Oppa

Player

You know that feeling when you're with someone you really like, you can ignore the world and just let yourself enjoy whatever time you have with that person? Whenever I'm with Seunghyun, i have zero tendency to check my phone, i don't even feel bored whenever I'm with him. I will always reach home with missed calls and text messages from my party friends, constantly bugging me to make my appearance in the night life again.

Even a simple dinner can put a smile on my face that is able to last for a week. We are at a korean restaurant right now, since both of us are craving for some korean food. He's not the typical guy who pull off gentleman actions, for instance, pulling out your chair for you or peeling prawn shells for you. But this is what i like about him, being comfortable.

We are comfortable with each other, there isn't a need for us to try to pull actions like these to impress each other. 

"I'm starving." He groaned as he flipped through the menu pages and scanned through it with lightning speed.

"Me too."

"Let's order everything, i feel like i could eat the whole kitchen." I laughed at his exaggeration, his eyes are glued onto the menu, he must be really starving.

The waitress came over to take our orders and seems like she couldn't take her eyes off Seunghyun, because when i was ordering my food she had no eye contact with me at all. Even when she repeats the orders, she was actually repeating it to Seunghyun. This is understandable, he's like those incredibly hot guys who magically pops out from a magazine.

"Are you jealous?" He asked, with that smirk plastered on his face.

"About??" For a moment, i honestly didn't know what was that question for. He didn't answer me and that smirk was still intact, which made me finally realize what he was referring to.

"Why would I?" I scoffed. I wasn't jealous, i was more amazed and amused by the fact that random strangers get attracted to him that easily. I noticed a slight change in his expression, is he disappointed by my reaction or am i thinking too much? He shouldn't have any difficulties getting girls, the queue is long enough for him to pick any that he likes. This trigger my thoughts, why would he pick me out of all the girls he could get?

Beautiful hot models, y air stwardess and girls that are really hard for guys to get wouldn't be much of a problem for him, let alone an average looking girl like me. All of a sudden, i felt inferior, I felt that he's too good for me. He deserves someone who is able to match up the visuals. , this thought has never ever occur to me before whenever i dated other guys.

I always thought that those guys are lucky to even talk to me, and they probably saved the king their previous life to even be able to date me. But Seunghyun, he's just someone that has this really special charm that can be suffocating at times. My mind once again filled with random questions, is he really serious about being with me?

And how i wish that i didn't have all these useless thoughts because it seems that god is not satisfied with my low self-esteem and confidence level, he decided to reveal the answers to my questions.

"Normally girls would feel jealous when-"

"Oppa?!"

I felt goosebumps all over my body, that pitch, that tone, definitely the kind of girls who have no shame about themselves. His sentence got cut off by this girl who came over to our table with that whiny voice. He turned around since he was back facing the girl who's walking over, while i tilt my head a little to the side to see who does that annoying voice belongs to.

The moment he saw her, he stood up instantly with an expression that i can't decipher.

"Oppa!" That voice rang loudly once more. They definitely know each other. She speed towards him and threw a hug at him which he reluctantly returned.

"How long has it been! I've missed you so so much! Why didn't you call me back?" She hooked onto his arm tightly, whining and twirling around emitting maximum aegyo.

"This is HeeJin." He cleared his throat and introduced me. He appears to be rather uneasy with her which sparked a lot of questions in my head. I stood up and bowed politely, my body froze at 90degrees after hearing her respond.

"She's your new ?"

I looked up at the both of them, my eyes naturally staring at their arms still interlocking with each other. I faked a smile and excused myself to the washroom but i made sure my pace to the washroom was slow enough to be able to catch the next few sentences, "So, what do you say? My place tonight? Or yours?" I turned back a little and saw that she was whispering into his ears with a naughty smirk on her face but her eyes were fixed on me.

She knew i was listening and she's acting this intimate with him on purpose making sure that I was able to hear their conversation loud and clear. I'm not going to let some random girl get to me, she's probably some girl in the club that failed to get any action from Seunghyun, he's not the playboy sort and i know that. He's definitely not the typical kind of guys who put on a fake front just to get laid.

 

 

Images of him standing up for me in front of my ex, Yonghwa are still fresh as though it happened yesterday. Those images are trying to remind me that he's different from those other guys, he didn't despise me, neither did he judge me nor pulling stunts to get me to have with him. Just promise me, promise that we will be honest with each other from now on. We promised each other, and i trust him as well as myself.

I splashed a handful of water onto my face to energize myself as though it's gonna be a competition out there later on.

"You might have him on your bed tonight, but tomorrow onwards I'm getting him back." I turned towards the voice, and saw her leaning against the door with her arms crossed.

"We are not having that sort of relationship, Seunghyun is not someone like that either. Stop insulting him as well as yourself." I turned away and continued washing my hands hoping that if i ignored her she would eventually give up and leave.

"Are you for real?!" She burst out laughing. I shot a glance at her with one side of my brows lifted up, perplexed over the reason behind her laughter.

"Don't tell me you think that he's a sweet loving caring boyfriend whom you can settle down for marriage and have kids and live happily ever after?" She chuckled between her words. "I can't believe it. He actually made you believe that?! Wow he's really up for challenges." She stood beside me and did some touching up to her already thick make-up.

"You look like you have no idea what's going on, I'm just gonna be frank. Seunghyun and i hooked up a couple of times, I'm always the one he looks for whenever he gets bored with his current girl. He's what girls would love to have, be it or something more we are more than happy just to be with him even if it's just a night, because he's that guy every girl would want to bring around showing off like a trophy. I mean c'mon, look at him, you should feel that way too right?" She stopped putting on her lipstick, waiting for my answer. 

I don't know how to react or what to say, not only do i not know what to say, my body doesn't know how to move, my heart doesn't know what to feel either. Everything feels so jumbled up, anger, disappointed, betrayed, all sorts of negative feelings are overwhelming and there's this small part of me that refuse to believe whatever she said. I was spending all that silence taking in all those new information about the guy out there that i've already fallen in love with.

"Whatever it is, I'm getting him back so you only have tonight left." I heard a twist on the knob, but i wasn't looking at her, i was just staring blankly or perhaps I'm still in disbelief, "By the way, it's always a competition when it comes to Seunghyun. Good luck." She said, with a slight pull of the door she's out of the washroom and I'm back to complete silence. I used these time alone to ponder, what if what she said was the truth? Am i dating someone all these while looking for from me?

 

 

Maybe he's not the same anymore, maybe he used to be what she said but that was all in the past. Maybe he was only bad to her, that's why she's saying all these stuff to come in between us. Maybe he hurt her so she's taking revenge. It may seem that i was trying to create as many excuses possible but i refuse to believe her words, not when i felt something more during our dates. The feeling was mutual, it wasn't one sided, or was it?

I walked out silently, finally convinced myself that whatever she said was crap in order to spoil our relationship just because she's jealous of not being able to have him. But the scene in front of me proved me wrong. Her hands were wrapped around his neck while his hands were holding onto her waist, there is almost zero gap in between them and she kept planting kisses all over his face.

My jaw dropped watching those two behaving that way publicly in a restaurant. It's disgusting, how she threw herself onto him that way, literally. I've seen such girls in the clubs but i didn't know they are able to behave like this without the help of alcohol. I'm going to throw up, even when there's nothing in my stomach. I'm disgusted by her, by the both of them, and most of all disgusted by myself. How did i not realize all along that he's just a douchebag?

"I'm sorry, I got to go." I grabbed my bag and was out of the restaurant within seconds, not wanting to witness any further PDA. Tears welled up in my eyes, blurring my vision ahead but I'm not stopping. All these while, I'm being treated as one of those s he hooked up before. I was just a game to him. Is this what i get from toying around with other guys in the past? When i finally decided to break down those walls and let someone into my heart, turns out he's just another one that would break it and cause more hurt than ever.

Karma is really a .

"Heejin!" I can hear him shouting for me but that only made me quicken my pace. I can no longer stand the sight of him. I don't want to hear any more lies from him after what we promised each other from the start. I was the only one being serious in this relationship all this while, stupid, naive, words that are hitting me without any mercy.

I feel embarrassed, even after knowing the truth, i still wish that he would keep me by his side, i still wish that he would tell me that he has feelings for me. Like what she said, he's the guy every girl would want to show off to the world, but he's not someone i want to show off, he's someone that i want to be with after all these while.

"Heejin! Wait up!" His voice getting nearer, footsteps within hearing distance.

He grabbed hold of my wrist and spin me around immediately. I knew it was him, but i kept my head down, i don't want him to see me crying, i don't want him to have anything about me to laugh at, or tell his friends how silly i am to fall into his trap. "Hey.. Listen, things are not what it looks like." He was panting from chasing after me. 

"No." My voice trembling but i tried my best to sound alright. He's gonna start lying to me again? I need to stop this right now, because i don't think i would be strong enough to walk away from him, from his lies.

"We are the same, aren't we?" I laughed, sarcastically. Laughing at how stupid i was to believe that he has feelings for me, laughing at how i managed to fall so fast for him, laughing at the fact that he's actually better in this game than me.

"We both are players, you knew i was a player yet you stayed because you are one too, it was interesting isn't it? It was fun to see who's the better player." My tears are falling uncontrollably by now. "I lost okay Seunghyun. I've developed feelings for you. I'm done with this game, you better get back to her because I'm quitting." I clenched my fist tightly so that I'm able to divert the pain I'm feeling in my heart onto my hands.

I ran off quickly before he even had time to say anything else. I hailed a cab immediately before he has enough time to hold me back, not leaving any pride for me. I released all my tears once i got on the cab, and i knew that this is the start of a rough night for me.

 

------------

A/N: I'm sorry guys this took so long! I was really busy with work and life basically. But now I'm back and will update often! Keep the comments coming to let me know how you feel about the story!! :)