Just checking....

Seonsaengnim
Please log in to read the full chapter

Krystal’s P.O.V

 

I watched Sulli’s face as we rode the bus together silently. She’d been acting strangely ever since the food court in the mall. I sighed wondering what Key had said to her. Amber filled me in on Key’s plan and while it excited me to know that Sulli seemed jealous of my interactions with Amber it filled me with guilt to watch her act this way. She was never this silent, she was always happy and bubbly. We got off the bus and made our way to her house in silence. We decided to have a sleep over, but I was starting to wonder if that was a good idea. When we reached her house I stopped in front of the entrance of her apartment not following her inside. She stopped and turned around to face me. “Soojung… what’s wrong?” I looked down at the floor nervously.

 

“Sulli… I… I’m sorry.” She stepped out of the apartment grabbing my arm and pulling me inside before wrapping her arms around me tightly. I buried my head against her shoulder guiltily trying to fight off tears. “Please don’t feel strange around me… I’m sorry…” I don’t know what Key told her but I was beginning to suspect that Sulli knew how I felt about her and that’s why she was acting so strangely. I felt tears start to drift down my cheeks at the thought of Sulli not wanting to be around me anymore and I gripped the taller girl tighter. “Please… don’t hate me…” Sulli gasped at my words and pulled back looking at me in the eyes.

 

“Oh no Soojung! I don’t hate you!” She kissed my forehead before pulling me close to her again and rubbing my back as I sobbed into her shoulder. “Ssssh Soojungie… please don’t cry. I’m sorry…” I held her tighter when I felt her shaking against me knowing that she was crying as well. Was this the end of our friendship? Was it too hard for us to continue like this? Her knowing how I felt about her, me not being able to win her heart? I cried harder.

 

“I’m so sorry Sulli…. Please… I’ll try to stop. Just don’t stop being my friend.” Sulli pulled me to her bedroom quickly and shut the door behind her looking into my eyes as she spoke.

 

“Stop what Soojung? You’ll try to stop what?” I looked away from her pleading eyes. Please don’t make me say it Ssul, it’ll just make it harder to forget. I shook my head and she stepped towards me my cheeks gently. “I don’t hate you Soojung, and I’ll never stop being your best friend. Please don’t cry. It hurts me so much to see you like this.” I tried to stop the tears from tracing down my face, but it was no use, I’d held these feelings back from her for so long that I couldn’t hold back any longer. It felt like a wall was broken down and there was nothing I could to do fix it. I looked away from the taller girl, the tears cascading down my cheeks faster. She stepped closer to me pulling me into her embrace again.

 

“Soojung… please tell me how to fix this… please…” She pleaded with me her voice breaking on her words. I shook my head at her, you can’t fix this Ssul. You just can’t. She hugged me tighter and I cried in her arms not knowing what else to do.  We held each other like that for a long time before we both calmed down, our tears coming to a halt. Sulli placed a gentle kiss on my forehead that made my heart clench. I pulled away from the taller girl looking away from her as I spoke.

 

“I… I should go.” She grabbed my wrist as I tried to make my way out of her room. “Ssul…”

 

“No Soojung… you have to tell me. You have to tell me why you’re hurting so badly.” I shook my head. So she didn’t know?

 

“I can’t Ssul… I can’t tell you this.” She pulled me towards her roughly and I gasped in response. I knew Sulli was stronger than I was, there was a sizable difference between us, but she’d always allow me to drag her around, she’d never used this kind of f

Please log in to read the full chapter