New Target

Player

 

Yawn. If I knew the crowd was going to be like this, I would have gladly stayed at home. I looked around the club hoping that maybe, amongst these pool of heads, there would be one that I could go home with. But none suffices. Nobody looked interesting. Everybody was just being ing annoying tonight.

It took me six hey handsome what do you say if I buy you a drink? and another three you look like you need company mind if I sit here? before I realize Jiyong was missing. I left for the dance floor thinking there was no other place Jiyong would be at when I heard noises from a corner. That better not be Jiyong but the sudden shouting told me otherwise. I waved for the other boys to come over when I saw the former in what seemed like an argument with a few other people.

“Who the hell are you?! I could easily crush you based on your size!” I heard a guy’s voice as he strutted towards Jiyong while clenching his fist as if ready to throw punches.

“No, I don’t think so, you’ve got to deal with us first. Dae, get her out of here, we’ll be out in a minute.” I stood up front and cracked my neck, loosening up my muscles and all prepared for a fight. The other guy got hit pretty badly and let’s just say no one should ever mess with my friends if you don’t want such consequences to happen to you.

In the midst of everything my mind kept going to the girl I asked Daesung to bring out of the club and damn him for getting to her first. She was really pretty.

 

With months that have passed, the girl from the club and everyone started getting really close. Her name was Jae and I’d like to think whatever fight that happened then was maybe a blessing in disguise. Daesung asked her to be his date for prom, and it was their prom but apparently the boys and I were dragged along for this event. I never understood the need for such occasions where everybody’s just going to regret ten years down the road but he begged for us to come as well.

I chose to stand at the far corner of the grand hall to avoid these hormonal couples but I was still surrounded by them everywhere I turned. With a cup of weirdly taste fruit drink in my hand, I began to ponder over how boring my life has become after my last girlfriend. Girlfriend, yeah, if that's what you could call her. I don’t miss her. no. She was too clingy and unreasonable but she was definitely good in bed. I guess I just miss having someone around. The guys would label me as a playboy but I beg to differ.

“Jae! Over here!” All heads shot towards Daesung’s sudden exclamation and turned towards the direction he was looking at.

My eyes widened when I saw the girl standing next to Jae. She was beautiful and different. Dark and messy hair that made me wonder what it would feel like as I slide the strands in between my fingers. Red and pouty lips that made me wonder what it would taste like as I crash mine against hers. She was extremely, honestly distracting. And I like distracting.

That was when I decided to make her my new target.

 

HeeJin's POV

It was as though adrenaline was filled in my body. I was excited for my cousin’s prom and judging from her expressions alone, I could tell I was far more thrilled than her. I never turn down such events; clubs, parties, gatherings, and even the smallest get-togethers. If there were people, I would be there. Party animal, they say. I say maybe I just like to socialize. A lot. And why would anybody not go to events where there would be good looking guys to feast your eyes on?

“Jae, it’s your prom, it wouldn’t hurt you to look a little bit eager, you know? It’s not a funeral, Jesus.” As we were walking through the door I heard a voice shouting my cousin’s name. My eyes darted through the crowd and they instantly laid on this group of rather dashing guys. One of them had his eyes on my lips and the egotistical side of me would say that he was definitely checking me out. His hair was a light brunette, and that was all I could take for the moment as I didn’t want to be caught staring. But from what I could see from the corner of my eyes he was certainly breath-taking.

And that was enough to make me consider him as my new target.