Appa!~

Don't Believe in Love?

You exited and decided to bike for awhile. Without you knowing, Daehyun followed behind you. He watched as you arrived at the Han River after an hour in a half. Your legs gave out, and Daehyun panicked, but you just grabbed onto a tree. You walked toward a bridge and sat with your feet dangling. 

"Mianhae-yo, Appa," you said to the river. Daehyun hid under the bridge looking up at you. 

"APPA! DO YOU HEAR ME?! PLEASE DON'T BE DISAPPOINTED!" you yelled standing up, but your legs gave out again. You just grabbed rocks off the floor and chucked it into the river.  After chucking rocks, you started to calm down. 

"Appa, I miss you," you said while staring blankly.

"You were a good man, you're probably in heaven right? A better place than here," you asked the air. 

"When you left me and Umma, I thought about doing the only thing I could do to find you again. Appa you were my best friend and you left me," you cried. 

"You taught me volleyball and it became my passion. Now I can't even fufill OUR dream!" you said a little louder. Daehyun just teared. *This is why* he thought. 

"Please don't be ashamed, Appa I love you," you cried. The wind blew your hair into your face. You grabbed it and tyed it into a ponytail.

"I wish I can go back to the old Park Minah. Your MinMin," you said softly. Another breeze came by and you just smiled weakly.

"Sarang calls me that whenever I'm upset to cheer me up. It doesn't have the same affect as you sadly. Hehe, I met these people at school Appa. They're in a group called B.A.P. One of them confessed, but there's no such thing as Love right?" you asked. 

Daehyun just looked up at you sadly.

"My heart feels like it flutters whenever I see one of them. His name is Jung Daehyun," you said weakly. Daehyun's attention went straight to your face.

"But yet again, I push it out. It's just my imagination. Love doesn't exist. It's only in families right? When you left, my only love is with Umma," you said.

"Right? Give me a sign Appa!" you stood up. Nothing happened. It was dead silent. You could only hear the waters flowing and nothing else. 

"RIGHT?! ANSWER ME APPA! DADDY!" you yelled louder, desperate for an answer.

"URG! WHO AM I KIDDING?! YOU'RE IN SUCH A GREAT PLACE YOU PROBABLY FORGOT ABOUT ME RIGHT?!" you yelled in frustration. You then calmed down.

"Appa! I want to be with you! I know how to do that now! I know it's selfish, because of Umma still here, but she has stepdad," you said sadly. You grabbed your phone and wallet. You placed the phone on the ground and grabbed you wallet. You took your ID card out and threw it into the ocean. Daehyun just stood there surprised. 

"Appa! I'm coming wait for me," you smiled softly and weakly. You looked down at the picture in your wallet and kissed it.

"Love you Umma. Umma Jjang!" you said giving a thumbs up to the picture. You then did what you believed was right.

"Annyeong," you said softly. you stood up and held the side of the bridge. You slid a shoe down to the river. 

"I can't wait to see you Appa," you said tearing.

"Just like old times," you whispered. The wind blew. You didn't hesitate and just jumped. 

"ANDWAE!" you heard a voice. You out before anything could happen. 

 


You woke up in a white room. Am I finally dead? You thought. You saw someone holding your hand.

"Who are you," you asked.

"MinMin?" the man asked.

"APPA!" you yelled hugging him. He chuckled.

"My baby girl!" he picked you up and spun you around. 

"I knew I could see you again," you said tearing.

"Mianhae, MinMin-ah, but it's not time," he said sadly.

"What do you mean Appa? Not time for what?" you asked smiling.

"You have to go back," his smile faded.

"But," you questioned.

"I was listening to you at the Han River. I'll always be waiting for you, but you have unfinished buisness. You can not come here if you didn't finish what you have to do," he stated.

"But Appa," you whinned and hugged him. He felt so warm and comforting.

"Appa is always in your heart. And the answer to your question is yes. Love is real. That's how I found your mother right?" he asked kissing your forehead. You smiled and snuggled into his chest.

"I missed this," you said. 

"I love you sweety, now you must go. Saranghae," he kissed your hand and slowly faded away. 

 


"APPA! APPA! APPA!" you yelled waking up. You coughed and coughed. You opened your eyes to see a white room. You sat up ignoring your pain and looked around. All you could see was your stepdad, mom, stepsisters, and Daehyun.....DAEHYUN!

"MINNIE!" your Umma came running over. 

"UMMA! WHERE'S APPA? I SAW HIM HE WAS HOLDING MY HAND!" you searched even more. 

"Minah-yah, you must have seen him when you died," the doctor said walking in.

"Excuse me?" you asked.

"You died for about 5 seconds, but we revived you. You are lucky this young man saved you," he said putting a hand on the soaked Daehyun.

"How can I thank you enough?" your Umma held Daehyun's hand. 

"Why?" you scoffed.

"MINAH!" your mom warned you.

"Why did you save me?! I wanted to be with Appa!" you teared. Your mom started crying. 

"I'm sure your Appa wants you to stay," Daehyun said firmly. You thought back and remembered his words. You just sighed and stood up, only to lose balance and have Daehyun catch you. 

"You're too weak to walk," the doctor said. Your hair was still wet. 

"No i'm not. I'm Park Wonbin's daughter," you said using your dad's name. You forced yourself up again and walked slowly. It took you a few tries, but you forced yourself and walked towards the door.

"Where are you going?!" they all panicked, thinking you'll try to kill yourself again. 

"I'm going to the cafe," you said weakly, yet confidently.

"You can't go! You're sick," your mom said. 

"No i'm not," you said looking for your bike.

"Your bike is broken, I'll take you," Daehyun said. You didn't question and he walked you to his car. He offered to help you in, but you just ignored him and sat yourself into his seat. You ignored your heart and kept quiet.

"How long are you going to ignore me?" he asked. 

"I'm not ignoring you. I'm just disappointed in you," you said looking out the window.

"How am I disappointing you?! I told you I liked you!" he yelled and put the car to a stop. 

"Well I don't believe you!" you yelled trying to get out of his car. He locked the doors and grabbed your arm.