Showdown with Kris Wu

Chef Shenanigans
✻ chapter nine
Showdown with Kris Wu
 
A week passed by since Kyungsoo joined the Douze Bistro crew. Even in the small amount of time he's been there, Kyungsoo feels a deep connection with everyone already. Almost everyone. Everyone except Kris. It's still a well known fact that he hates how his first interaction with Kris was a rather unpleasant one (bless Joonmyeon for saving him just in time), but Kyungsoo is a determined boy to make sure he's on good terms with his boss. Even if that one little mishap slipped from Kris' mind and he's actually glad that he has a chef like Kyungsoo in his kitchen, Kyungsoo feels like he needs to show that he's worthy of this job.
 
"Oh , he's actually wearing it," Luhan coughed as he entered the kitchen Monday morning. Behind Luhan trailed Baekhyun who almost choked on his bottle of water at the sight.
 
"Wait wait what's going on her- holy ," Jongdae gasped as he was in utter shock at what was happening in the kitchen.
 
A very giddy Kyungsoo walks by the others entering. "Oh, wow, you all are here early.."
 
"Well, I usually come early on Mondays for our weekly seafood delievery," Luhan said as if he were defending himself. "Baek usually comes along as well," he pointed to Baekhyun as the younger one gives a small wave.
 
"I'm here because Beijing boy over here thought I couldn't make it this early on a Monday. And here I am now," Jongdae gloated as he stuck his tongue out at Luhan.
 
"Are you guys going to keep chit-chatting or are we going to make some food?" That's when they all remembered why they were all surprised in the first place. Seeing Kris, their boss, in their kitchen using their untensils making their food.
 
Of course, this was no surprise to Kyungsoo because he was the one who helped Kris put on his uniform in the first place. Kris called Kyungsoo to tell him to arrive in the kitchen at 7am sharply. Arriving at 6:50am, Kyungsoo was hoping that he wasn't going to get fired for any mishap that could have possibly slipped his mind. As soon as he went inside though, he saw Kris' legs sticking out from the uniform closet. As soon as Kris heard Kyungsoo setting his bag and jacket in the employee closet, he sprang over.
 
Reminded that Joonmyeon had a week off, compared to the few days that Kris had originally promised, Kyungsoo could feel his death approaching. However, he was surprised to hear that Kris had never cooked a meal in his life. Being a head of a successful restaurant, he would have at least figured he knew how to make scrambled eggs. That hypothesis was quickly shut down at the sight of Kris burning the eggs and almost ruining their best iron frying pan. Kyungsoo finally understood that Kris wanted a few cooking lessons from him before the other chefs arrive so he wouldn't get embarassed. As soon as Cooking 101 started, Kris took this opportunity to get to know Kyungsoo better. To his surprise, Kris seemed nicer and friendlier than his cold and harsh outward appearence. It was like how he got to know Tao, except with less stuffed animals, of course. That was when Kris admitted that even though Kyungsoo's only been here for a week, he was already one of his favorite employees.

 

 

✧✧♚✧✧

 

 

While Luhan was out getting the seafood delieveries and Baekhyun was helping Kyungsoo with plating and such, Jongdae took this opportunity to 'assist' Kris with his 'cooking.' And Jongdae would be lying if he said he'd actually 'assist' Kris. "Sooooo, what are you making?" the younger one asks his boss as he peaks over Kris' shoulder. 
 
"Just a batch of french toast. Why do you want a piece?"
 
"No no, not at all. I'm just surprised that you can actually cook is all," Jongdae snickered.
 
A small smile crept up on Kris' face. "Well, I'm not that great at it, but I do have a few things up my sleeve." 
 
As soon as he said that, two piles of boxes come walking in. From the smell of it, it seemed that these were the seafood delievery boxes. "Okay, so where should I put this, Luhan?"
 
"Just put it in the far back of the fridge, Chanyeol," Luhan replied. Chanyeol? Jongdae could have sworn that Chanyeol hasn't even checked in yet. Did he just get here? Did Luhan call him over? The curious little Jongdae quietly left Kris to his 'cooking' as he rushed over to the fridge. "Oh, and don't forget that the shrimp should be cleaned out before you refridgerate them!" Luhan shouted as he headed out for more boxes. Jongdae hid behind the fridge's stainless steel doors, that were the perfect demensions to hide his small frame, as Chanyeol came out with a load of shrimp. He set the shrimp at his station as he began to run the water. Jongdae figured that he should let the big friendly giant at his work, because you never should mess with mood maker of the group. Instead, he decided that this would be a great time to pester Luhan just as Luhan did to him at 3am a few days ago. 
 

 

✧✧♚✧✧

 

 

" WE'RE SO ING LATE!" Jongin screamed as he realized what time it was on his alarm clock. He quickly got out of bed and grabbed the nearest sweatshirt and pants he could find. He smelled it and figured that it was oay to wear for the third time. Running out of his room, he finds Sehun fully dressed on the couch sleeping. "Rise and shine, princess," Jongin said pushing Sehun off the couch. "We're an hour late for work!"
 
Sehun, who was still dazed, looked up and rubbed his eyes. "So? We're always late for work. What difference does it make today?"
 
"Today is the first day that Joonmyeon's week off begins!" Jongin replies as he rushes to the closet to locate his shoes. "Remember that Kris said that he wasn't coming to work and instead--"
 
"KRIS IS WATCHING OVER US INSTEAD!" Sehun interrupted as he quickly got up from the floor and headed out to knock on Chanyeol's door across the hall. A loud 'dammit' was heard in the hallway as Sehun came back into their apartment. "Chanyeol left a note saying that he tried to wake us up at 8am, but we didn't open the door so he left."
 
"ARE YOU TELLING ME WE HAVE TO WALK TO THE RESTAURANT NOW?" Jongin yells in frustration.
 
Sehun yells out in frustration as well. "Dammit, why don't we have our licenses?"
 
"Wait wait!" Jongin says as a lightbulb sparks in his mind. "Is Minseok working today? We could get a ride from him!"
 
"Okay, you go call him and I'll head upstairs to see if he's there!" They high-fived as Sehun headed out the door once again and Jongin strided to his room looking for his phone. 

 

✧✧♚✧✧

 

 

"Minseok! I thought you said that you weren't working here this week," Kris said as he began to stir another batter of eggs and milk. Kris was still making french toast because he saw that they kept 'disappearing' while he was making them. Little did he know that Kyungsoo was serving them to the hungry customers that everyone in the kitchen seemed to forget about. 
 
"The boss changed our schedules last minute, so I'm working here the rest of the week. And I thought you said you couldn't cook," Minseok chuckled as he approached Kris and his breakfast creations. "Where's Joonmyeon?"
 
"Oh, he has the week off while I supervise the kitchen." Kris smiled as he began to butter the skillet. 
 
"But.. you never let anyone have a day off," Minseok added as he watched the bread fall into the batter. "Yi Wufan, what are you planning?" Being the eldest out of all the staff, Minseok used full names when he meant business. He even did this with his boss, since he was still older than Kris.
 
"Alright, look," Kris said as he placed his finished product on a serving plate, "I wanted to see how well Kyungsoo worked in the kitchen with others. Not because I'm worried about him, it's just that my boss said that our budget is low and we may need to 'cut' off a few things."
 
"Are you saying.. you might have to lay off Kyungsoo?" Minseok whispered.
 
"Actually, I might have to lay off someone in general," Kris whispered back. "I really don't want to, but my boss said that it's either one chef or me along with the entire restaurant. And as much as I like you all, I've done too much to keep this business striving."
 
"No, I understand what you're doing it's just that--" Minseok paused as his phone vibrated. He excused himself from Kris to answer the phone. Kris took this time to continue with his french toast. He saw Kyungsoo at the station gathering his toast, drizzling it with syrup, and bringing it outside to the dining room. Seeing that smile on Kyungsoo's face with the sheer enjoyment of his occupation made it really hard for Kris to imagine what his expression would be like if he were to get fired.
 
"Hyung! Hyung! Are you at home?"
 
"Jongin? Um.. no, I'm at work already."
 
"Awwwww ttttt! Well, Sehun and I just woke up and we were wondering if you could give us a ride..."
 
"I could still pick you two up. Wouldn't want you to get caught in the middle of the thunderstorm."
 
"Hyung, are you serious? Oh gosh, please do. We'll be enternally grateful."
 
"Yeah, yeah. 'I saved your life' I'm well aware of that. Just be ready. I'll be over in ten minutes."
 
"Okay! I'll just get Sehun to stop knocking on your door!"
 
"J-Jongin you know how fragile my door is! I just got that fixed from the last time you two-- Hello? Hello??"
 
Minseok hung up the phone in frustration. "Damn maknaes.."
 
▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬
▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬
✻ author's note
SSCREAMSSS AHHHH I'M BACK. And look added drama!! AwoooOOOooooo.
I figured we neede SOMETHING to tie the story together and wabam!
Okay, wow I updated a few days ago and I wasn't aware of this?
I'm getting better at updating! Yay! And thanks for sticking with me you guys! <3
Comments, feedback, and all that jazz is still appreciated! c: