Chapter 2

The Tale of a Drowning Bunny

 

“‘Your mum must be worried.’ She won’t be hyung because she’s not even here.” Woohyun sigh.

“Aish, grandpa must be angry if he sees me like this. What to do? Ah, Dongwoo hyung! I must be a genius.” He runs toward Dongwoo’s house excitedly.

“Hyung! Dongwoo hyung! Help meeeeeee!!!” he shouts. Hearing Woohyun’s voice, Dongwoo panicky comes out.

“Wae wae wae??? Woohyun-ah, are you okay???” his face is full of worry.

 “Aish hyung, I’m okay. See?” he turns around and let Dongwoo examines his body.

“Then why are you shouting like that? Aish! This kid, you make hyung have a heart attack.” Dongwoo sighs, dramatically soothing his beating heart.

“Sorry. It just that… ” Woohyun pouts, lips quivering while giving Dongwoo his infamous puppy eyes.

“What did you do this time?”

“Nothing! I swear. It just that I fell into the river just now and look, I’m totally drenched. Grandpa gonna be mad at me if I show up like this.”

“YOU WHAT!!? Nam Woohyun, how many times do I have to tell you; do not play by the river? What if you drown? What if nobody’s there to help you if anything happened? And just now, when you fell who help you?” he asks Woohyun, raising his voice to the point it scares Woohyun. That boy gives Dongwoo a frighten look.

“A h-hyung. I-I-I d-don’t know w-who he is b-but-t he… “Woohyun can’t finish his words when a sob escapes from his mouth and a single tear falls on his redden cheek. He plays by the hem of Sunggyu’s jacket, avoiding Dongwoo’s stare. Dongwoo sighs for the nth time while calming his anger. He pulls Woohyun for a hug. Woohyun hides his face in Dongwoo’s broad chest. Sniffing and sobbing.

“Woohyun-ah, don’t cry. Hyung is not mad at you. It is just that I’m worried for your safety. I don’t want to lose my only dongsaeng. You don’t want hyung to be lonely, right?” he peek at Woohyun and the latter just give him a faint nod.

“Sorry hyung. I won’t do it again. Promise!” the brunet put his hand on his chest as a sign of his sincerity. Dongwoo ruffles Woohyun hair and tighten his hug.

“You better keep it young man. Now go take a bath. I’ll dry your clothes later.”

“Ai ai captain!” Woohyun replies with hand mocking a salute. He runs when Dongwoo is about to pinch him. Giving the latter a melodious laugh.

“How can I protect you, Woohyun? How can I ensure your safety when I’m not around? Boohyun hyung, why did you give me such a difficult task? Why did you have to go?” mumbles Dongwoo.

“HYUNGGGG!!!”

 

**********************************************************************************

“HYUNGGGG!!!” shouts someone from afar. Dongwoo turns around to find a good looking man waving frantically at him.

“Oh, Kim Myungsoo! What are you doing here?”

“Why? I can’t come here anymore? That’s so mean hyung,” says Myungsoo while faking a sob.

“Yah! I don’t mean it that way. Pabo.” Dongwoo snorts.

“Haha… I know hyung. I’m just messing with you. I come to meet with Sunggyu hyung. His manager said he’s taking a vacation here. Did you meet him yet?” Myungsoo explains, hands reaching down to grab a very furry bunny.

“Sunggyu is here? That grandpa, he didn’t even tell me. Do you know where he stays at?”

“Yes, let’s go hyung” Myungsoo grabs Dongwoo’s hand and drag him away. They are half way of the journey when suddenly Dongwoo gasps.

“OH MY GOD, WOOHYUN!” he then turns around and run with all his might. Myungsoo who know nothing just blindly follow him.

Meanwhile at Dongwoo’s house, Woohyun who just finished showering comes out to find out Dongwoo is nowhere in sight. He shivers slightly when cold breeze hit his half body.

“Hyung? Dongwoo hyung, where are you? Achoo~” he sneezes. He goes to Dongwoo’s room and grabs a blanket to wrap his body. The day is getting darker and he hates dark.

“Hyungggg… where are you?” he murmurs, tears begin to pool in his eyes.

“It’s okay Woohyun. Hyung won’t leave you alone here. He must have something important to do that’s why he has to go. Yes, that must be it.” He said to no one. Apparently trying to calm his own nervousness.

 

“Dongwoo hyung, slow down. Where are we going?” asks Myungsoo while gasping for air.

“Home.”

“Why?”

“Because I forgot Woohyun is in my house right now.”

“Who is this Woohyun?”

“My dongsaeng. Hurry up Myung!” shouts Dongwoo. They arrive 15 minutes later and notice that the light is off. Dongwoo gets in and switch on the light only to find a slump on his couch and faint sobs can be heard.

“Woohyun?” he carefully makes a way to the slump and pull the blanket and he meet a pair of puffy eyes with tears pooling, waiting to fall on the smooth cheeks. Dongwoo sigh.

“Sorry, Hyunnie. Hyung is so sorry. I forgot you’re here and went out instead. Forgive hyung, ne?” he rubs Woohyun’s back with his right hand while the other one wipe the tears on the latter cheek.

“Hyung… don’t do it again ne? I’m afraid” he sniffs.

“Ne, I promise.” He imitates Woohyun’s action before; placing his hand on his chest.

 

Myungsoo’s POV

 

‘Aish this dino hyung, how can he run so fast’ I mentally blame Sungjong for making me eat cheesecake everyday.

“Who is this Woohyun?” I ask him.

“My dongsaeng.” Dongsaeng? As far as I concern, Dongwoo hyung has no dongsaeng at all. Did uncle remarried? Eyyy… it can’t be. Could it be his dongsaeng in law? Ahh… my hyung is already has a lover.

When we arrive, the house is in absolute darkness. We step in and Dongwoo hyung turns on the light. There’s a big slump on the couch, it’s moving. Hyung moves forward to the slump and pulls the blanket which covers the person in it revealing a crying young man. I stunned, that young man is breathtakingly beautiful. And cute. With red puffy eyes, plump lips quivering and his red pointy nose; I swear if Sunggyu hyung see this boy he’ll turn gay. Cause he already makes me one.

Dongwoo hyung is busy soothing the boy, ignoring me so I clear my throat.

“Oh, Woohyun-ah. Here, meets Myungsoo. He is hyung’s friend from Seoul.” He introduces me to that Woohyun boy.

“Annyeong.” Woohyun bows me. Trust me his voice can lullaby me to sleep.

“Hyung, where is my clothes? I can’t find them. See, I’m freezing here.” Woohyun whines to Dongwoo hyung with a pout. Seriously, that boy is driving me crazy.

 

End of POV

 

“Hyunnie, are you done?” Dongwoo shouts from the living room. He and Myungsoo is waiting for Woohyun to get ready so they can go to Sunggyu’s house. Myungsoo looks at his hyung, contemplating whether to ask about Woohyun or not. ‘It’s now or never’. His curiosity wins.  Curiosity 1-Myungsoo 0.

“Hyung, who is Woohyun? I know you are the only child in your family. How can you have a dongsaeng. Is uncle is marrying again?”

“What? You are too creative there, Myung. He is not my real dongsaeng but I treat him like one. He is an orphan. His parents died in an accident years ago. Now he is living with his grandpa.”

“What accident, hyung?”

“They are on their way to his grandpa’s house when the accident happened. Their car fell into a lake and Woohyun is the only survivor. His parent died on the spot and his brother died in the hospital. He entrust me to look after Woohyun so that is why I’m protective towards him.”

“How old is he at that time?” Myungsoo’s continuous asking raises Dongwoo’s suspicion.

“6. You look interested in Woohyun. Why, fall in love already?” Dongwoo asks teasingly.

“Aniyo. I’m just curious. No wonder you are so close with him.” He nods in understanding.

“Hyung, let’s go!” comes a cheerful voice from behind making both of them smiles. 

 

 

 

********************************************************************************************************************************************************

2nd chapter...have fun reading~