His Guardian.

He's Not A Monster
'What really did happen to you?'
 
 
 
 
 
The next day, I went over to Jiyong's house in the morning.
 
It was the weekends so Seunghyun and I decided to check on Jiyong's condition.
 
We were all sitting on the floor of his living room in a circle.
 
"I felt you guys coming." Jiyong sighed.
 
Our gazes were fixed on Jiyong.
 
He looked up to the ceiling, "I know it's weird. I think so too."
 
His hand reached beside him to hold the envelope he had received today.
 
When he turned back to face us, he clamped his other hand down on the envelope to show us the front.
 
"This.. Is from my uncle. I could recognize his handwriting anywhere."
 
I slowly nodded, "So..?"
 
"So! My uncle has never, and I mean never, tried to contact me ever since I became legal. There must be something big if he suddenly sends me a letter." He emphasized.
 
Seunghyun cleared his throat, "Open it and read it."
 
Everyone's attention went to the white envelope as he tore it open and pulled out the letter.
 
"Jiyong-ah.. I know I haven't been in contact with you since you moved out.. But I had my reasons to do so.. I'm not.." He paused, his face scrunching up in confusion before he continued.
 
"Your uncle.. Not by blood, at least. Your parents and I had been close friends since high school and I stuck through with them until they were gone. They had already listed me as your godfather, as your guardian, if anything were to happen to them."
 
Jiyong lowered the piece of paper for a while as he took a deep breath in.
 
Continuing from where he left off, he raised it up, "And by now, you would have seen and felt the difference in your body. Yes, you're not a normal person. But you're not entirely inhuman. Your dad.."
 
He stopped all movements and stared at the letter.
 
Seunghyun rolled his eyes and took the paper away from Jiyong.
 
"Your dad had also gone through the phase of changing into something else. Your mum, however, was a normal person. But she wanted to change in order to protect you, so she begged you dad and they both managed to transform her into one of his kind.
 
In our world, we have world wars. But in yours, you have clan wars. And back then, your dad was the last few survivors of his clan. As of right now, you are the only new generation from your clan. Everyone else is either dead, or missing. I'm pretty sure you've got a really good sense of smell now? Use that to your advantage by tracking down your clan and training with them. The best choice for you right now is to search the forests in Seoul. Your clan used to roam around freely in the forests, so there is a possibility that they are in hiding.
 
There are a lot of things that you should learn about your clan, and even more things that you should know about the other clans in the war. Sadly, I was never a part of your world, so I could never be able to protect you like how your clan will. And neither will anyone else apart from them.
 
If you have not yet discovered, this transformation comes with a change physical appearance. Unless you get to your clan, you will still appear the same to everyone. However, there is something special about people like you. After you go through the transformation, even though you have not physically changed in the human eyes, you have a certain ability to capture people's attention if you have not already. In other words, girls that you don't know will start flirting with you more, and guys that you've never met would want to be friends with you. But from experience, your father knew it was  better to ignore those people and stick with your clique of friends, because they're the only people who you can trust.
 
I can't help you anymore than this. The other clans knew about you living with me while you were young, so they would most probably come after me first. What I want you to do now is to lay low while you search for your clan, and do not come looking for me. I will try my best to lead them away from you for now."
 
Seunghyun placed the letter in the middle of the circle.
 
"That's the end of the letter," he announced.
 
I stared at Jiyong, who was absentmindedly looking at the letter.
 
Swallowing my saliva, I finally spoke, "So what are we.. I mean. What are you going to do?"
 
"I'm not going to do anything. If my clan had needed me in the first place, they would've come to find me, not the other way around. Everything's going to be the some, unless this 'other clans' that my unc-- That my guardian had said comes to find me, then I'll have to start looking for my clan. If nothing happens, I'll continue going to school and living my life was Kwon Jiyong. Nothing's going to change anytime soon," Jiyong glared at the innocent paper before turning to look at me and Seunghyun.
 
"Whatever happens, I trust you guys not to leave me to fight alone at any point of time," he sighed.
 
"I don't think I'd ever want to leave you alone when you're in this state," Seunghyun joked.
 
We chuckled and fell silent.
 
"(_____)? You won't leave me, will you?" Jiyong directed the question at me.
 
I replied with a sincere smile, "I have never thought of leaving you, not once."
 
He grinned, "Good. Because I don't want to lose my two best friends just because I became something else."
 
 
 
 
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This is a REALLY short chapter just because I only want to concentrate on his 'monster' part of the story.
 
I thought that I needed to explain to you guys a little bit about the background of how Jiyong became like that, and what exactly was going in his world.
 
That's why it's really short.
 
And really, please comment!
 
I want to know what you guys feel about the story so far and that's the only way I can find out.
 
COMMENT!
 
Love you guys,
-miia186<3