Dishes and Riches

Chef Shenanigans
✻ chapter ten
Dishes and Riches
 

Now, Joonmyeon hasn't had a day off since.. forever. Even if Kris is his childhood best friend, he's never had the day off. He didn't really mind though, in fact, he was like that annoying little kid in primary schools who would raise their hand to answer every question the teacher asks everyone. He's had these great habits of perfect attendance, full participation, and one hundred percent effort ever since then as well. Which means these habits won't die out, not even on his days off.

It was a typical Monday morning in Joonmyeon's house. Waking up at 6am, getting out of bed, greeting all of your butlers a cheerful good morning. Passing by the library to say hello to Mr. Jung who's organizing it, the kitchen to the maids who were preparing breakfast, the third —yes, third— greenhouse that sheltered all the vegetables that were used for his meals, Joonmyeon made his way to the to the pool area for his morning swim. Yes, a typical day in the house of Kim Joonmyeon.

The other chefs are still unaware of how large and extravagant his house is, and Joonmyeon plans to keep it that way. It's not that he fears they might take advantage of his wealth —which they might, knowing them— it's just the fear of them changing their opinions of him. He has the highest position in the kitchen but probably has the least amount of respect, which is fine to him, really. Every time he pulls a "past self" on the others, they'll get their asses back to work, and he knows that. As much as Joonmyeon wants the boys to treat him like he should, he just doesn't want to repeat the past where everyone felt obligated to respect him. It makes no sense, but there are many things about Joonmyeon that don't make sense. There are many other things that the chefs don't know about him as well. 

For example, Joonmyeon's the son of Mr. Kim Sooman, also known as Kris Wu's boss.

 

 

✧✧♚✧✧

 

 

"Minseok, is that really necessary?" Kris groaned.

"Hey, I've helped out your relatives out and you said you'd 'owe me one.' I think now is a great time to live up to that promise."

"Okay, you know I just say that because I knew you wouldn't help me without saying that-- Ow ow ow!" Kris complained as his hyung pinched his ear.

"Kris, you are going to let my sister have a part time job here whether you like it or not!" Minseok uttered out one word at a time like an angry Asian father would bash a child who received a 'B+' on a report card.

"Fine fine!" Kris surrendered and got out of Minseok's grasp. "But she's got to work as a dish washer."

"Oh, that's fine. She doesn't have a culinary degree anyway. She doesn't know the difference between her cremes and creams," Minseok laughs. Kris joins in the laughter as he forces himself to since he doesn't even know what Minseok is talking about. "By the way, when can she start?"

"As soon as possible, I suppose," Kris replied walking over to the sink to wash his hands.

"Great!" Minseok explaimed as he bursted through the double doors. "HEY, GET YOUR UP AND START WORKING!" Minseok yelled.

Well, , Kris thought. This was sooner than he expected. A whiny voice bursted through the doors and everyone in the kitchen turned their attention towards the door and had gaping mouths.

"Everyone, this is my dongsaeng, Sohee," Minseok introduced as he put his arm around his sister.

"Holy ," is what came out of everyone's mouth. She looked exactly like Minseok. But she had this certain appeal to her that Minseok didn't have. Probably because she wasn't wearing a chef's uniform and she had curves as beautiful as curves on a test. 

Jongdae scooted towards Kris. "Did you say that he was allowed to let her work here?" Kris nodded as they all still had their attention on Sohee who was getting dish washing instructions from her brother. "This is probably the best decision you've ever made."

Sehun and Jongin came out from the employee closet cleaning it out as their 'punishment' from Kris for being late and discovered what all the ruckus was. "Damn, girl," they both muttered.

Minseok patted his little sister on the back as he left her to her new occupation. He passed by Kris and Jongdae. "Oh, one more thing, Kris." He grabbed his shoulder and brought him down to whisper in his ear. "If anyone dare flirts with my sister, I don't care whether it costs my my job or my time in jail, I will kill them." He smiled at his boss and happily walked over to his station.

Jongdae just so happened to hear everything that was whispered and a sly grin was slapped on his face. "Hey, Kris.. How much d'you wanna bet on who can score a date with Sohee first?"

Kris looked at the mischevious employee next to him. "You've got to be kidding me.."

"My money's on Luhan."

"Are we really going to do this?"

"Maybe Chanyeol can win her heart. You know how he can make people laugh so easily. Girls love that."

"Actually," Kris joined in. "Yixing is a great musician. He could possibly win her heart with his guitar."

"Baekhyun's pretty good at singing, to be honest. Maybe--"

"Okay, I'm putting in 50,000 won for Kyungsoo," Kris quickly said as strided away from Jongdae. Surprised at the fact that Kris would pick Kyungsoo, the fresh meat, Jongdae accepted the amount. Of course, Jongdae added the same amount, making the winning prize 100,000 won. Jongdae had the advantage however because he knew how the young, hormornal maknae's would fight to win the heart of a girl.

What Jongdae didn't know is how great Kyungsoo is with women. During the little estrogen fiesta that occured not too long ago, someone was needed to fill in as another waiter on duty. Seeing that Kyungsoo was still new to the kitchen, he was chosen to experience the life of an employee outside the kitchen. Then again, he was the closet one to the double doors when Joonmyeon was in desparate need of someone to help out.

But Kyungsoo knew how to talk to the ladies. He had a certain charm, that they couldn't resist. Was it his charming smile? That cute little laugh? The fact that he didn't just talk about how y they looked like the other chefs would? Perhaps it was a combination of the three, but Kris knew that it's highly likely that Kyungsoo could win Sohee's heart. He was sure he could win this bet, even if it means risking his life due to Minseok.

▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬
▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬
✻ author's note
hi hi! short chapter but, this was really meant to be a short chapter to introduce much more to come. upupupu.
at least there's an update, ne? comment, upvote, subscribe, all that good stuff if you'd like <3