Transformation Spark.

He's Not A Monster
"You sound like an overly jealous boyfriend. But if that makes you feel better, then sure, I'll stay away from him." I grinned.
 
 
 
 
 
The next few days were spent normally.
 
We went to school, hung out, and played.
 
Jiyong was still down about the whole 'clan fiasco', but Seunghyun and myself would make him forget about it once in a while.
 
However, Jiyong came over to my house unexpectedly and uninvitedly on a Saturday afternoon.
 
"Let's go out," he exclaimed as he shook off my blanket from my body and jumped on my bed.
 
I groaned and swatted his legs with all my energy.
 
He stopped bouncing but instead, he hugged me tightly while shaking left and right.
 
When he decided that I was not responding to him, he huffed in annoyance.
 
I was about to fall back into slumber when I felt something gliding under my knee and shoulder.
 
Before I could process the situation, I was lifted and brought over to my washroom, where Jiyong placed me on my feet.
 
I glared at the boy and was about to speak my mind when he did the unexpected.
 
He bent down and gave a kiss to my forehead with a smile before he said, "Take a quick shower and dress lightly. I'll be waiting at your doorstep."
 
Giving a pat on my head, he left my room floating.
 
---
 
"What do you want to watch?" Jiyong jerked his head to the panel of promoted shows.
 
I pursed my lips in thought before I pointed to 'Oblivion'.
 
Jiyong pouted, "Aw man. I wanted to watch Warm Bodies."
 
"Then why did you ask me in the first place?" I sighed.
 
"Because I wanted to see if you had the same thinking as me. I thought you loved romance comedy movies?"
 
"Action movies are always better. And I only want to watch romance movies in the cinema if I were with my boyfriend. It won't be as fun if I'm with my best friend."
 
Jiyong seemed a little troubled by my reasoning but he insisted his choice would be better.
 
In the end, I gave up and followed his choice because he was paying for everything.
 
Satisfied, Jiyong ushered us to our seats with the popcorn and drinks in his arms.
 
We waited as the commercials were being played before the start of the movie.
 
Since we bought the only two tickets available, we were stuck between other couples and friends.
 
I shifted closer to Jiyong as the group of boys beside me kept moving about wildly, throwing playful insults at each other.
 
Jiyong seemed to do the same as we both knocked our shoulders on each other.
 
"Mian, the guy beside me keeps leaning back." I said.
 
He nodded, "The group of girls beside me are talking quite loudly."
 
We exchanged dirty faces with each other before everyone started to quiet down.
 
We both stifled our laughter as the lights dimmed and the movie began.
 
 
 
Halfway through the movie, I guess the group of boys got bored of the plot and so they decided to make fun of the male lead.
 
It would have been fine if they were just whispering amongst themselves, but they were being really loud and they kept imitating and over exaggerating the character's movements.
 
This made me frown and shuffle even closer to Jiyong, who naturally wrapped his arm around my shoulder to keep me away from them.
 
Soon, the group of rowdy boys were kicked out of the theatre.
 
However both Jiyong and myself did not move from our position because it got comfortable for us.
 
My body heat went up when the main lead kissed the girl, making me shift out of embarrassment.
 
Jiyong cleared his throat.
 
"(_____)-ah." He breathed.
 
I turned to face him, his head looking down as he bit his lip.
 
He swallowed hesitantly before making eye contact.
 
"I.. I uhhm.." He repeatedly open and close his mouth as though the words were fighting to come out.
 
My eyebrows furrowed, "You..?"
 
Jiyong's grip on my shoulder tightened as he brought us closer.
 
Before anything could be registered, I felt something pressed onto my lips.
 
The feeling left as quickly as it came.
 
He had pulled back and I could faintly see the blush on his cheek.
 
"Sorry," he mumbled.
 
"Nehh?" I choked on the breath I had been holding.
 
Jiyong scratched the back of his head and looked around as everyone started walking out of the theatre as it screened the credits.
 
I then realized that the show had ended.
 
We both stood up and awkwardly glanced at each other.
 
"Let's go." Jiyong led the way out and we both walked into a ddeokbokki store for food.
 
It was a silent understanding between the both of us that neither wanted to bring up the scene that had been replaying in our minds just moments ago.
 
After settling ourselves in the restaurant and giving our orders, we both talked about school and the rumors that have been spreading.
 
There was this queenka in our school that claimed she had slept with Jiyong and now every one of the prettier girls are trying to get in his pants while the guys are praising him for being able to bang the queenka.
 
"Funny how she said you two slept together on saturday when you, Seunghyun Oppa and myself know that we were all sleeping in the forest after finding your clan."
 
We both cracked up even more.
 
I wiped a tear that had rolled out as I tried to catch my breath between the laughter.
 
Jiyong slowly stopped, making me subconsciously do the same.
 
"What if I did sleep with some random girl before? Would you be mad at me?" He questioned with a serious face.
 
'Not mad, but heartbroken.'
 
I unsurely shook my head, "Not really. Maybe just upset that you didn't tell me anything about it."
 
"Really?" He asked again.
 
His facial expression told me he was a little disappointed with my answer.
 
"Actually I.."
 
'Say it (_____)-ah! Come on just tell him how you feel! It's your chance!'
 
I swallowed a lump of saliva, "I'd feel.. H-Hea.."
 
'SAY IT!'
 
"Heartbroken." I spilled out with my eyes tightly shut.
 
Taking a peek from one eye, I saw Jiyong staring at me with wide eyes.
 
Seconds had passed by and I was about to regret my words when a smile broke out of Jiyong's stiff face.
 
"You'd feel heartbroken? Why?"
 
"Because I like you dummy." I mumbled.
 
"You like me too?" He breathed.
 
This time, I was confused.
 
"Too?"
 
Jiyong bit his lip, "Yeah."
 
My eyebrows furrowed, "I'm not catching your words. What do you mean 'too'?"
 
He scratched his head.
 
"What I mean is.. I've liked you for quite some time now, (_____)-ah. And now you've told me you like me back.."
 
"But --"
 
Jiyong's phone went off right when I was about to speak.
 
He picked up the call.
 
"Seunghyun Hyung?"
 
I watched as his face went from surprised to angry.
 
"You're telling me that they are right now in my house because they stalked me home that night?!" He half-screamed into the receiver.
 
"Alright Hyung I'm coming back home now."
 
"What is it?" I asked.
 
He sighed, "We have to go to my apartment right now. Jerkjoong and his brothers are there."
 
---
 
"What. Are. You. Doing?" Jiyong hissed, glaring at the brothers.
 
Kibum and Jonghyun were rummaging through his wardrobe and Ryeowook and Junsu were looking through his DVD collection while Jaejoong and Seunghyun were chatting on his sofa.
 
I held Jiyong back when I thought he was about to punch someone.
 
He lightly pulled away from my grasp and walked into his kitchen.
 
Jaejoong smiled at me before walking past me to get to the kitchen too.
 
I debated over checking on them but decided not to when Seunghyun called me to sit beside him.
 
"What are they doing here?"
 
Seunghyun shrugged.
 
"What were you doing with Jiyong?"
 
"We were just hanging out.." I mumbled, trying to keep my blush at bay.
 
"Mhm.. Hanging out huh." He gave a knowing smile.
 
I lightly nudged him and was about to respond when Jaejoong walked briskly to my other side and took a seat beside me.
 
"So how have you been?" He asked, smiling sweetly.
 
"I've been well, thanks. Erm, so what about you?"
 
He gently leaned forward, "It was okay. But I really wish you would've come by again."
 
I gave a small smile as I replied, "Maybe next time."
 
Jiyong trudged out the kitchen and paused, eyeing Jaejoong.
 
He then briskly walked in front of Jaejoong and pointed at him.
 
"Move." He curtly ordered.
 
I furrowed my eyebrows, "Don't be rude to your guest."
 
He was about to scold me when Jaejoong held an arm out.
 
"It's okay, (_____)-sshi. I know when I'm not wanted." He smirked at Jiyong.
 
Jiyong glared back and took the seat Jaejoong was in.
 
"I wish we hadn't met them," he grumbled, leaning onto my shoulder.
 
Seunghyun chuckled, "I've got to hand it to them though, they're really keen on making you transform as fast as possible."
 
"They don't even know what's the one thing that would spark my transformation."
 
I tilted my head in confusion.
 
"Spark your transformation?"
 
Jiyong nodded, "They said every wolf is unique in its transformation as not one wolf has the same transformation spark. It could be anything, or anyone. It's supposed to glow in their presence."
 
"Then how do you transform?" I asked.
 
"Apparently there needs to be a ritual. As long as they find whatever it is that glows in front of me, we just need to be out in the full moon while they say some magical spell that would 'awaken' the beast in me."
 
Seunghyun added, "Yeah. They also said that whatever the transformation spark is has a definite meaning to what kind of wolf he turns out to be. I heard Ryeowook's spark was his grandmother's wedding ring, that's why he's very affectionate towards his brothers."
 
"So if the sparkly thingy happens to be Seunghyun Oppa's Nike Air present then does that mean Jiyong's gonna keep running the rest of his life?" I chortled.
 
"It's not funny. And it's not a 'sparkly thing', it's called the 'Transformation Spark'." Jiyong whined.
 
The five brothers were suddenly standing in the middle of the living room in a tight circle, discussing something.
 
We stared at them and waited for the circle to break.
 
Jaejoong nodded to his brother's words.
 
They slowly reached an agreement before they turned to face us.
 
"We've decided to to let you stay here for another week even though you've come across some other clans and it wouldn't be safe or wise for you to stay long but we don't have a choice because we need to find that spark. So we'll have to keep coming here every day without fail to look for it. Of course, you will have to be here too because it will only glow in your presence." Jaejoong spoke, directing it to Jiyong.
 
Jiyong's eyes widened, "What?! You're gonna be here from now on?! Aish really."
 
Seunghyun reached over and lightly squeezed his shoulder while I grabbed his hand to calm him down.
 
"Come on Oppa, It's only for a week. If you really hate it so much, Seunghyun Oppa and I will come everyday too."
 
He seemed more relaxed after that and nodded.
 
"Fine, but the two of you HAVE to be here with me." He said before he turned to Jaejoong.
 
"Are you gonna be sleeping here or are you going back?" Jiyong asked.
 
Jaejoong smiled confidently, "I'm sure my brothers would love to be sleeping in their own beds. So we'll be coming here at 5PM and we'll leave at 10PM everyday. If that is all, we'll be going now."
 
The five Kims  gave a small bow before heading to the door.
 
"Well, now that they're gone, I guess I'll be saying goodbye for today too," Seunghyun stood up and stretched.
 
I held his hand, "Aren't you gonna stay for awhile more? We could leave together."
 
Seunghyun gave a happy chuckle.
 
"Oh believe me, I know when I need to step out of the picture. You guys can hang out perfectly well without me. Jiyong-ah, make sure you get her home safely. I'll call you tonight, (_____)-ah."
 
He slipped on his shoes and waved, closing the door behind him.
 
As soon as he was gone, awkwardness filled the air as the both of us suddenly remembered the last thing we talked about.
 
I cleared my throat, "So, you wanna watch TV or something?"
 
Jiyong turned to me.
 
"Aren't you gonna say something?" He asked.
 
"About what?" I questioned back.
 
"You know. Earlier on, you said you liked me and I told you how I liked you too." His hands reached out to clasp onto mine.
 
I bit my lips, trying to fight the blush on my cheeks.
 
"Do you wanna be my girlfriend, even after knowing how I'm really not a perfect human?"
 
His thumbs were making circles on my skin, giving me a hard time answering him.
 
All I could do was nod in response.
 
He gave a gentle smile as he brought my hands up to his lips, giving them a kiss.
 
"Thank you." He whispered.
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm so sorry for the very long hiatus without a proper announcement!
 
This goes to all of my stories that are still ongoing.
 
I've just been busy working all day err day that at some period I just lost all passion for writing.
 
I was lucky enough to be given a few off days in a row and that's how I got back into the feel of writing.
 
Anyways, I won't update a lot but when I do, I really hope to give you guys a long chapter.
 
Love you guys,
-miia186<3