First Meeting

The Tale of a Drowning Bunny

 

“And now, the winner for Best Singer Award goes to… KIM SUNGGYU!” the MC announces the winner for the award but the so-called Kim Sunggyu is nowhere in sight. Whispers can be heard everywhere as people start to question his whereabouts.

“Yah! Hyoan, where is Sunggyu?” the PD for the tonight event is currently panic because audiences are anticipating the appearance of Kim Sunggyu.

“Didn’t I tell you he’s on vacation? It’s not my fault if you guys can’t remember it.” Hyoan; Sunggyu’s manager answers offhandedly. He steadily walks out ignoring the chaos at the backstage.

“Kim Sunggyu, you owe me again this time kid” he said to no one.

 

**********************************************************************************

Sunggyu walks down the hill from the cottage he’s been staying after contemplating for a few hours whether he should go out or not and he gladly choose the first. Being alone in an outskirt of town, with no internet reception is not a pleasure at all. Well, at least for an everyday-is-a-busy-day 21 years old young man. After about half an hour, he found a waterfall with a calm-flowing river. The scenery is breath-taking and he decides to spend the rest of his evening there.

“Excuse me, mister. Can you help me?” his peaceful moment is interrupted by a boy around his age. The boy is wearing a white shirt while holding a long thin branch in his right hand. Cute.

“What?” he asks nonchalantly.

“Can you help me fish my hat? It fall into the water and I can’t reach it because it’s too far” he replied. And because I’m afraid.

“No, I don’t want. It’s your hat and you’re responsible for it. I’m going,” Sunggyu stands up and dust off his pants.

“B-but….” The boy tried to persuade Sunggyu but the latter shut him off with his infamous glare.

“I’m sorry,” the boy says with his head facing the grass in front of him. He then walks toward his hat which is now floating a bit nearer to the place where he stands so he tries to get it by himself. Sunggyu just watches the boy from afar and the sight amuse him. He finds it interesting of how the boy struggle to get back his hat. But there’s something in the brunet’s eyes that he can’t interpret. The eyes show determination but deep inside there some hidden emotion that the boy tries to hide. Is that fear?

After some time the boy stops. He kneels down by the river and Sunggyu swears he can see the boy’s big brown eyes glistening with tears. That’s when he decides to help but his action stop when the brunet stands up and try again. This time he moves a bit closer towards the water. Before he could balance his body, he falls.

 

Sunggyu is about to turn around when he heard a splash, like something falls into the water. Or someone. When he look back at the boy, he’s nowhere in sight. He run to where the boy stands just now just in time to see him sinking while gasping for air. Damn.

 

-----skip the part he jumps to save woohyun------

He feels the boy’s pulse and listens to his breathing. Without much thought, he performs CPR to the boy. That poor boy doesn’t give any response, making Sunggyu panics. After a few tries, the boy chokes out water. Sunggyu sighs in relief. He takes his jacket which merely lay on the ground and drapes it on the boy’s shoulder.  He glances back at the place where the boy fell and notice that the hat is still there. He then stands up, pick up a stick and walks toward the river. The clueless brunet just watches him walk over to the river and fish the hat easily. When Sunggyu comes over to him, he drops his head back, feeling insecure with Sunggyu’s glare.

“Here.” Sunggyu throws the hat to him.

“Thank you, hyung. A-and I’m sorry for troubling you.” He bits his lower lips, not looking at the singer.

“What’s your name?” Sunggyu asks the boy.

“W-woo-woohyun. Nam Woohyun.” The boy replies.

“Okay, Woohyun. Now go home. Your mum must be worried.”

“N-neh.” Before Sunggyu could walk away, he heard the boy calls him.

“Hyung, your jacket-“

“Keep it.” He cuts Woohyun’s words and walk away without looking back.

 

 

********************************************************************************************************************************************************

sorry for the short chapter...just take it as introduction

have fun reading~