Seohyun's choice [2/2]

Finding my way to you (Song Fic)

Seohyun's POV

As I opened my eyes I flinched ever so slightly because of the stunningly bright overhead lights. White coloured the room's four walls and a faint beeping sound resonated throughout the room. "Where am I ?" I thought out loud. "Oh Ms Seo, your awake, and your in the hospital, you've just finish surgery. " the doctor answered me. "why am I in the hospital?" I thought trying to recall what had happened prior to my stay here but nothing came to my mind. The doctor walked over to me to check my vitals and then proceeded to walk out the ward. 

A minute later, my unnies came rushing in and kept fussing over me, making sure that I was in no pain. I kept reassuring them that I was okay and that there was no need to worry, I'll take care of myself well. They still kept fussing until Manager Oppa called and told them to go back to and rest, because they had schedules tomorrow, that they decided to leave. Sunny unnie laid down some of my self-improvement books down on the side table, before giving me one last concern look before going out of the ward following the rest of my unnies. I heard her speaking to someone outside the ward but I chose to ignore it as i picked up one  of my books to read.

The door suddenly creaked opened as a man, around my age, came into the room. He looked at me with a pair of familiar eyes that reflected concern in them and asked me "are you okay, hyun?" softly with a hauntingly familiar voice, that made my hear clench a little. " who are you?" i asked blinking my eyes a little as i felt the sensation, but the question that lingered in my mind was, why did you voice make my heart clench in a bittersweet way? "Hyun come on, stop playing is yong seobang" he said with distress etched in his eyes. He tried to laugh but the sound came out a little off. " Seriously how could you be my husband when I don't know you?" I replied a little more strongly then thought it would. Realisation flickered across his features as he started to explain to me that we were on we got married and we were paired up together and that we were like best friends and what we went through together. He excused himself for a while to clarify some things with the doctor.

While he was gone I started to ponder about what he had said to me. Something about his explanation felt so concrete but yet so transparent at the same time. Who was he and why did I forget him and only him? Why can't I remember anything about why I was here? He came back to the room with sadness evident on his face. My heart felt another little clench, but this time it was hurting a little. He told me that i didn't need to remember him right away, but he'll always be by my side. This made my insides warm and fuzzy. I nodded slowly and said “Yong-ssi, please don’t be sad, i would want to get to know you again” softly.

He turned to look at me while a small smile appeared on his face, that didn't reach all the way to his eyes, and whispered “It’s okay, i’m not sad.” I laid back down on my bed feeling the fatigue catching up, I said “Yong-ssi, i’m exhausted, i’m going to rest now. "Please go home and rest before coming back tomorrow.” I said softly, even though I really did not want to be left alone, but he looked so weary. “ I’m not leaving you here alone.” when he said that my insides began to feel all warm and fuzzy again. He started humming a soft lullaby, it was so soothing that it lulled me to sleep in a matter of minutes. The last thought I remembered thinking was "I want to remember you..." 

A/N: Sorry this was so so late, i know you guys really don't wanna hear any more excuses but i got a huge writer's block and i couldn't produce anything up to par with what i was doing so i figured you guys rather have quality rather than quantity so hear is the second part. I'm so so sorry, please don't kill me :(