Lies

Player

I tossed and my bed, unable to get rid of the excitement within me. I grabbed my phone beside my bed and started contemplating, whether I should send him a message regarding the date earlier. No. I thought to myself and slammed my phone back down firmly.

I tucked myself under my blanket, ready for tomorrow. Ready to meet him in less than 12 hours time. Right when my eyes went shut, I heard a soft vibration. My body shot up immediately grabbing my phone swiftly, the corners of my lips curved upwards the moment I saw who was it from.

From Seunghyun

I had a great time today, I really did and I hope you did too. I'll see you tomorrow baby girl. Sweet dreams.

Oh god. Baby girl. I started giggling and squirming around like a crazy teenage girl on my bed imagining him calling me that with his y husky voice.

From Heejin

It was really nice, I enjoyed myself. See you tomorrow. 

I slapped myself on my forehead after sending the message, literally. My reply was so cold, it sounded fake and I regretted it. I shook my head convincing myself that I have to keep my cool, I am falling faster than expected. 

 

I squinted my eyes from the brightness, feeling a little cranky since I couldn't really sleep well last night due to that message he sent and the anticipation I had for today. But all negative feelings vanished when I stepped into the shower. It was all excitement from then on.

I slipped onto this simple white dress that has a little flare at the bottom, matched with my beige wedges. It was a rather plain outfit to me but I had enough of those party outfits. I wanted to show a different side of me, no longer the party animal but just a simple girl going out on a simple date.

I came out of my house, ready to make my way over to the theatre when I saw Seunghyun walking towards me. My eyes widened after digesting the face that he came all the way here to pick me up.

"Hey."

My body froze and I couldn't process what was happening. My feet couldn't move at all, and my eyes are screaming what the is going on. His arms were wrapped around me, it was warm. I felt secure, my body starts to relax by itself. Finally I felt that I could move my body but then it froze again when his lips touched mine.

Did everything else stopped? Because it felt like time has stopped. His lips were gentle and soft as though he's conscious about how I would feel from this kiss. He stood there eyes closed while mine are still wide opened from the shock. 

Everything happened too fast that I didn't had time to react or respond to the kiss. It wasn't a kiss, it's a peck that lasted for probably at least 5 seconds. I regretted and mentally cursed my stupid body for not listening when he released the contact we were having.

"I'm doing what I should have done yesterday, I hope its not too late." He said, staring at my lips before looking into my eyes. I stared at him for a few seconds while trying to absorb everything. It was sweet, it felt nice. No, it's beyond nice, it's perfect. I would have mistaken him as a player if i didn't know him judging by how smooth he is with girls. 

"Nope. It's not." I shook my head and smiled shyly. I know that the heat I'm feeling is coming from my cheeks instead of the weather, and it was all because of him.

"You wanna do it again?" He joked, with a playful smirk plastered on his face. The heat on my face increased its temperature and I had to push him slightly and walk past him swiftly from that silly joke because a part of me wished it wasn't a joke. I wanted to do it again, since he caught me by surprise causing me to be unable to react the right way. 

 

Oh my god oh my god oh my god, these words were repeated countless times in my mind while we were in the cinema waiting for the movie to start. I couldn't stop fidgeting on my seat, I'm excited because the movie is starring my favourite actress, and i'm also nervous because both of us are in the dark cinema. Not that I'm hoping something would happen, but even if it does i wouldn't mind? I smiled to myself thinking about the possibilities.

"Are you watching the movie? The screen is over there." I whispered softly and pointed towards the screen after sneaking a few glances at him catching him staring at me ever since the movie started, which is about 10 minutes.

"But I'm watching my favourite movie, right now." I turned slightly towards my right hiding my uncontrollable smile and blush but i knew he saw it after i turned back and saw him grinning victoriously. I munched on the popcorns more vigoriously to distract whatever emotions I'm having so that i could concentrate on my movie.

Maybe such movie is not really his genre, but i felt warm knowing that he's watching it for me. Because half way through the movie, i guess he got bored. He lied on my shoulder causing my body to tense a little from the sudden closeness. I scooped another handful of popcorns but before it gets the chance to be in my mouth, he took my hand into his forcing me to feed him.

I chuckled at his actions, "you are such a distraction." He jerked up instantly making me jump a little from shock. I turned and looked at him to see what's wrong but before i could even ask, his lips crashed against mine. It was slow at first, as though it was asking for permission. I close my eyes enjoying the feeling and responded back, he felt it and the kiss became more passionate.

I felt a little disappointed when he broke away from the kiss, but then that disappointment didn't last long when he gave a soft peck on my lips and whispered, "I'm not a distraction, you are." He held me close throughout the rest of the movie, i have no slightest regret of missing some important parts of the movie letting my mind drift off for a moment just reminiscing the kiss that just happened.

"I'm not gonna take off my jacket because i wanna hold you like this all the way." He said with hands gently rubbing my arm for friction to give me some warmth. But him holding me was more than enough, i felt secure, maybe because he has a really broad chest and wide arms that are able to wrap me around completely. I felt warm, maybe because i know he's still here, even after everything i felt as though he's gonna stay.

 

"Let's go get some coffee to warm you up." He suggested after the movie. I smiled and nodded realizing how sweet this guy is and felt glad that he's still sticking with me even though i might not be the kind of girl he'd imagined. He grabbed my hand and our hands intertwined naturally, as though it's meant to be this way, our hands are meant to hold each other.

Seunghyun's POV

I stood outside her house, kicking imaginary pebbles on the path contemplating if this decision was right. Will she be happy when she sees me? How surprised will she be? I started smiling to myself, probably the first time i felt so happy waiting for someone.

I have never felt nervous dating girls before, reason being i knew they are always head over heels for me. But up till now, i'm not sure if Heejin is feeling the  same way as i do. Was it all my own wishful thinking? Am i the only one falling? How strong are her feelings for me? I saw her exiting her house, immediately those questions and thoughts were being thrown aside automatically, i took a deep breath before walking towards her. This is it.

"Hey." I said when we were about 3 feet away from each other, and her expression was priceless. Her eyes expand when in shock, it took me a lot of effort to sustain my laughter. I closed the gap immediately, hugging her gently, a hug that says even though i just saw you yesterday, i've missed you already. A hug that says i want to always hug you whenever i see you, and a hug that says if i could i would hold you forever. , i am falling fast, unexpectedly fast.

I pulled away and not wanting to miss the opportunity, i took matters on my own. I kissed her. Her lips felt exactly the same, it gives me the chills. I can't get enough of this, even if our lips weren't moving, even if there are millions of people staring at us, i couldn't be bothered. Because right now, this moment, this is perfect, to me.

"I'm doing what I should have done yesterday, I hope its not too late." I pulled away when i didn't receive any respond and smiled at her, afraid that i've made a grave mistake however, judging from her really rosy cheeks she must have loved it as much as i did.

"Nope, it's not." She muttered. I chuckled, knowing that she's feeling really shy right now but trying her very best to hide it. It's so ing adorable. If it was other girls, i would probably scoff at how pretentious they are, acting all shy and girly just so that i would sweet-talk them even more.

"You wanna do it again?" I asked, half jokingly half seriously. Honestly, i want to do it again with more passion this time, with her reciprocrating the kiss. But then i wouldn't wanna kill her with my awesome charms yet so I'm gonna try taking things slow. She pushed me away and i laughed to myself. It's ridiculous how i find every single action of hers extremely cute. What a great way to start the(our) day.

 

I noticed that she acts like a kid sometimes, which is perfect to me. Because if she would to know me really well, or after a few more dates she might see a different side of me. The side that every human being couldn't tolerate, the childishness in me that annoys my friends so much and after observing her, i realize we are almost the same. Is she the one for me?

I'm not interested in the movie, I'm more interested in her which explains why i couldn't keep my eyes off her even after the movie started.

"Are you watching the movie? The screen is over there." She leaned closer towards me and whispered. . It's not easy to control the beast within, i was so close to grabbing her and just kiss her all over in this cinema.

"But I'm watching my favourite movie, right now." I stared at her. It wasn't a lie. I can never get bored from the variety of her expressions, the slightest action from her never fails to get to me. The way her eyes sparkles when she sees something she really likes, the way her lips gradually curve upwards from my presence, and the way she /bite her lips whenever she's nervous. She's a cinema to me, and i could watch her forever.

I got bored from the movie eventually, and whenever I'm bored, my behaviour switches from 26 to probably 6. I casually lied on her shoulder, and i could feel her tensing up but i didn't bother because i want her to open up herself to me, her to feel comfortable and not always feeling so uptight whenever I'm around. She was munching popcorns and i decided to gain her attention by grabbing her hands forcing her to feed me.

"You are such a distraction." She chuckled. You have no ing idea. I couldn't believe she just said that because she is my major distraction. I sat up immediately and i have no idea where did those courage came from, but i decided to act without thinking. And i crashed my lips against hers.

I didn't want this kiss to be like the previous ones, so i starting massaging her lips gently, patiently waiting for her to respond which she did. And i took that as a yes, please go on. Our lips were entangled with each other, i slowly reached out for her cheeks while her hands found their way to my neck. I could feel the heat rising up between us, i could feel my body reacting to it when i felt something hard struggling to escape from my jeans.

I broke the kiss before the beast within me attempts to release itself without warning. I send her one last peck before i allow her to continue watching her movie, "I'm not a distraction, you are." Not a lie too.

I pulled her towards me so that her head was now resting on my chest, while my right arm is around her and i tilted my head slightly so that it's resting on her head. I started her arms gently when i sensed that she was shivering a little, since she didn't brought any outerwear and she's wearing a sleeveless dress that uses thin material. I didn't want to take off my jacket because want to be the one that provides her the warmth instead of some piece of cloth.

"I'm not gonna take off my jacket because i wanna hold you like this all the way." I confessed. What the ? That was so uncool, i realize that whenever I'm with her, i tend to say things out without even thinking through. What is happening to me? Thank god I'm holding onto her so she isn't looking at me. Because if she's looking at me, she would witness me mouthing words of curses to myself.

The deepest emotion I've ever felt for a girl was probably a crush or infatuation but definitely not deeply in love. I haven't been in love before and this is the first time i felt all warm and fuzzy inside just by holding a girl tightly, silently watching a movie together. That's when i understood all those romance movies how couples could actually sit down together in silence, enjoying each other's company, because that's exactly how I'm feeling right now. Enjoying her company.

 

The movie has ended, even though i didn't watch like 3/4 of it but I felt a little disappointed that it ended so soon since this also means that i can't hold her any longer, for now. I suggested to grab a coffee and have dinner together before sending her home, not wanting to stop the skinship we were having, i took her hands into mine and our hands intertwined naturally.

The smile on my face appeared involuntarily, and i have never felt so happy just by holding a girl's hand. Most of the times other girls are hooking onto my arms, dragging me everywhere they want to go and i just follow them around just so that i could get them to say yes for at night. But with her, i just feel like holding her hand and just lead her around, even if it's gonna be an aimless journey.

She's definitely the one who could change my perceptions for love, she's definitely the one i want to keep by my side. She's definitely not someone i would do stuff just to have later on, but someone that makes me wanna do stuff just to see her smile. It was that simple.

Author's POV

I was having the time of my life when i realize how happiness can really be short-lived. I would never expect myself to believe that every single thing i felt from the start was real. Because it wasn't, and i'm stupid to even thought it was.

It was all lies, beautiful lies.