Put a ring on it?

Seonsaengnim
Please log in to read the full chapter

Amber’s P.O.V.

I groaned stretching my arms out in front of me as I shifted around in the bed. I looked over to the side noticing I was alone and I frowned. I had stayed over at Jessica’s house, we spent the rest of the night cuddling, making out and pretending to watch movies. I smiled at the memory, when we had realized how late it was Jessica insisted that I stay over and I happily agreed loving the feel of the older girl in my arms as I slept.

I grunted and hopped out of the bed shuffling out to the living room in search of Jessica. Soon I heard her happily humming to herself and the smell of delicious food drifted into my nose. I smiled and crept up behind her wrapping my arms around her waist and leaning my chin on her shoulder from behind. She just smiled up at me and kissed me on the cheek in response.

 

“Hey.” I smiled and kissed her shoulder.

 

“Hey… whatcha doin’? Cooking?” She shook her head leaning back into me a little.

“Reheating, I want you to live for a little longer.” I chuckled at that remembering how Jessica had told me that she was a terrible cook.

 

“I appreciate that babe.” She smiled at me and kissed me on the chin before pushing me out of the kitchen and towards the bathroom.

 

“I put a new toothbrush out for you, freshen up and I’ll have the food ready when you come out.” I smiled nodding at her in response before stepping into the bathroom. I closed the door behind me and noticed that Jess had put out a fresh towel, and a fresh toothbrush. My clothes from the previous day where folded neatly by the sink and I smiled looking down at my current outfit.

 

Once we had decided I would stay over Jess had struggled to find me something to sleep in, as I refused to sleep in any of the skimpy shorts that she’d tried to hand me. Finally she had dug up a pair of baggy sweatpants from the back of her dresser, I had frowned at the color but accepted them anyway. She had handed me a baggy green t-shirt as well and I changed into the pajamas before climbing into bed with her.

 

Being able to sleep with my arms around her was consolation enough for the obnoxiously bright pink pajama pants that I’d been forced to wear.  I chuckled at how ridiculous I looked before shaking my head and quickly taking a shower. I changed back into my previous days clothes and shuffled out into the kitchen smiling as I saw Jessica setting the food onto the table.

 

“Perfect timing.” She placed a small kiss on my lips before gesturing for me to sit. I smiled and sat down across from her happily eating the food that was placed in front of me. “So what do you have planned for today?” I shrugged at that munching on a fry before responding.

 

“Nothing really, do you have anything to do?” She shook her head placing a strip of chicken in before responding.

 

“Nope, Tiffany and Tae are away this weekend and Krys is spending all weekend at her best friends’ house.” I grinned at that remembering my conversation with the younger girl. I wondered if she was going to take my advice, and I made a mental note to text her later and find out.

 

“So… do you want to go on a date with me?” I blushed as I asked this, I knew that Jessica would probably say yes but it still made me nervous to ask. Jessica giggled at me and nodded.

 

“Okay.” I smiled brightly in response.

 

“So um… after breakfast, I’ll head home and change… then I can meet you back here?” She smiled again nodding at me. I grinned and leaned over the table quickly giving her a peck on the lips. She grabbed the collar of my shirt before I could pull back, pulling me back down to her and kissing me back a little more passionately. After a couple moments of kissing she let go of my collar and separated her lips from mine, I blushed and smiled happily at her before sitting back down.

 

After breakfast I helped Jessica wash the dishes before leaving her apartment and heading to my house to change. When I opened the door I was assaulted by the sound of “Single Ladies” blaring in my apartment and the sight of Key dancing around the room gesturing to his ring finger. I raised an eyebrow at him as he kept repeating “you shoulda put a ring on it.” I chuckled removing my shoes quickly and sliding over to him before joining him in dancing. Key looked slightly surprised at my sudden appearance but just shrugged and kept dancing anyway. After a few moments the song ended and Key turned to me and slapped me on the shoulder. I frowned and rubbed my arm.

 

“Ow! What the hell Key?”

 

“First and foremost, I’m a solo act !” He fluttered his eyelashes and flipped his hair at that statement causing me to roll my eyes in response. “and secondly, you didn’t come home last night!” At that he pouted at me. I raised an eyebrow at him.

 

“Home? this is my apartment! Why are you here all the time anyway?” At this he shrugged.

 

“You gave me your door code… plus my roommates are lame.” I laughed.

 

“Key you live with your parents.” He nodded in response.

 

“Yeah, like I said… lame and don’t change the subject. Where were you last night and why didn’t you invite me?” I laughed again walking over to my dresser as I picked out a new outfit to wear.

 

“I went to Jessica’s house….I slept over.” Key squealed at this and ran over to me clapping happily.

 

“OMG tell me everything, did you get laid?! … WAIT! … Don’t tell me everything… I don’t want to hear about your…” He frowned scrunching up his face in disgust as he gestured to my crotch. “…lady parts…” He shivered as he completed his sentence and I just laughed.

 

“Relax . Nothing happened. We just kissed and… cuddled.” I mumbled the last part blushing as I turned back to the dresser. Key let out an exasperated sigh.

 

“God lesbians are so boring! Are you es going to go buy some cats together now or something?” I shot him a glare at that and he just shrugged looking at his fingernails disinterestedly.  

 

“No we’re not going to buy cats together you and we’re not boring! We’re… just taking things slow.” He scoffed at that and was about to say something when I peeled off my shirt and threw it at his head, changing into a new shirt while he sputtered.

 

“Ugh… ah… ew ies!” I laughed smoothing the shirt down before taking off my jeans and changing into a pair of shorts. “Ugh… must you do that in front of me?” I rolled my eyes.

 

“ this is my apartment, if you don’t like it there’s the door.” I gestured behind me and he stuck his tongue out in response.

 

“Whatever ho. Anyway, this taking things slow thing… what’s that about?” He genuinely looked curious at that and I laughed.

 

“Um.. what do you mean? We are just I don’t know getting to know each other before we hump each other?” He nodded pensively.

 

“mmhmm… okay… why?” I laughed again.

 

“Hahaha, because Key!” He raised an eyebrow at me and gestured for me to continue, I laughed again.

 

“Because I really like this girl and I want to make sure this is going to last before I jump into bed with her… plus…”

 

“Plus?” I blushed at that looking away from Key as I pretended to be really interested in picking out a baseball cap.

 

“Plus… I’ve… um… I…” I cleared my throat nervously. “Ima.” Key frowned at that.

 

“I’m sorry what? It sounded like you said you were a .” I blushed even deeper at that biting my lip nervously. Key watched me for a moment bef

Please log in to read the full chapter