Mission Failed

Player

I slammed the door shut and head straight for the couch. I managed to stop crying, but now I'm filled with anger. Angry that he didn't bother explaining, angry that he asked for honesty yet he didn't give it, basically I'm just really disappointed with Seunghyun this guy as a whole. Okay not that he didn't bother to explain, but i just didn't gave him a chance to and maybe because i feel that he didn't deserve that chance at all.

My phone has numerous missed calls by him but i was too clouded by my emotions to answer any of them. I groaned when i felt the same vibration from my pocket. Fishing out my phone i was ready to take out its battery and head for bed, but i paused when the caller id showed my friend's name, Kate, instead of his. This better be something worth picking up for.

"Hello?" I answered, feeling a little guilty since i haven't seen her or talked to her ever since I'm dating that .

"Jin! WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN I THOUGHT YOU WERE DEAD!" She screamed through the phone. Silence. I didn't know what to say to her, i didn't know how to explain things to her, and because i didn't want to mention him again.

"Jin, i've missed you! Come join us tonight, please. We have some catching up to do!" She insisted and i couldn't say no, afterall it's better to avoid suffering the night alone.

 

I sighed as i saw my reflection on the mirror. How long has it been? I don't miss wearing dresses like these, or putting on thick eye make up. In fact, I'm not even excited about tonight. That's when i realized, having Seunghyun in my life changed me. He didn't stop me from partying, i just didn't feel like leading that life anymore. He brought out the best in me, i changed for the better.

But then again, we don't even know each other well enough. I just found out that the guy I'm dating is not the real Seunghyun, and we have never talked about our lives before, we never had a serious get-to-know conversation. Nevertheless, everything felt right, even without knowing every single details about each other, it felt like we knew each other, sort of.

I took a deep breath and told myself, enough, tonight will be a anti-seunghyun night, not gonna mention him, not gonna think about him, I'm gonna pretend that i don't even know him, as though he didn't enter my life before. I put on my heels and grabbed my phone on my bed that has been ignored the whole day, ready for first mission : forget about Seunghyun, at least for tonight.

 

12 missed calls and 5 messages

I sighed as I checked my phone on my way out. Are you serious. I'm contemplating whether to read the messages which are probably sent by him, I caved in because curiosity got the better of me. I shouldn't have checked, because now I'm filled with rage. Out of all the messages, only one was from him, that says "Babe, can we talk please, give me a chance to explain things. Call me." The rest were from other guys that never stopped pestering me.

He calls me babe now?! He didn't go all babe on me at the restaurant in front of that girl and now he's asking for a chance to explain things? What's there to explain? I saw everything, I've heard enough. I shook all the thoughts away, tonight is a night without any thoughts about Seunghyun, I need to stop thinking about that incident, I need to stop thinking about him for just one ing night.

I stood outside the club staring at the exterior, when was the last time I entered one? When was the last time I feel this pounding feeling in my heart from the blasting music? I kinda missed it now that I'm here. But wait, isn't this? Great. This is the club that I bumped into Seunghyun before he asked me out on a date.

Now how am I suppose to go through the night without reminiscing the memories we had over here? At that exact spot on the dance floor, at that exact seats beside the bar. Great, just great, things just refuse to go my way. I'm stronger than this, I have never let guys bring me down before nor did i got hurt emotionally by any and I'm not gonna let a guy whom I've only dated for like two weeks affecting my entire life. You can do this Heejin.

i took a deep breath as if I'm in all the courage available before stepping into the club. I went to the seats that Kate usually reserve for all of us, it's sort of our usual spot in this club and yes, she's a regular, i was.

"Jin!!" She literally scream her lungs out because despite the loud music in the background i could still identify that as screaming. She hugged me so tightly that caused it to be even more suffocating than my figure hugging dress already was, and i coughed a little when she released the hug. She grabbed my hand and pulled me to sit beside her, i chuckled a little to myself enjoying the sight of her getting so excited to see me.

"So who's the new guy?" Her eyes narrowed trying to detect the truth and her arms crossed to tell me that she's not letting me go till i tell her about it. "No wait, before you say a word, drink up." She shoved a shot glass towards me, "this is a punishment for making me miss you which slowly turns into worrying." I held up the glass and i sniffed in the strong alcohol scent, without much hesitation i down the first glass.

That burning sensation down your throat, that giddy feeling when everything around you slowed down, when your emotions are being amplified and i still remember clearly why i love drinking, because it helps you to forget about your unhappiness even if its just temporary, it was worth it. It's a short getaway from your misery.

I held up my glass and said to her, "I'm gonna drink another, so don't ask me about the new guy because he's history and i just wanna enjoy my night with my girl." I down the next glass and smiled at her, glad that I'm still a good drinker even after losing touch from alcohol for some time. In no time, i have lost count the number of glasses we drank.

"Let's go dance! And see if we could get lucky tonight!" She pull me into the crowded dance floor. I could slowly feel the alcohol kicking in, she was too drunk to even take care of me, same goes for me. I saw her flirting endlessly with a guy in the dance floor and gradually the gap between us increased by the amount of people who squeezed their way through.

I was feeling giddy and guys were groping me, taking advantage of the situation. I desperately needed an escape, so i pushed my way through the dance floor, ignoring those annoyed glares from the crowd and went straight for the washroom.

 

Seunghyun's POV

"Oppa?!" 

I recognized that voice. I turned around hoping that it's not her. My prayers wasn't answered, it was Tina, one of the best in bed. I stood up immediately with a stern look, not knowing how to react, hoping that she would get the message from my expression. Apparently, she didn't because in no time she was all over me, as usual.

I introduced Heejin to her and i have never formally introduced girls to her before, most of the time i can't even remember what are their names and also because i don't really give a damn.

"She's your new ?" . This isn't going to end well. Heejin immediately excused herself and i could tell she's feeling uncomfortable about us, i didn't know what to do since I've never faced such situation before. Usually I'd played cool, but i care for Heejin, i care about her feelings and i don't wish to spoil anything we are having right now.

Tina started whispering in my ear, flaunting her seducing tricks knowing very well how good she is at all and how I'd always give in to it. Tina has always been the that back up whenever I get lazy or tired from other girls for the night, she's always the one who can satisfy my needs knowing exactly about my personality - not wanting any commitments. So we always hook up, since we both agreed that there's nothing more than just . 

I've never had feelings for Tina, hell I've never even had true feelings for any other girls until Heejin came along. Tina doesn't seem to have feelings for me too so I guess we are really what you called, friends with benefits and we are both cool with that, or that's what I thought.

I shot a glare towards Tina trying to hint her to stop whatever she's trying to do, at least for now and give me a chance to clear things up. But I guess god loves to play, because he's not making things easy for me and I wonder if its because of my past doings.

"So, what do you say? My place tonight? Or yours?" She whispered into my ear causing my body to react habitually. I can tell she's doing it on purpose, . I rolled my eyes and tried to stay calm. Inhale, exhale, I'm gonna lose a good but this is not my main concern right now, I got to end all of these ridiculous history of mine before they come running back haunting me.

i grabbed hold of Kate's shoulders and pushed her away from me. "I'm sorry Tina, but Heejin is not what you think she is, and we are not having that sort of relationship. I'll explain it to you again some other time."

"Hmmm okay! I'll be right back." She flicked her hair and gave it a light swing before walking off towards the washroom, it has always been her signature move that made guys go crazy over her.

i got worried knowing that the both of them are in the toilet together, god knows what Tina is gonna tell her. What if she told Heejin about the relationship we had, what if she told Heejin the kind of guy she's dating is a total douche that s any girls when he had the chance to? What if Heejin stops seeing me after hearing stories about me?

No no no, I shook away all these negative thoughts. I am over thinking. I need to tell Heejin before she hears it from any other third party. "Oppa!" That voice. How did I even tolerate all of those during ?

"Did you said anything to her?" I asked sternly before she could even continue.

"Do you know how y you are when you do that?" She lean towards me, biting her lips and giving me those y eye look, basically she's doing all of my favorite y moves. But I'm not even attracted to all of those anymore, in fact, I felt disgusted. How did I not realize this before?

"I'm sorry, I got to go." Heejin grabbed her bag and she went out of the restaurant swiftly. I was staring at Tina disgustingly without knowing that Heejin was looking, she must have misunderstood from our body language. It happened so fast, I didn't had time to react.

After realizing what had happened, I escaped from Tina and went chasing after Heejin. "Heejin!" I yelled from far, hoping that she would stop. She had no intention of stopping, I panicked and speed up in order to stop her myself. "Heejin! Wait up!" I managed to catch up to her, caught her wrist. However, once I turned her around, i saw tears running down her cheeks and I knew it was because of me, it felt like my heart got stabbed. For the first time, I felt guilty, I felt like an , I felt like and that feeling is horrible.

"Hey.. Listen, things are not what it looks like." I didn't prepare any speech, I couldn't come up with a proper explanation right now. Usually lying or making up stories to girls were really easy but least did I knew that telling the truth can be this hard. I couldn't think and it felt like the words are right there, but it got stuck in my throat.

And just like that, she left without giving me the chance to even try to take away some of her pain that I've caused. 

 

 

--------------

A/N: sorry to all of you guys out there that this update took so long! have been really busy but I promise to update at least once a week so please look forward to it! And leave your comments about the story so I know how I should continue going about!