Ruining Me

Player

 

With my feet tapping on the pavement, I let my eyes scan through the crowd, hoping to see that one person I had been waiting for. I was filled with every possible unknown emotions, and as I stood outside this shopping mall, I basked in these feelings I haven’t felt in a really long time.

“Hey.”

I slightly jumped in shock, hands immediately placed on my chest calming the insane beating of my heart. The whisper was soft, only audible for me but the way it was whispered… oh dear. Even before turning I knew who it was, I could tell from that deep tone. I just didn’t know that my heart rate would increase even more rapidly when I finally turned to meet his face.

“Jesus, don’t scare me like that again!” I raised my voice and started inhaling deep breaths, hoping to get the message across that I was genuinely surprised but it only caused him to laugh. I do have a weak heart. Especially when Seunghyun is involved. “This isn’t funny, T.O.P. I could have gotten a heart attack, I could have died, and then this date would get really messy,” I exaggerated while giving him a cold, hard stare.

Just when my heart was calming itself, it began to beat even more crazily when he inched closer, slowly reducing the gaps between our bodies. “I’m sorry, is there anything I could do to make it up to you?” . . . Say something, Heejin. Say something. “I-I’m good. Just stop with those silly puppy eyes,” I finally said and hastily walked away trying to avoid any eye contact. Like a devil, he deeply chuckled at the back as though telling me he was winning in some unspecified competition between us.

 

We were walking around pretty aimlessly, talking and play fighting when I saw a record store and decided to drag him in. I obviously didn’t make a mistake in doing so because his face instantly lit up. For a moment I felt jealous knowing I couldn’t make him smile like that but a record store could. And then I realized how stupid it was to feel like that.

The store was segmented by the different genres of music and as we strolled through each aisle, Seunghyun shared his intense passion for music and I got so absorbed in the conversation. He’s the sort of person who can easily convince others that dreams need to be pursued and it will be fulfilled one day. And the way he conveys has better effect than the movies in Disney Channel nowadays.

“I’m looking forward to seeing your CDs here, right at this aisle, and I’ll purchase every single album and listen to them every day,” I casually commented while staring at the different range.

“Why would you do that?”

“Why not?” I simply asked, smiling. Oh there’s that smirk again.

“Why would you do that when I could rap live to you, every day?”

Damn, he’s good. Why am I only letting him to get to me now when I could do so much better in the past? I scoffed and rolled my eyes at his cheesiness, yet the small smile formed on my lips was hard to be wiped off. I mean, come on, with that face combined with those cheesy words spoken with such voice, anything coming out from his mouth sound equally magical. That I have to admit.

 

“Seunghyun! Oh, my god!!” My words came out as an unintentional shriek when I saw a pet store. I left him and ran in the shop, instantaneously falling in love with all of these goddamn adorable puppies. I’ve always wanted to keep one and pretend it’s my child, but Jae never allowed me to, reminding me how I can’t take proper care of myself, so let alone a pet.

I picked up a small Japanese Spitz and sat down mumbling words to this fluffy thing that I myself couldn’t decipher. I felt the other side of the couch sink but I was too engrossed with this little pup. There’s something about small dogs and the way they make me utter strings of nonsense.

Seunghyun scooted closer and my body began to tense up again. Before I had the time to react, I suddenly felt something warm on my right cheek. He kissed my face. He randomly kissed my face. What. Do. I. Do. My eyes widened and I blinked multiple times, not knowing the reason behind his action. His sudden sweet action. And only now I realized the puppy was long gone.

“You’re much cuter than the puppy.” . Stop. At this rate, I might be falling even deeper than what I have planned to. Words failing me, I only managed to clear my throat and that itself earned a huge smile from him.

 

I stood in front of the cinema, eyes scanning through the screen for any movies that might interest the both of us. “Oh! Let’s watch this!” I pointed at the monitor, smiling widely and hoping to get an approval from him.

“Nah,” he monotonously mumbled.

“Why not?! It’s Anne Hathaway!” I pouted at his straight rejection.

“Because Anne Hathaway would be a good reason for me to see you tomorrow.”

Seunghyun – 4. Heejin – 0.

He grinned, soft and delicate fingers touching the corner of my lips as though trying to bring it to a smile. I nodded shyly, more butterflies forming in my stomach just thinking about tomorrow’s date when today has yet to end.

 

Seunghyun's POV

Today’s date was my idea and yet again I was running late. I didn’t have any intention to, of course. I just didn’t know figuring out what to wear would cause me so much trouble. My entire wardrobe was sprawled all over the room, my hair refused to cooperate and I had to restart over and over again. I wanted to look good for Heejin. I don’t remember behaving this way towards anybody but Heejin… man, Heejin makes me giddy.

I began to perspire. The weather was close to hell and I just had to pick out a black pullover. As I was quickening my pace towards our meeting point, there was this unfamiliar anxious feeling tugging me. Maybe I was nervous to meet her for the first time after that night, or maybe it was Heejin’s really y back view that I saw from afar. I slowed down my speed and childish thoughts began forming in my head.

“Hey,” I sighed into her ear, at the same time blowing warm air just slightly above her jawline. That made her scared less but her reaction was too cute. It was only till she addressed me as ‘T.O.P’ that I stopped sniggering for she only uses that when she’s upset with me over something. But who could deny such an adorable face?

“I’m sorry, is there anything I could do to make it up to you?” And suddenly our faces were a mere inches apart and I was resisting hard to not taste those lips again. She seemed bewildered and the next thing I knew, she walked off while stuttering incoherent words. I was definitely making her nervous and I laughed to myself at this thought. After that night it feels as though Heejin has changed 360 degrees. I first knew her as this tough person who has built a wall so thick around her heart, and now that we are dating she has become this bundle of shyness and if it’s possible, it makes her even more beautiful than before.

Dating? Are we officially dating?

 

We were having a silly debate on the structure of the mall and why it was built in such a way when Heejin grabbed me to the record store we almost walked past. It made me smile knowing how she remembered my love for music when we had that one conversation over at Jiyong’s place. Unknowingly I started pouring out my entire dream of being in this industry to her. She listened as I talked, and I watched as she listened, taking in every movement that she made, from the way she eagerly nodded in understanding to the way she touched my arm as though telling me that I will make it in this industry. What she didn’t realize though was how she was ruining me, how she changed me to be this Seunghyun I didn’t even know existed. And as much as how I didn’t want to admit it, I very much like how the tables have turned.

 

The moment we stepped out, I continued with the very same debate on the mall until I heard a shriek and realize I had been walking alone the entire time. As I turned towards the odd loud noise I spot her running into a pet store. Shaking my head, I walked towards the shop after her and the sight that followed had reduced me to a puddle. She was beaming. Running through every single corner and waving to every single animal she ran past, she looked beyond happy and the thought of having the chance to witness this face everyday send a jolt of good dizziness through my body.

I let my body relax on the couch beside her and realized that the way she was looking at the white puppy was probably the same way I had been staring at her, smiles never really leaving our faces. She’s beautiful. You know how some people tend to speak before thinking? I did the same, only instead of speaking I decided to lean closer and let my lips brush against her soft rosy cheeks.

“You’re much cuter than the puppy, “ I commented. She only managed to clear seconds later, making me smile even wider at the sight of her feeling extremely bashful. Yeah, she’s definitely beautiful.

 

I couldn’t stop looking at her, my eyes simply didn’t want to look at any other things. Heejin is like a magnet, I refuse to go any other way. I usually don’t react like this but then again, I have never been in this situation. And just like that, my life had taken a happy turn.

“Oh! Let’s watch this!” Heejin excitedly said, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Nah," I shrugged.

"Why not?! It’s Anne Hathaway!" She whined softly, arms crossing while letting out an irritated huff.

“Because Anne Hathaway would be a good reason for me to see you tomorrow,” I finished, smirking at my sudden level of confidence. I brought my fingers to her lips, hoping to get back that smile I fell in love with at the pet store.

You are definitely ruining me, Heejin.

 

A/N: I haven't updated in almost a month! I wrote this chapter a while back but the co-author's been too caught up with school and work hkjdhkjshdjhfjf sorry :( I hope you're still reading this fic! If you do, please drop a comment on what you think of the story! Has it been okay so far? And maybe what you think/hope that could come out of this pairing. I might consider writing them in the subsequent chapters! :D