Chapter 6

The Tale of a Drowning Bunny

Update! Update! Yay!

**********************************************************************************

That morning was just like the usually weekend for them; waking up, make breakfast together and clean the house. Woohyun being teased by Myungsoo for his diligent in cleaning; saying he can make a good housewife and resulted in a sulky Woohyun for the whole morning. Sunggyu was out to buy them breakfast because they are too lazy to cook. Both maknaes were lazing on the couch waiting for Sunggyu to come home.

“Myung, can I ask you something about Sunggyu hyung?”

“What?”

“Does Sunggyu hyung have girlfriend?” Myungsoo ears peaked up upon hearing the girlfriend part.

“He used to have one. And it’s not girlfriend but a boyfriend, if you know what I mean…” Myungsoo smirked.

“Eh? Boyfriend? As in BOY girlfriend? Why?”

“Are you really asking me why? Uh, he’s gay for crying out loud.” Myungsoo face palmed while rolling his eyes at Woohyun.

“Is it okay to be gay?” asked Woohyun innocently. Myungsoo turned over facing Woohyun.

“Of course. Btw, Hyunnie are you gay?”

“I.. I don’t know. I never think about it.”

“Yah! It’s not something to think off you kid. Tell me, did you ever have girlfriend before?”

“No.”

“Boyfriend?”

“Of course I have. I have few in my class and from the other class as well.”

“Not that kind of boyfriends but someone you fell in love with.”

“You mean boy girlfriend?” Myungsoo sighed.

“Yeah whatever. Do you have?”

“N-no.”

“Crush maybe?”

“Mmm…”

“No way! Who is he? Dongwoo hyung?”

“NO! He’s my brother. It’s his friend.” Woohyun bite his lips.  This is embarrassing.

“Hoya hyung? No, I know; Sunggyu hyung, right? Oh my God. I knew it. You like Sunggyu hyung.” Myungsoo jumped around. He couldn’t believe the fact that his new best friend was in love with his own brother.

“NO, NOT HIM!” Woohyun retorted quickly.

“Not him? Are you sure?”

“Y-yes. Not Sunggyu hyung.” Woohyun couldn’t bring himself to look at Myungsoo’s judging eyes so he played with his fingers instead.

 

Meanwhile, Sunggyu was strolling along the aisle while looking at his groceries list when he bumped into someone.

“Oppss… sorry sir… eh, Byunghun?”

“Sunggyu hyung? Woah, it’s really you.  Your eyes got smaller!” Byunghun chuckled.

“Yah, you shouldn’t say that to someone on the first meeting after 3 years.”

“Kekeke… ne~ sorry hyung. You’ve become handsome now,” Byunghun mocked a barfing sound.

“This kid! So impolite. Anyway, what are you doing here?”

“I’m looking for you.”

“Me? Why?”

“I… hyung about before…”

“I’ve told you before that already forgive you so… just forget it.” Sunggyu shrugged.

“But hyung… can we-“

“NO! We are not gonna get together again.” Sunggyu cut Byunghun off.

“Yah! You small eyed hamster! When did I say so? I just wanna go to your house. I miss my best friend. Geez…  this old man, so full of himself.” Byunghun muttered the sentence silently.

“Whatever. Come.” After realizing Byunghun didn’t follow him he looked back and saw the younger still muttering profanities toward him.

“Aish, yah! Are you coming or not?”

“Neh,” Byunghun replied while rolling his eyes. This monster.

 

“Myung, don’t tell anyone about this. Please…” Woohyun gave Myungsoo a pleading look.

“I’ll think about it.” Myungsoo smirked. Woohyun was about to start his aegyo-ish plead when they heard Sunggyu’s voice.

“I’m home.” Seconds later Sunggyu appeared from the front door with a pinkish-blonde haired man. He looks no older than Woohyun and Myungsoo.

“Oh, Byungari!” Myungsoo let out a not-so-manly squeaked and dashed toward the brunette.

“Myung-myung! I miss chuuu~~~~” and they went gaga, hugging and jumping leaving a confused Woohyun behind.

“Oh, Byungie. Lets meet Woohyun. He stayed with us now. Hyunnie, this is Byunghun. He’s our neighbour before but now he live in US.” Myungsoo introduced them.

“Hi” they awkwardly stared at each other.

Woohyun was shoved in the kitchen by Myungsoo and Byunghun stayed in the living room, with Sunggyu. He kept on glancing to the front watching the interaction between the two men. His heart clenched seeing how the blond can put smile on Sunggyu’s face and made him laughed on everything he said. Hyung hardly smiled to me. His laugh is too far for me to reach. What do you expect Woohyun? You’re nobody to him.

Woohyun avoided eyes contact with Sunggyu for the rest of the night. He even stayed furthest away from Sunggyu when they watched midnight movie together. Being oblivious as he was, Sunggyu just shrugged it off thinking maybe Woohyun just need some space for himself. He failed to see that sad, teary eyes longing for him, seeking for his attention. Myungsoo noticed Woohyun behaviour since they were at the kitchen but there’s nothing he can do. He pushed it back by talking to Byunghun and dragged him to his room once the credit rolls.

 

Sunggyu was heading to his room when he heard Woohyun’s calling him.

 “Hyung, can I talk to you for a second?”

“What?”

“Actually I was thinking of doing a part time job. I-I’ve already found one near—“

“No.”

“B-but hyunggggg… I’ve already sa—“

“No means no. Why did you need to work anyway, it’s not like I’ve not giving you enough food. Besides Dongwoo gives you pocket money, right?”

“Yes he did but hyung I can’t stay here for free. I should at least pay you.”

“Did I ever ask?”

“Of course you didn’t but I don’t want to feel indebt with you. With Myungsoo. We’re nobody but you treat me like a family. I’m not used to it.” Woohyun reasoned out but somehow Sunggyu felt his chest tighten hearing it.

“Yeah, we’re nobody. Nobody at all.” Sunggyu replied with an icy cold voice. Woohyun somehow can feel shivers running down his spine. He hated this. He hated it when Sunggyu being cold. It makes him feel unwanted. He watched Sunggyu’s retrieved body that stop by the door.

“But still, the answer is no.” he slammed the door. Hard. Woohyun slumped to the floor. His eyes felt hot. Please hyung, at least I can forget my problems for a while.

******************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Sorry for this short and uninteresting chapter. Having a mental breakdown right now.

Chapter 7 is coming up!