Wild Chance

Player

 

 

 

"Hyung stop walking around! You're distracting me!" Seungri screamed and waved his hands asking me to move away from his sight. I didn't realize that I was pacing around the house, probably because I am too anxious waiting for my phone to ring just to receive any respond from her. I plopped down on the couch, feeling devastated.

"Hyung." Daesung gave me a slight nudge.

"Not now, I'm busy Dae." I shut him off; I shut everyone off ever since I'm home. I couldn't focus at all. All that's going through my mind is how is she feeling right now. Betrayed? Is she going to hate me? Never gonna talk to me again? Is she out of my life already? My heart ache a little thinking about all the unwanted possibilities, I gripped onto my phone tighter, getting increasingly anxious as time pass.

"Hyung, if she means something to you, don't stay here and wait." Daesung commented.

I turned to him, eyebrow cocked; surprised that he knew what's going on. Then again, Daesung has always been the most observant one among us, he's that friend who will always know what's up and always manage to know the right words to say. Daesung definitely beats me at being the eldest.

"How did you-"

"Because this is the first time I'm seeing a change in you, a good change. You actually care about this girl, then go and make things right. Don't just sit here and wait because time doesn’t wait. And you might actually care about her more than your toys." He answered with a cheeky smile before I could even complete my question; it's like as though he knew exactly what I'm about to ask.  His words are like a wake up call. I stood up immediately, rushed into my room and put on a jacket.

"Thanks Dae." I smiled and gave him a pat at the back for being such a good brother. Before I dashed out of the house, I pointed at him, "and some of them are limited edition okay!" But she's the one and only, my mind said.

This is the 3rd time I'm pressing the call button on my phone. I have never felt the need to explain things so badly before, I have always left things hanging or I’ll just let it go because it's never worth my time. I have never called a girl more than once before, it's usually the other way round. This is love huh? It really changes you and when you love someone, you cannot just stop caring, and sometimes you care so much that it drives you nuts.

5th time now and she's not picking up, I doubt she intends to either. The only way is to go right to her place and explain it to her in person. I was planning out my speech while I'm on the way to her place when I heard a click on the phone. She finally picked up the phone. , my speech is not complete yet.  "Hello?" 

"Heejin? Listen to me, give me a chance to explain myself please." I said in a hurry, afraid that she will hang up the phone upon hearing my voice.

"This is not Heejin, but I'm guessing you're the new mysterious guy right?" I can hear her sigh from the other end, "Call me a good friend, but you can find her at her usual place if you know where it is. Good luck!"

"I'm on my way. Thank you." With that I ended the phone call with her friend. Her usual place. I started wondering where did she mean when I remembered that night in the club when we bumped into each other. Not too sure if that's her usual place, but I'm just going to give it a shot.

 

Author's POV

The pain came rushing back. Being lied to, getting my own feelings toyed. Is this what I get from those guys I played with in the past? If that's the case, what do I need to do in order to redeem myself?

I exited the ladies and went back to our table only to find my friend missing. She's probably having fun with someone new, I thought to myself. We've always played our games separately, only when we need to get some annoying guys off our backs then we'll help each other out or else it's always about the fun.

Realizing my phone was missing I start searching around the area and finally found it stuck in between the seats. 0 notification. I sighed to myself. He probably gave up since he's not even serious in the first place. A mixture of hurt and rage hit me, reminding myself how stupid I was to fall for his tricks.

Tears threatened to make their way out again; I grabbed any glass within my sight and down it to force them back. Before I know, I was at my 5th glass, I think. Slowly, I'm being absorbed into the music, totally forgetting about the pain before. Guys started gathering around me, trying to hit on me.

"Hey y, will you let me buy you a drink?" One of the guys finally got the courage to ask. I scoffed, one of the most common pick up lines in clubs. "How about you stop spoiling my fun?" I wasn't in the mood to play with any guys tonight, I just wanted to drink and enjoy the loud music to distract me and allowing me to have a better sleep tonight.

"Playing hard to get I see? I'll take up the challenge." He smirked. In no time, his hands tried to sneak around my waist that I managed to push away. Turned off at how persistent they are, I left the dance floor.

I was beside the bar counter, ready to end the night when I got stopped by someone that grabbed my wrist. “Leaving already?” I turned around, and immediately rolled my eyes after seeing that it’s the guy from the dance floor earlier.

“I don’t think I need your permission for that right?” I asked, sarcastically.

“Feisty. Now that you’ve gotten my attention, you’re not leaving just yet, not until I’m done with you.” His words scared me. I was a regular of this club, but I have never met someone as persistent as him. Guys in the clubs usually take rejections very well but i guess his ego is much bigger than most guys then.

Or maybe because I’ve stopped clubbing for some time, people are different now. He’s not possibly going to me right? It’s impossible with so many people around. He started dragging me towards the toilet and I know this isn’t going to end well. I tried to struggle for my escape but it only causes him to tighten his grip on my wrist.

“Let me go! Let me go!” I yelled, starting to panic knowing that my strength can never be won against a man of his size. My screaming for help isn’t of any use either, people in the club are assuming that I’m the drunken girl that my ‘friend’ is trying to take care of. Phone, phone, where's my phone?! I searched for my phone frantically with my other free hand.

I quickly searched for Seunghyun's number, but before I could even click call he snatched away my phone, "You are one sneaky huh." "Let go!" I continued struggling.

"Let go of her."

It’s that voice, that familiar voice. My head slowly turned back hoping that it's the voice I've been longing to hear, and it was.

"Dude, mind your own business, she's just drunk." The stranger said, annoyed by the fact that someone interrupted his fun.

"She's mine." Seunghyun said. The stranger got taken aback and embarrassed with his own actions, "Whatever man." He swung off my hand and walked off, obviously pissed about the whole situation. I suddenly felt small in front of Seunghyun, felt relieved and happy at the same time that he came to look for me, that he came to save me. She's mine. I remembered the way he said it, a smile starting to form as my lips curved up.

It was a slight smile, but it dropped immediately when I remembered again what happened between us earlier in the day. Maybe he just happens to come back to his regular club for drinks or to have some fun with other girls, I thought. I got even angrier thinking that he was looking for flings already. There's no way he would know that I'm here. Still feeling giddy from the amount of alcohol I drank, I walked past Seunghyun as if he was invisible.

He grabbed my wrist when I was a few steps ahead of him and he pulled me out of the club hastily. I tried to swing off his grip on my wrist but his hold was firm.

"Heejin, we need to talk." He pleaded.

"No, I know everything and I know what-"

"No you don't! Just listen to me for once!" He exclaimed, cutting me off. I got a shock when he raised his voice, i looked at him and he looked desperate. I looked down and sighed.

"Why? Please, just let me explain things." He begged. "It hurts." I said, looking at my wrist that was tightly squeezed by him and I can see my skin has turned red. His eyes immediately followed mine and when he saw my redden skin, his grip loosened. Instead of letting go, he held up my hand and started blowing air on the skin for it to cool down.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know-" He apologized and looked up at me but his words stopped when he saw tears filling up my eyes. He immediately cupped my cheeks while I tried to look away, "hey hey where does it hurt? Did he hurt you? I swear I'm going to ki-" he ranted

"Everything." I said coldly, eyes avoiding his. He was confused at first, when he finally understood what I meant, without any hesitation he pulled me in. "I'm sorry Heejin, I really am, I swear things are not what you thought it is, I'm sorry that I've hurt you." He continued apologizing while hugging me even tighter. Even if I want to stay mad at him, I can't. When he hugged me, it was as though all my anger vanished almost instantly. I closed my eyes, letting myself drown with his scent and warmth.

He decided to send me home so we could talk privately and at least he knows I'm safe. I changed into comfortable clothes and sat beside him on the couch. He turned slightly so that he's facing me, while my legs were crossed silently fiddling with my fingers. He started explaining about his past, and slowly feeding me with more information about his personal life. He explained the relationship he had with Tina and I would be lying if I said I wasn't jealous at all about his past flings with all those girls.

"But things have changed now, because I met you." He said and our eyes locked.

"I don't know if you still want to be with me after everything but I hope you could give me another chance, give us another shot. I don't know what have you done to me, but I'm different now. I have never felt anxious waiting for a call from a girl before, I have never begged any girl for another chance before. I don't care about those girls, even if they were to walk out of my life, it doesn't affect me at all. But you, Heejin, definitely changed every aspect of that." It was like a major confession to me, I couldn't look away from him, even if he wasn't truthful at the start I know that whatever he said was the truth because that is exactly what is happening to me.

"I...I don't know..." Stupid. I mentally cursed myself for saying that. I've received all kinds of confessions from guys before but this is the first confession that actually pulled my heartstring, and out of a sudden i became dumb.

"They say that when it's real, you can't walk away. And I can't, can you?" He intertwined our hands and asked. I thought for a while, and I realized that I can't either. I looked down and shook my head, earning a smile from him. He then lifted up my chin lightly, forcing me to look at him and as he leaned in closer my eyes widened in shock, not really prepared for this.

"Wait." I said, causing him to pause his tracks. His eyebrows frowned, probably thinking that I'm starting to change my mind. As he slowly retreats, I said, "I'm serious about this, are you?" That's when he smirked and replied, "Never been this serious before." And he crashed his lips against mine, and in no time it became more passionate throughout the night.