Chapter 7

The Tale of a Drowning Bunny

‘I have to do it. I need to do it.’ Woohyun was having a battle with himself. He wanted to do the part time job but he was afraid of Sunggyu’s wrath. ‘Sunggyu hyung will never know if I didn’t tell him. In fact, he never comes to this ice-cream parlour because he don’t like ice-cream. Good job Woohyun for being a genius.’ He patted himself on the chest; feeling proud for coming to a conclusion.

He slowly walked to the shop while texting Myungsoo to cover for him if Sunggyu ever asked anything about him. He trusted Myungsoo with his secret after made the latter swore to him not to spill anything even if his life was at stake (plus pinky promise with a little puppy eyes on top). The job took only 6 hours so he drop by after school and went home at 8. He often came home to be greeted by only Myungsoo but tonight he saw Sunggyu’s car so he became slightly nervous. Ottokae??

Woohyun unlocked the door and two head turned to him. He smiled sheepishly and walked to the stairs. He glanced at Sunggyu only to see the said man’s small eyes stared menacingly at him.

“Where were you, Woohyun? I believe the school ends at 2 today and by right you should be at home by 4 at most so spills.” Sunggyu’s voice was so calm that it made his heart beats even faster.

“Err… I… Myung…” with the mentioned of his name Myungsoo turned to Woohyun and made an ‘X’ from behind Sunggyu while shooking his head.

“Actually I was from my… my friend’s house. Yes, my friend’s house. He asked me to help him with our homework… hehehe” he rubbed his neck nervously. Hoping for Sunggyu to believe his excuse.

“……”

“Hyung don’t believe me?” he asked in a slightly trembling voice and pout for a better effect. It worked every time with Dongwoo, now he was going to do the same with Sunggyu. Judging from previous event with the cake, he believed it does.

“Don’t act all cutesy with me Woohyun. Your aegyo doesn’t work on me.” Sunggyu sharpen his point by keeping his monotone voice but his eye turned away from the cute pout of Woohyun.  Woohyun pouted deeper.

“Know what Hyun, save it. Sunggyu hyung won’t believe you. He’s too cold-hearted to believe you.” Myungsoo interrupted them. He knew exactly how to help Woohyun.

“Re-really? Ottokae?” Woohyun eyes started to water. Sunggyu hissed at Myungsoo. Somewhat loathing at his brother.

“Should I quit school then and stay at home? B-but I wanna go to school” he sobbeb. Myungsoo nodded.

“Maybe.” Bad bad Sunggyu hyung. He doesn’t even believe me and he want me to quit school. I did lie but I don’t want to be stupid. Hwaaaaaaa~

“Yah, Kim Myungsoo! When did I say that? Haish… fine! I believe you. Now go take a bath.” Sunggyu stormed out of the room and head to the kitchen. Muttering profanities to himself. Myungsoo smirked in victory. He turned to Woohyun to him nowhere in sight. He just shrugged off and continued watching TV.

 

Woohyun was about to grab his towel when his phone rang. He run to the bed and search for his mobile phone, a present from Dongwoo. He saw the caller and smile creep on his face. Dongwoo.

“Hyuuuuuunnnngggggggggg……………” he shrieked.

“Haha… hello to you too baby. What are you doing?” Dongwoo laughed at his cute dongsaeng.

“I’m just going to take a bath. Hyuuuuunggggg I missssss youuuuuu~~~” he pouted.

“Aigoo I miss you too Hyunnie that’s why I call you. Just wanna tell you tomorrow I’m going to pick you up from school ‘cause we’re going somewhere.”

“Eh, where where where? Hyung tell meeeeee….” He jumped around. Feeling excited with Dongwoo’s news.

“It’s a secret saengie but you’ll like it. Very much!” Pout was back on his face. Somehow not liking the idea of Dongwoo keeping a secret from him.

“Hmphh hyung meanie. I don’t like hyung tonight.” He sulked.

“Well then, should I just bring Sunggyu and Myungsoo? Oh maybe Sungjong too. He would be happy to replace you.” Dongwoo teased. He knew Woohyun won’t sulking for long.

“Hyung! You can’t just leave me alone. I’m still underage so I can’t stay alone at home because it will be dangerous. My teacher said so.” He said proudly (for being genius –or so he thought- but actually for finding a way to follow them).

“Haha don’t worry Hyunnie. Hyung loves you too much to leave you alone. I’ll hung up now. Need to call Gyu hyung.”

“Okay. Night hyung. I love you.”

“Night Hyunnie. I love you too.” Woohyun smiled dreamily at his phone. Wondering where would Dongwoo bring him tomorrow.

 

Meanwhile in another room, a certain male is burning in anger. Not toward Woohyun but more to himself. He knew Woohyun was lying but he can’t point out the issue. On top of all, he was frustrated. He doesn’t know why did he easily give in to Woohyun. During his previous relationship he was a cold-hearted man. That was why his relationship last only for a few months because his partner find him boring and unromantic. He nearly coupled with Byunghun but he rejected that boy before the latter even manage to confess. Resulted in him (Byunghun) to be sent to US to further his study (that was one of the reasons he wanted to be in a relationship; to stay in Korea). But somehow with Woohyun, He find it hard to reject the boy. When the boy pleads, when he pouted and mostly everything he did drives Sunggyu crazy. But he knew one thing. He started to fall for the boy.

******************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Why? Didn't expect for me to update?

Well I'm feeling generous today so I spend my time finishing this chapter.

So, happy reading.

p/s: thank you dear subscribers and upvoters. you are the best!