SPECIAL: Valentine's Day.

He's Not A Monster
**Just a side note: THIS CHAPTER DOES NOT HAVE ANY CONNECTION TO THE STORY IN ANY WAY.**
 
 
 
 
 
"Yahh Kwon Jiyonggggg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I screamed at the top of my lungs, seeing the mess in the kitchen.
 
I just came home from work to find my kitchen dirtied and you can see traces of failed baking.
 
There was a loud thump and some shuffling noises, before my room door was opened.
 
Jiyong came walking in as he rubbed his eyes.
 
"Mwoh?" He grunted tiredly.
 
I gave him a glare and pointed to the pile of unwashed bowls, the kitchen counter filled with different used ingredients.
 
"What's all this?"
 
He innocently shrugged at me, scratching his head, "Happy... Valentine's?"
 
Taking a deep breath in, I tried to calm myself before I continued speaking.
 
"Why did you not clean up after you used my kitchen? You know I hate seeing my kitchen untidy."
 
Jiyong pouted as he sat on a stool and stared blankly at the bowls around him.
 
"Do I have to?"
 
I gave him a look that answered his question, "What do you think?"
 
He grumbled in annoyance, "But I'm tired."
 
My eyes widened in sarcasm.
 
"Oh is that so? I didn't know that. Because I was the one that went out to work for 12 hours straight, standing in the retail shop with only an hour break to rest my feet. Will you enlighten me on how staying at home on Valentine's Day can become so much more tiring than my work?"
 
Jiyong sighed, "I'm sorry. I'll do it now."
 
He dragged himself off the chair and started limping around the kitchen, slowly cleaning the mess he made.
 
Only after my anger slowly subsided that I realized Jiyong had somehow hurt himself before I came back and could not walk around properly.
 
My attention followed his limping foot, watching as he leaned his weight on the better leg while he washed the dishes.
 
There was a slightly reddish bump near his toes, and I could only imagine a heavy bowl dropping directly onto his foot, creating that bump.
 
I was immediately overwhelmed with guilt, wanting him to stop cleaning and to leave it to me.
 
Jiyong turned and noticed my focus on his injured foot.
 
"it's not that bad, I can still walk. Don't worry 'bout it and go change. I'm bringing you out soon."
 
All I could do was nod and trudge into my room.
 
After I changed, I went out to see him rinsing the table rag and squeezing it dry.
 
He then patted his hands dry and limped to me.
 
"Done? Let me go change into something else and we'll leave."
 
He quickly hopped into the room and changed into nicer clothes.
 
When he came back out, I caught sight of a brown paper bag that I had not seen in the room.
 
"What's that?"
 
"It's for later," he replied nonchalantly as he carefully slipped on his boots.
 
I grew happy with excitement, wearing my favourite pair of Dr Martens to match his boots.
 
Jiyong linked our hands and pulled my close to him while we walked towards his brand new car.
 
"Why must Valentine's Day be so cold this year?" He shivered.
 
We got in the car and he started the engine.
 
"Where are we going?"
 
He smirked at me, "You'll see."
 
Soon, I became tired from the continuosly long drive so I shut my eyes and took a quick nap.
 
---
 
After what felt like hours, I felt a tap on my shoulder.
 
"Hey, we're here," Jiyong whispered, shaking me awake.
 
I lightly stretched my limbs before getting out of the car.
 
Jiyong was already standing beside me, waiting for me to link arms with him.
 
I did so and we moved into the somewhat familiar restaurant.
 
It felt like I came here before, but I could not pinpoint when and with who.
 
The waiter came up to us, "Table reserved under?"
 
"Kwon Jiyong."
 
The man took two menu and led us up to the second level, out onto the terrace where there was only one table.
 
It was lit up with a candle in the middle and a single rose on one plate.
 
The waiter placed the menus on the table and was about to help me get seated when Jiyong excused him instead, passing the paper bag to the waiter.
 
He came over and like a gentleman, he helped me sit before moving to sit in front of me.
 
I took the rose on my plate and smiled.
 
"Did you prepare all this for me?"
 
He grinned, "Like it?"
 
I nod.
 
His smile grew, if possible.
 
"Then you'll love the second part even more."
 
I tilted my head in confusion but Jiyong only responded by ordering our food.
 
Even though I was curious, I decided to leave it to Jiyong since he's that confident in himself.
 
We ate the delicious dinner under the moonlight, all the while randomly conversing about our relationship.
 
After a while, our food was finished and it was close to midnight.
 
The streets below looked so empty with only a number of young couples who were going home.
 
I felt Jiyong's gaze on me so I turned to face him.
 
"Wae?"
 
He blinked a few, and then asked me a question.
 
"Do you remember this place?"
 
I slowly shook my head, "Did we come here before?"
 
He leaned forward and rested his weight on his crossed arms that were casually placed on the table, "You didn't. I did."
 
I became more confused, getting a soft chuckle from Jiyong.
 
He continued.
 
"Nine years ago, I was alone eating lunch on this exact table. You, were walking out of that store that used to be a CD shop." He said, pointing to the newly replaced shop right across the street.
 
"The owner was angry at you for not returning the rented CDs on time, and I saw the scene from up here. When you came out, you saw me looking at you and shouted to me, "What are you looking at?" before you started walking away. I got so interested in you that I went out the shop and followed after you. The moment I caught up with you, I asked if we could get some ice cream because it was hot and you were angry. You didn't say yes at first but then I told you it was my treat so you agreed. Before we knew it, we became unexpected friends and we eventually got so close that we went steady."
 
Jiyong took a deep breath.
 
"And you want to know one thing that's common about everything?"
 
I waited for him to say out the answer even though I knew it myself.
 
"It all happened on your birthday, on Valentine's day."
 
He looked into the restaurant where a waiter was already waiting with a tray, and gave a nod.
 
The waiter swiftly came out and placed the tray in front of me before leaving.
 
Jiyong stood up and came over beside the table.
 
He took off the cover, showing a round three leveled cake covered in red velvet.
 
There was something different about the top, though.
 
It was a real red box and I instantly knew what was going on.
 
Jiyong tipped my head up to make eye contact.
 
"I was thinking.."
 
"Since we already have a list of anniversaries on Valentine's, why not add one more?"
 
He opened the box on the cake and took the ring out.
 
Taking a step back, he then knelt on one knee.
 
"Baby, I know I'm not the best boyfriend you could ask for, but you're the only one for me. I'm not asking for anything else, but to be with you for the rest of our time. I can't promise you a life filled with only happiness, but I'll give it my best shot. Will you give me the right to call you my one and only wife?"
 
I stayed still for a second, before I finally got my senses back.
 
"Yes," I answered.
 
Jiyong smiled from ear to ear as he slid the ring into my right ring finger.
 
He got back up, bringing me along with him and gave me a long and warm hug.
 
"Happy Valentine's Day, Happy 5th Anniversary, and Happy 22nd Birthday, (_____) Baby," he whispered.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~