Heros are made not born (Grand Finale)

Foxy

Strong harsh winds blew from the north to Seoul University and I knew the battle of wits, or more of strength was to begin. I hated the feeling that my Joongie was being kidnapped for the matter. ChangMin and I sped there on foot seeing transport wouldn’t help.

I hadn’t known what ChangMin meant by ‘awakening’ the Gumiho but I knew it wasn’t something I wanted to stick around to see, but by the time we got there, it wasn’t a pretty sight to behold.

The University which once stood on its supports was now 2 feet in the air, gravitating off the ground like there was nothing supporting it. For a big solid structure it looked frail off a sudden like it was going to fall apart any moment. That’s when I realized there were students inside. To my horror I saw their faces, distorted into a hysterical frenzied expression of fear and shock. They were trapped in the mega structure.

“Awww so sweet, you came for him.” Came a smug voice from above.

Snapping my head up, I saw the Tengu, dressed down in black. Beside him was a long haired woman, probably in cahoots with him. She grinned and hissed with her forked tongue before she dragged the Fox out from behind right before my very eyes. I jerked in my position, but ChangMin steadied me with his palm.

“Give me back my Fox!” I growled.

“Oh we will.” He grinned and laughed. “Right after we destroy Seoul~”

“You-!” I spat, and ChangMin stopped me yet again. I turned to him in an irritated glare but he merely returned me an indifferent one.

“Would you like to see your end?” The Crow demon asked, pulling the rim of Jae’s garment. He’s index finger touched a certain spot on the Gumiho’s chest and I watched as Joongie’s eyes fluttered open. Weakly, he’s eyes rolled to my direction and I watched him mutter something which I couldn’t make out but ChangMin froze on the spot.

“What???” I asked, curiosity taking over.

“Over my dead body.” ChangMin hissed. I knew JaeJoong said something but my attention was again directed to the snake lady as she blew green mist into Joongie’s face. Remind me to smack her after this is over.

The strong gust of winds escalated into a churning typhoon catching my poor fox up into the vortex before red specks of dust engulfed the whole whirling pool of wind and out of it came nine burning tails, each of them waving wildly about.

“Behold! The end of all things mortal!” The tengu announced.

Even before I could do anything, the typhoon had disappeared and in its place, a giant nine tailed creature I’d never seen before in my entire shaman life. I swallowed, feeling my pulse race.  The translucent beast roared. Deafening, shattering the window panels of the University and blowing tress. It was then I realized, that wasn’t my Fox but a manifestation of Joongie’s former self. That was just another shell, a really tangible one and Joongie was trapped in the middle of it, arms out stretched like he was hung by his wrist and unconscious.

The creature roared again shot its first fiery tail in my direction but ChangMin pulled me out of the way. The impact of the tail dug into the ground meters deep, throwing about the debris and uprooting a nearby tree. I coughed as the dust chocked my windpipe.

“I need to do something!” I cried, scrambling to my feet. ChangMin grabbed my arm and shook his head.

“It’s not wise to charge into a fight without a strategy.” He said calmly which was so strange of him.

“What strategy are we going to use now?!” I hollered at him. “It’s not like we have more than now to figure it out?! Mind as well charge in!”

ChangMin creased his brow.” Listen to yourself, you’re not making sense!”

“What sense is there?! Nothing makes sense now!” I yelled.

“Yunho!”

“What!”

“If I told you that Joongie was going to be alright would you listen?” He asked, his voice deeping into a serious tone.

“Joongie what-?” I questioned, still not really believing what the vampire told me. Not when Joongie was up there, unconscious, being the heart of a destructive beast.

“Trust me.” Came the assuring word.

I balled my fist as my knuckled sunk into the soft pliable soil. I hope what he knew what he was doing and what I was about to do. I guess it was time to be a hero.

 

 

Time to save the world….. Again.

 

 

Plucking up my courage and my talismans I strode out like a confident son of a , with ChangMin on my left flank and nothing but my trusty Golden Talisman dragon on my right. I think if you’d film our moment it’d just look like a superhero movie where the heroes are all swag and no flaw. Thought aside, I launched my first attack on the winged demon.

My dragon roared into action slamming its horned head into the Tengu, who managed to block it with his arms. However he came short as my dragon snagged his leg with its’ tail, flinging him into the trees. The impact broke the trees that were in line with the first few ending with a bang.

On the other hand, ChangMin had his hand full; literally, with the snake lady’s hair. He tried to untangle them around his arms but they kept coming back like annoying weed. Yanking them finally he did a tornado turn, throwing her into the wall of the building behind her, but she came back at him again like nothing had happened and ChangMin swore aloud.

All this while I had the upper hand to my enemy but he didn’t seem to be showing signs of slowing down as he dove at me. I didn’t anticipate his knee as it came into contact with my chin causing me to tumble backwards, with a bleeding lip. I winced at the pain that show up my jaw but I held my ground and threw whatever shikigamis I had at him. My phoenix, deer, lantern fish, tiger seemed to be inexhaustible to me until I came down to my last talisman. I cursed under my breath and retreated backwards as ChangMin had instructed- buy time.

 

 

ChangMin back there was already halfway up to greet the nine tailed ‘beast’. The snake lady, well I wouldn’t call her snake anymore. Minnie gave her a haircut and a makeover. More like make over with bruises and a deep bite mark on the side on her neck. I cringed at how strong ChangMin was, remembering that he and Joongie went way back.

The hollow beast roared in ChangMin’s direction sending it’s ‘I wouldn’t call paw’ at the Vampire who dodged it with ease before running up the side of its arm.  I made myself leap onto the side of the building latching myself on the window seal before continuing my series of repeated movements till I reached the top.

Another paw landed on the roof and I dodged it, my back hitting against the ledge of the roof. My goal was in the centre of the huge beast and nothing was going to stop me from achieving it. Thanks to our speed and the creature’s slow movements, we managed to land ourselves on the shoulder of the thing.

ChangMin was about to deliver a punch to the side of its skull when the winged demon slammed into him and both of them tumbled in air, grabbing and smashing things. I gasped when a flaming tail wrapped round my waist, scaring a line across.

“AAARRGGHHH!!!” I screamed in pain trashing around. My mind desperately called out for my dragon which shot right into the fiery tail, cutting it in half. It had me plummeting to the ground before I was caught up, disorientated and whirting in pain. Beady sweat rolled down my forehead as I struggled to reach for my last talisman.

 

“I will not let you interrupt my plan of total annihilation!” The tengu growled angrily, throwing fury swipes at ChangMin who shielded them with his own claws.

“Not gonna happen!” ChangMin retorted, grabbing the tengu by his collar and flinging him into the side of the hollow fox which broke a hole sending him crashing below. Quickly, he scooted over to my side as he watched me chew out my pain.

“Joongie-“I panted. “Save Joongie.”

ChangMin peered at me, worried before placing his palms on my wound. I let out a cry of pain as my wound fizzled, however as soon as he lifted them, the pain disappeared as though it was never there.  I breathed heavily, peering down at my own waist. The wound was gone, in its place, new skin.

“Cha-“

“You’re welcome.” He grinned. “Can you get up?”

I nodded, grabbing his outstretched hand and getting to my feet.

“I’ll live.” I mumbled.

“We’ve got company. Again.” ChangMin commented spotting the enraged tengu speeding in his direction. “You handle Mr Crow here and I’ll handle your boyfriend.” He said, blandly.

“B-boyfriend?!” I asked confused at the sudden term.

“Just go!” ChangMin commanded.

With a huff, I drew out my long sword which I had actually forgotten during our fight and stood my ground whilst I watched the tengu charge at me head long.

ChangMin was already busy distracting the fiery giant leaving me to fend for myself. Not that I was complaining.

“You ruin our plan!” He cried, delirious. “I’ll kill you for it!”

“You’re crazy!” I scolded, swinging my blade at him only for him to dodge. I changed hand and swung my sword upwards slicing his wing off. Strike one. He hissed in pain.

“Kill!” He repeated himself obviously being hysterically mad at his failure to control the beast.

“I won’t let you!” I retaliated with a back hand swing, slashing his arm. The tengu’s arm fell limp as I severed his nerve and he leaped backwards heaving. I already had the upper advantage with both arms.

That’s when ChangMin crashed into the ground beside me jolting my attention to him.

“Minnie!” I cried, but I couldn’t do much as I had my hands full. I heard another deafening roar and all of us looked up onto find the hollow fire fox descend onto the ground it’s flames burning up everything around its vicinity.

“Ha-Haha-HAHAHAHAHAAH!!” I heard the crazy laughed of the tengu behind me believing that he had gotten his victory and his wish. “I win! I win!!” He cried raising his able arm.

I glared at him and turned around only to watch the flaming beast charge at us. It roared, as it blazed a trail through its path. I stood my ground beside ChangMin, holding up for support. The tengu behind me started to splutter.

“W-WAIT!” NO! YOU’RE NOT SUPPOSED TO TURN ON ME!”

I gritted my teeth as it charged for us at top speed. The Vampire was still out cold and he wasn’t exactly the easiest person to move as I tugged at him insistently.  We were all going to die.

Not on my watch.

I squeezed my eyes shut only to open them again. Letting go of ChangMIn, I stood up and boldly took a step forward. If I was going to be a hero, mind as well be one till the end right? I watched as the giant fox got closer. I stuck out my hand and shut my eyes….

 

“Paw.” I commanded.

There was a deafening silence and then the heat I felt infront of me seemed to dissipate. If I dared to open my eyes, I would expect to see something I expected. That’s when I felt a furry paw on my palm.

My eyes shot open.

Before my eyes, was a golden fox, its fur the color of the sun, shimmering like light had bounced off it, ebony eyes and my height, its paw in my hand. It barked.

 

 

----------------------------------------

 

“N-NO!” Let me go!” The defeated tengu wiggled as ChangMin tied him up, tightly I might add.

“Shut up and sit still.” He commanded smacking the demon across his head making him cringe in pain.

“Easy on our prisoner of war.” I joked.

“Prisoner my foot, more like chicken and food.” He commented baring his teeth. The tengu spluttered even more trying to break free from his confines. “DON’T EAT ME!” He screamed.

I facepalmed pulling out the residual of my talismans I got from the fight and smacked it on his forehead.

“Actually, ChangMin has a point. You do look like a chicken.” I laughed. As if on cue the talisman exploded and the crow demon became…. You guessed it, a chicken. I think I laughed so hard I had to go to a corner to hold my stomach from the fist.

The Joongie who was quietly sitting in a corner noticed the chicken running about and leaped into action, chasing it around like it was last weeks’ dinner yapping at the flightless bird.

As I watched him play-chasing, I smiled, realizing that I nearly lost someone I knew was very important in my life. No doubt he wasn’t all exactly human but he meant more than life to me I guess? Joongie noticed me staring and charged at me all furry and cute before leaping into my arm in human for, limbs all over me, musing into my hair. ChangMin gagged in unison but he was happy, because his friend was happy.

The voice I so longed to hear. “Yunniee~~~”

 

 

My name is Jung Yunho, and this, is my story.

 

       ~ The End~

======================================================================================================

HIHIHI!!!

First of all....

I am SO SO SO SO SO SO X 1MILLION sorry that I left ya'll dangling for so darn long.  You see recently I found a job, ok no A job found me and yeah I've been busy every since. Work is a er when It comes to writing fics. Trust me.

Anyway, thanks for sticking by me for this fic!~ I'll move on to my next one (Hopefully) soon.

I might post the link to my new fic here or my AFF Blog, most likely so do stop back once in a while to check up?

My new fic would be a diversion from all the romance and fluff and happy endings after this. It' more of a supernatural, angsty, horror-ish, tish kinda fic I don't know yet but lets see how it developes k?

I talk to much

 

Lastly,

Please do leave your comments below because it's really important to me and I DO value every reader's comments and feed back.

Also feel free to drop me a message on my wall or twitter @SeraLoveYunJae if you have any request. (I dont know if I can fufill them but I could try my best? Don't be shy I don't bite.)

 

 

Love,

DragonKnightYunJae