Chapter 3

The Tale of a Drowning Bunny

i just finish this chapter at 1400 so bear with any mistakes. have fun reading ^^

**************************************************************************************************************************************************************

 

“Hyung, who is Sunggyu? Why are we going to his house? I never heard of his name. Is he new here? Why did he come here? Where does he live before?” Woohyun shots his questions like bullets. Myungsoo burst into laugh making Woohyun throws him a supposed-to-be glare. He stifles his laugh when Woohyun begins to pout.

“Relax Hyun. He is a singer. He comes here for a vacation. He is hyung’s friend and Myungsoo is his brother so we are going to meet him.” Dongwoo replies.

“So why do I have to follow you too?”

“Because you are going to make him sing for us,” Myungsoo teasingly replies.

“Ehh… really hyung?” he turns his head to Dongwoo.

“Yes,” Might as well plays along, Dongwoo thinks. They stay silent for the rest of the journey. Only Woohyun’s mumbling voice can be heard. Thinking hard how to make Sunggyu sings later.

They arrive at the cottage half an hour later. Myungsoo rings the bell and a moment later the almighty Kim Sunggyu greets them.

“Oh, you are the hyung from this afternoon!” claims Woohyun while pointing his finger towards Sunggyu.

“And you are the drowning kid,” Sunggyu replies casually.

“I’m not a kid,” mumbles Woohyun.

“So you are the one that save Woohyun. Thanks man. We owe you. This kid here can’t swim.” Says Dongwoo, patting softly on Woohyun’s back.

“Hyung let us in, can you?” their conversations are interrupted by Myungsoo. Having to walk for almost an hour plus running just now really drained his energy. He needs a good rest plus a fresh orange juice.

 

Myungsoo keep on spying on both Woohyun and Sunggyu, wondering why his hyung is not showing any giddy-giddy reaction around Woohyun. Maybe because he wants to show his cool side or he might be feeling shy. Or he has no feeling at all. ‘Am I the only one that falls for the boy?’ he sighs.

 

They spent their night with talking and watching TV. Woohyun and Dongwoo decide to cook for the siblings and Myungsoo can’t stop praising Woohyun’s great cooking ability despite his childishness. Sunggyu just silently munching his food so Myungsoo has to nudge him. He gives him a signal thru his eyes.

“What?” Sunggyu snaps. He follows Myungsoo’s gaze and it lands on Woohyun. That boy is munching his food with both hands covering his plate because Dongwoo forces him to eat veggies. Sunggyu raises both his eyebrows in confusion.

“Aish, praise him hyung. He cooked for us. At least show some gratitude.” Myungsoo sigh. His hyung is kinda slow sometimes.

“I did finish my food. Isn’t that showing that I like the food?” Sunggyu argues, jabbing softly on his food.

“Whatever you say hyung.” Myungsoo sighs. When will you learn your lesson hyung?

 

No one’s POV

 

The Kim Sunggyu that everyone knows is not all great; a way too far from perfection. To say he is cold-hearted man; yes, many would agree. But that is just a mask, his only way of protecting himself from getting hurt. His childhood is not much of a prince like everyone thought he is. He was raised by his strict parents that notorious his mind; they said non-perfect people are useless. So tried hard to make sure he isn’t the one of that useless people. Always tries hard to please his parent although his mind kept refusing and tempting him to retaliate even just for once.

 

The way he was raised make him now a cold-hearted and a bit mean. He thought that weak people doesn’t deserve to be respect. He doesn’t have any friends in school. His friends are usually sons of his parents’ friends. He went to a prestige school but somehow their attitude don’t clique and he opt to be alone all the time. Other students always tried to befriend him but he shunned them away with his glare. Those who capable are mostly back off again because they thought Kim Sunggyu is boring; he is emotionless and damn bad in expressing himself. That’s why the first girl he opened up to; his first girlfriend chose to leave him. The girl, Jiyoon is a total beauty. She’s good in sport, she can cook and the most important is she can break Sunggyu’s ice wall. When they first broke up Sunggyu didn’t feel anything but then slowly he felt really lonely. He missed her. He missed their time together (although most of the time they date in a library). His parents noticed his odd behaviour and their way of overcoming his depression is by giving him load of works and sending him to extra classes.

 

He once thinking of run away from home but for a model student he really can’t think of any place to go for he isn’t an inferior let alone to work on his own. His grandpa once told him; living isn’t an option but a way of proving we’re brave enough to face the consequence. Therefore he pursue his dream although his parents against it and disown him, he determine to prove that one day he’ll become someone that people will respect. And now he is; a Korean top singer that idolized by everyone.

 

End of POV

 

“Hyun, let’s go. We better go home now. Yah! Stop playing.” Dongwoo drags Woohyun away from Myungsoo as the latter head locking Woohyun with his arm. Both of them are protesting, saying incoherent words toward Dongwoo.

“Just sleep here. It’s late already.” –Sunggyu

“Should we?” Dongwoo gives Woohyun a playful smile. Myungsoo and Woohyun hi-fiving each other while laughing loudly.

“Kid.” Sunggyu says to no one.

 

 

“It’s true, haraboeji. I saw with my own eyes. First Woohyun steal the apples in our store then he went to horse stable and release one of them.” Yu Boram, Woohyun’s sworn enemy tattletale to Woohyun’s grandpa. He saw Woohyun by the river this evening with Kim Sunggyu; his favourite idol, thus he feels jealous and decides for revenge.

“Are you sure, Boram? I know my grandchild, he won’t do that.” Boram grits his teeth. He knows it’s hard to convince Woohyun’s grandpa.

“Believe me haraboeji. I have my friends with me,” he nudges his friends and they nod their head frantically. Woohyun’s grandpa somehow begins to believe them. Boram smirks. Nam Woohyun, serve you right.

 

 

“Haraboeji, I’m home” Woohyun skips to his house. Dongwoo and the Kim brothers follow are with him. They plan to have a picnic at the waterfall not far from his house. Woohyun practically jumps on his grandpa’s back while laughing but his laughter stops when he realized his grandpa didn’t respond.

“Haraboeji, are you okay? Did something happen?” Woohyun asks in pure concern. The others just look at each other in confusion.

“What have you done?” his grandpa asks in menacing tone. Woohyun stops his act and gives a frighten look.

“W-what are you talking about? I-I didn’t do anything. I-I swear,” Woohyun stutters.

“Stop swearing you liar! I didn’t raise you to be a thief. Let alone to do something bad. What are we lacking off? I give you enough food, I send you to school but you pay me this way. I’m ashamed of you Woohyun.” Woohyun’s grandpa shouts.

“T-thief? I’m not a thief. I didn’t do it grandpa. Trust me. I’m not.” Woohyun begins to cry. Dongwoo and Myungsoo look at each other. Shocks are written on their face and Sunggyu just stood there, staring at the chaos like watching a drama on TV. Suddenly, Woohyun’s grandpa reaches for a PVC pipe and starts to hit Woohyun.

“Grandpa, stop please. I-it hurts. I’m so-sorry,” cries Woohyun. Everything happens so fast. When Dongwoo is about to stop Woohyun’s grandpa, Sunggyu is already shielding Woohyun with his body. The brunet clings onto Sunggyu desperately while sobbing hard. Woohyun’s grandpa falls on his knees. He cries silently.

“Go Woohyun. Go. I don’t want to hear people talk about you anymore. Go and don’t come back.” He stands up. Woohyun shocks. He runs toward his grandpa and grabs his leg.

“No. Haraboeji, I’m sorry. I don’t care if you wanna hit me again but please don’t throw me away. Please. I want to stay here with you. Please, haraboeji. Don’t do this to me.” Woohyun tightly clings to his grandpa’s leg like his life depends on it.

“GO!” his grandpa shouts and kick Woohyun. With that his grandpa walks into the house leaving four of them in the front with a faint Woohyun. Sunggyu picks Woohyun up and piggybacks him. The other two follow suits. In the house, Woohyun’s grandpa peeks at them with tears falling uncontrollably.

‘I’m sorry Woohyun. If you stay here people will always take advantages of your innocence and will deliberately hurt you. This is the only way I can do to protect you.’

 

The journey to Dongwoo’s house fills with silence. Everybody is still in shock of what happened earlier. Dongwoo keeps on glancing towards Woohyun who still on Sunggyu’s back. Myungsoo keeps on shaking his head, trying hard to erase the incident. He somehow can’t believe what he saw earlier. From Dongwoo’s story, Woohyun seems to be very close with his grandpa but what happened earlier doesn’t seem so. He sighs. Nam Woohyun is full of mysteries. 

 

 

************************************************************************************************************************************************

sorry for the late update..too many things happened at home so..no time for me to update..

and for those who subscribes thank you so much for subscribing a crappy story like this. u guys are so kind /tears of joy/

happy reading ^^