The 'damsel' and the fox

Foxy

JaeJoong tugged on my sleeve with his teeth as he fidgeted in my arms. Clearly he wasn’t happy and I knew the reason why. I cooed, telling him it was nothing and heard him grunt and growl into my coat jacket. I chuckled at such adorable sounds that were coming from the fox in my bosom. I guess he wasn’t used to seeing another person, let alone another girl sliding her fingers up and down my shoulder, if that made him jealous.

“S’up human. “I randomly heard and almost dropped Joongie who yapped in response when I almost lost my grip. I turned to see ChangMin grinning from the top of a branch.

“You.” I replied.

ChangMin looked from his position back to me. “You’ve got a point.” He agreed landing on the spot beside me.

“Didn’t see you in class just now.” I pointed out cuddling Joongie. He made cute noises snuggling cozily against my cotton.

“Didn’t feel like going.” He shrugged.

I laughed it off while we continued our random, not so out of the blue chatter. I found out more about himself actually without asking too much. He believed he was the only one of his kind in Korea, and told me about his history with Joongie. Apparently they met when they Jae decided to ‘move’ to Seoul from DaeGu. I wondered how foxes move from one place to another though. He mentioned that JaeJoong rather kept to himself instead of mixing with the crowd which I also observed. ChangMin too wasn’t from around here either, well, that’s what he said. He said there was a much ‘juicier’ crowd here, and I didn’t want to know what that actually meant.

“So, what brings you to Seoul.” ChangMin asked for a change.

“Studies, not much, you know… the ush.”

“Typical human.” ChangMin snorted, earning a smack from me.

“I’m not typical. Humans don’t spend their time running around the forest being assassin ninjas.” I joked.

“You’re not a ninja. You can’t even walk quietly without waking the dead.” The Vampire replied in a laugh.

“Shut up.” I told him.

“What, I was just pointing out, you have two left feet.”

“If I had two left feet I would be walking in circles.” I retaliated.

“Twig.” He mumbled and I tripped over a branch on the forest floor.

“!” I cried.

JaeJoong yapped at me for my foul language and head butted me in the stomach. I jerked back and rubbed my tummy in the process. The vampire just stood there laughing his out at both of our interactions. Randomly, he reached over and pulled Jae out by his tail draping him upside down like a cloth. The fox yapped as he struggled in ChangMin’s finger clawing away trying to make him let go and put him down hissing.

“C-changMin, don’t do that!” I cried, trying to get JaeJoong back and when the latter finally decided to put Joongie down, the fox phased back into human form and pounced on him.

“Stupid MinMin!” He whined grabbing vampire and rolling on the floor. ChangMin grabbed Joongie’s tail and pull it making both of them tumble around. They looked like they were fighting but in fact they were just rough housing. I still wondered if I was the youngest here.

“Yah! Joongie hyung, don’t pull my—ah! My hair!” ChangMin exclaimed when Jae ledged his fingers on his scalp.

“You pulled my tail!” Joongie complained, both of them still rolling around on the forest floor. I literally face palmed.

“Guys…” I groaned.

No one paid attention to me so I rolled my eyes and marched over before grabbing Joongie by his fox ears. He whined in pain turning to me in a pout, ChangMin still clinging on to Jae.

 

-Three years ago-

Snow….

White flakes of pure beauty….

Red….

Contrasted under the slow glow of the night…

Yunho stretched out his hand to take in the cold frosting that felt abundantly from the sky. They melted as soon as they came into contact with his warm skin. He breathed out vapor, and leaned down to a sleeping fox on his lap. The gumiho lay fast asleep undisturbed from the world.

Red blood….

Asleep…

“Sleep. Everything will be over soon.” He whispered one hand Jae’s hair, the other grasping onto an open wound. His fingers felt cold, mixed with warm blood that trickled from the opening.

“It’s not over.” The gumiho mumbled, his breathing slow and long drawn with labor.

Sleep…

“You won’t die. I won’t let you.” Yunho leant forward nuzzling the gumiho on his head.

“I’m tired.”

Tired….

------------------------------

 

Opps, hey, you saw a flash back. It’s not as bad as it seems. I think… Anyhow, a lot changed since those three years ago. Maybe to you guys, both he and I have mystery shrouding around us but I vowed to keep it a secret from everyone.

 

I tossed in my bed, remembering the awful nightmare that I had and stared at the ceiling hoping it would go away. I thought I had forgotten it all but they seemed to come back to haunt me. Joongie was fast asleep beside me; his light breathing sounds were my lullaby. I smiled at his peaceful slumbering face and recollections of our past flooded my empty mind. I sighed and watched the beauty curl up against me rubbing his head against my chest.

“It was hard on you.” I mumbled as I heard him mutter something in his sleep. Half an hour later and I was snoring. I felt JaeJoong reach over to smack me on my . I giggled and hugged the fox more.

When my eyes fluttered open again, Joongie wasn’t beside me. Thinking that he could be in the under the bed, I hung myself of the side of the mattress to look underneath. No Joongie. I rose a brow and got out of bed.

“Joongie?” I called out ruffling my hair.

“Yunnie~” I heard a happy squeal from outside the window and snapped my head around to see the gumiho perched on my ledge.

“Where did you go while I was sleeping?”

“To find Min Min.” He grinned.

“Oh…” I laughed awkwardly. “Anyway, I have classes later on.”

With just that sentence, JaeJoong pouted as he crossed his arms in the most adorable manner. I mean there’s nothing cuter than a Joongie pouting. He stared at me for a second, million thoughts running through his foxy mind then he leaped off the ledge with a grin and clung on to me.

“I’ll go with you.” He suggested with a smirk.

“No you can’t.” I shook my head.

“Yes.”

“No.”

“Yes yes yes!” He repeated himself and spun me around before shoving me out of the room.

I groaned seeing there was no way to convince him to stay this time. Not after the ‘Go Ara’ incident. He seemed to be on the jealous side this time. I tapped my feet on the floor impatiently waiting for Jae to emerge from my room, doors close.

Five minutes later, JaeJoong crept the door open and smile the silliest smile I’d ever seen, making me cringe on the spot.

“Um…” I prompted. “I’m late for class.”

Immediately I regretted what I had said when JaeJoong finally decided to come out from behind the door. He was dressed in a drop neck ‘T’ shirt, apparently from my closet which was lying around gathering dust because I was too big sized to fit into it. It revealed the cleft of his chest and the rest of the bottom was well… Ripped leather pants and furry UGGs. My jaw literally fell to the floor. He’s hair was perfectly kempt and his ears and tail were gone and in place stood not a Gumhio but a hot flattering brunette. I tried to hold in my silent gasp but failed quiet miserably as he hopped over to me and grabbed my hand.

“Let’s go!” He beamed widely dragging me down the stairs.

To be honest I’d never seen such a happy Joongie in my whole existence of knowing him, other than that day three years ago… I…. Oh sorry, back to the story, I kinda drifted off there.

When we reached the steps of the University had to fight off the stares that were all shooting from all directions. Not at me but at the pretty head beside me, clinging on and leaning his chin on my shoulder.

“Joongie.” I whispered. “Act like we’re friends, not a thing.”

“But—“He pouted and let go. “Fine.”

I cleared my throat, held on to my books and walked into the campus like nothing had happened, with the Gumiho tailing me happily. I wondered what he was a thinking but I bet it had something to do with ‘keeping me away from Go Ara’. That was when it happened.

“Oppa!” I heard a high pitched squeal from far and cringed. JaeJoong hissed.

I tried to ignore her by not turning around but she caught up to me in a jiffy and in her high heels. Girls run fast when they see their prey. Can we get a wooph woopph!

“Hi.” I smiled mechanically.

“Good morning~” She sang before shooting a glance at JaeJoong who glared at her, and I felt the gumiho’s aura leaking out from him. I nudged him subtly.

“Uh, yeah, good morning.” I replied unconvincingly.

JaeJoong’s eyes darken as he continued to scrutinize her from top to toe, burning craters into her skull. I laughed awkwardly trying to disperse the thick black atmosphere around Jae before grabbing his hands, lugging him off while he continued to glare at her.

Finding a seat in the lecture theater, I nudge the gumiho in beside me and watched as the woman walking in leisurely waved at me smiling. My hair stood on end when the sound of scratching plastic entered my ears. I turned to see Jae’s claw on the bench, clawing marks down it but his face was a poker face with a smile on it. Scary.

The guy behind seemed to be interested in Joongie when he tapped the gumiho on his shoulder.

“Hi.” He smiled. Out to get my man you bastard.

JaeJoong didn’t even budge from his seat, ignoring the guy. I rolled my eyes and sat closer to him. Seemed he was attracting more attention than I already thought.

Another guy slid into the seat beside me before sighing. I turned to him only to realize that it was just the Vampire.

“I’ve seen jealousy come in different forms. So there’s a new one called JaeJoong.” He joked lowly.

“Shut up, I said he could come along.” I lied.

“You lie; he just doesn’t want you to be touched by Medusa. All who look at her in the eye turn to stone.” He teased me.

“ you ChangMin. I’m still blood and flesh, aren’t I?”

The Vampire chuckled before he reached over to pinch Joongie on his arm. The gumiho whined and pinched back behind me.

“Stop it guys, I’m not a barrier.” I pointed out.

“He started it first.” ChangMin shrugged.

“Who, me? You did.” Joongie retaliated.

“Ye-yeah, stop.” I shook my head as the lecturer walked in with a big stack of paper notes which indicated the start of a very VERY boring tutorial.

------------------------------

“Remind me never to come for this class.” ChangMin groaned as he stretched lazily taking his time to trail beside me as we walked down the corridor towards the entrance of the campus. We almost reached the steps when a guy ran up to me and tapped me on the shoulder in enthusiasm.

“Yunho ma man with the jam! Let’s open up a can of spam and fry it on a pan!”

I stood there downright giving him that ‘what the ’ face. “I’m sorry, what?”

ChangMin burst out laughing while Joongie just stood there speechless. What was I to say and do while this man here was just going his way with words that I thought sounded like alien language?

“S’up!” He smiled.

“Do I know you?” I asked.

“Oh! Oh no—but you don’t have to.” He grinned pulling out a card.

“What am I supposed to do?” I prompted as he handed the piece of paper to me.

“It’s Ara nonna’s request.”

Joongie hissed under his breath hearing that spiteful name.

ChangMin watched on as the exchange of dialogue continued with me and the ‘unknown guy’. Apparently he was trying to get me to join their ‘gang’- rich caviar and escargot. I tried to turn it down but he seemed determined to take me into their fold of gold. Sorry dude I ain’t buying it. I heard the Vampire snort as he listened to our conversation.

“You got a problem smart ?” The boy turned to ChangMin grabbing his collar.

“Hey!” I shouted.

JaeJoong balled his fist.

“What if I said yes?” ChangMin shrugged as he smirked.

“Asking for it!” The boy growled jerking ChangMin forward.

“I suggest you let go of my coat before I do something to your face.”

“C-changMin.” I hissed.

“Like what?” The boy retaliated sounding rather intimidating.

The Vampire just laughed as he looked down literally at the smaller guy holding his collar. His eyes glowed blue for split second and the boy let go immediately. He backed away as though something had dragged him backwards. His legs seemed to tremble as he turned around immediately to pick up his back before scurrying up the steps back into the campus.

“What did you just do?” I rubbed my temples.

“Nothing.” He replied, innocence utterly in his tone.

“MinMin is the best!” Joongie called out from behind my shoulder.

“Don’t call me that hyung! It’s embarrassing!” ChangMin whined.

 

Yeah, as you can see, my days are never normal. Well so much for telling my side of the story, now it’s Joongie’s turn to do it.

===============================================================================================

 

Hi hi there! SOrry for the long wait! I ran out of inspirations and this chapter took me two days to do it. You see, my brain runs faster than my fingers. Ok my fingers run fast too, but my brain is a marathon pro.When I've typed 50 words, my brain has ran 50 rounds around the track. Opps. ahahhahaha~~ Figuratively speaking that is.

Anyhow, hope you enjoy this chapter. It's jealously wrapped in a bundle called JaeJoong ROFL.

 

Comments please!

Love DragonKnightYunJae