunJae

 

 

The little Creature book 101 :

White serpent - 白蛇のミョ人