Becoming A Monster.

He's Not A Monster
"Good morning!" An arm was slung over my shoulders, almost making me trip as I walked towards my first class of the day.
 
I turned to face my best friend, Kwon Jiyong.
 
"Morning to you too." I greeted him with a light punch on his abs.
 
He laughed, "So how did your date with Seunghyun Hyung go?"
 
My lips turned the other way into a frown.
 
"You know I don't have any special feelings for Seunghyun Oppa. He's been my childhood friend since forever, we just hung out as friends yesterday."
 
"I know, I know. You only have extra feelings for me, and so no one else is more important than me. Right, my servant?" Jiyong nodded his head in arrogance.
 
I was blushing halfway until he mentioned the servant part.
 
Rolling my eyes, I replied, "And since when was I your servant?"
 
"Since you've stopped calling me Oppa." He grinned.
 
I narrowed my eyes and took a jab at his chest.
 
He groaned in agony, glaring at me.
 
"That's for calling me a servant, Oppa~" I chuckled and my heels, leaving him alone in the hallway.
 
By the time Jiyong made it to class, the bell had already rung, signaling the start of class.
 
He growled and gave me the 'You're-dead-after-class' look as he made his way to his seat that was all the way across the class from my seat.
 
---
 
"Seunghyun Oppa!" I cheered and clung onto him after running out of the class right when the bell rang.
 
He raised an eyebrow with a knowing smirk.
 
"Jiyong?"
 
I nodded, "It was my fault but he started it first and then--"
 
"(_____)!" His voice could be heard from across the hallway.
 
"Help!" I squeaked like a mouse and clung onto Seungyun tighter.
 
"Lee (_____)! You did not just run out of class without your best friend!" He scolded.
 
I bowed my head,  staring at the floor.
 
"Aigoo, (_____)-ie ran out of class without you? You must've been too excited to meet me again, huh? Eiyy, let her go, Jiyong-ah. You know she wouldn't mean anything bad to you," the elder boy spoke with lightness in voice.
 
Jiyong grumbled to himself and pulled me away from Seunghyun.
 
"Hyung, you're going to Chemistry now right? (_____) and I have Korean Literature so we have to be there early. Bye Hyung!" He waved and dragged me away from Seunghyun.
 
"Ahh~ Oppa~~" I whined and looked back to Seunghyun to wave goodbye.
 
He smiled and winked before walking off.
 
"Whatever, you only call me Oppa when you're wrong or I put you into a position to do so," Jiyong mumbled.
 
We made it to class with a few more minutes to spare.
 
He pulled me to my original seat before he took the chair in front of my table and turned it, sitting down to face me.
 
I blinked at him.
 
"Don't give me those eyes, you know I can't stand being angry at you if you do that."
 
I bit back a smile, knowing I had hit his soft spot.
 
Jiyong sighed, "You ditched me twice today. Before and after first period. Did I say something wrong?"
 
"You called me a servant.." I mumbled but he caught my words.
 
"I call you servant to tease you all the time. You've never reacted that way. Was it the part about Seunghyun Hyung?" He asked again.
 
I felt my cheeks getting hotter, but I shook my head.
 
Narrowing his eyes, "It is, isn't it?"
 
Jiyong smirked and pinched my red cheeks.
 
"Eigeu kwiyeowo~ Why didn't you tell me you got a crush on Seunghyun Hyung?"
 
I sighed and bit my lips in annoyance.
 
"I don't like Seunghyun Oppa."
 
"Your blush is telling me a different story~" He teased.
 
I looked him in the eye, "I mean it. I don't have a crush on Seunghyun Oppa. It's.. Someone else."
 
His smile grew wider, "Nugunde?"
 
"I won't tell you."
 
The bell rang and Jiyong knocked his head on my table, "Such a mood spoiler."
 
He saluted me and left for his seat.
 
For the rest of Literature class, I kept glancing at Jiyong's back.
 
'After all these years, he still doesn't get it. How could he be so dense.'
 
One torturing hour later, I packed my stuff and got up.
 
Right when I took a step out of the classroom, Jiyong popped up, making me stumble back.
 
He hooked his arm with mine and pulled me to the cafeteria.
 
I giggled.
 
It was unbelievable, how fast Jiyong gets over his anger.
 
"Jiyong-ah, (_____)-ah!" Seunghyun called out to us after we took our trays filled with food.
 
It was a good thing our high school had two cafeterias to cater to the amount of student in the school.
 
We settled in front of Seunghyun.
 
"Jal meokkesseumnida!" I cheered.
 
The two boys chuckled at my action and began digging into their food too.
 
Jiyong took a piece of kimchi and placed it in my tray.
 
I looked at him as he shrugged.
 
"The lady gave you half the amount of kimchi she gave me."
 
I grinned, "Komawo Oppa~"
 
He returned me a lopsided smile and continued eating.
 
---
 
A few weeks later, it was Jiyong's birthday.
 
Seunghyun and myself had already planned to celebrate his birthday at his house.
 
It would not be a big surprise party.
 
We are just simply going to ring his door bell with the cake and the candles already lit up.
 
I was at my house wrapping his birthday present.
 
I had already told Jiyong not to go out in the evening because Seunghyun and I would be coming over.
 
My phone vibrated beside me on the floor.
 
I picked it up and checked my messages.
 
'From: Kwon Jiyong
 
Is there a celebration I suspect?
>.>'
 
I smiled like a fool to myself as I replied.
 
'To: Kwon Jiyong
 
Yes.
It was never a surprise, anyways.
-.-'
 
'From: Kwon Jiyong
 
Great!
I knew I could count on you guys to make my day!
<3'
 
Giggling, I sent him a happy face before going back to finish the present wrapping.
 
Once I was done, I leaned back to stretch myself, and then I admired the present.
 
'Jiyong is going to love this.'
 
---
 
Jiyong grinned at the text message he received from his best friend.
 
If it was not for these two people, he would have probably been a loner since elementary school.
 
Jiyong had to transfer schools because his uncle could not pay for the monthly school fees of his previous school.
 
His deceased parents did not leave any fortune to him, and being the only child, Jiyong had no choice but to move into his uncle's house and to transfer to a cheaper school that was affordable.
 
However, he had been a legal adult since exactly two years ago.
 
And being the person he was, Jiyong paid for his rented house with the money he had collected from his part-time job.
 
He laid down on his bed and decided to have a quick nap before he prepared himself for his birthday celebration.
 
Before he knew it, it was already half past six in the evening.
 
His phone had vibrated on his nightstand, waking him up.
 
He glanced through the message and smiled.
 
'From: (_____)
 
I just met up with Seunghyun Oppa. 
We'll be reaching your house in about five minutes' time. 
:))'
 
He sent an 'Okay' before he stood up and went straight for the washroom.
 
When he washed his bloated face, he felt something wrong with his body.
 
It was extremely hot and weak.
 
'Am I catching a fever?' He thought to himself.
 
Suddenly, he felt like he got stabbed in the chest.
 
He could feel his heart rate doubling up and his breaths were getting harder to take in.
 
Jiyong dropped from a standing position into a curled ball.
 
His vision became blurry for a moment before everything became super clear, too clear for a normal person to get dizzy.
 
Jiyong clutched onto his head as he felt a wave of migraine coming at him.
 
He could feel his canine teeth growing in a matter of seconds.
 
When he took a deep breath in, he could smell everything in his house perfectly, and he could even smell the scent of his two best friends right outside his door.
 
"Why isn't he coming out? I told him to stay at home 'cause we'd be coming.."
 
His ears picked up the sound of you talking to Seunghyun.
 
"Maybe he's cleaning up or preparing himself before he comes out. Give him time."
 
Jiyong opened his mouth and let his tongue familiarize itself with the new canine teeth that had just grown out of nowhere before he attempted to speak.
 
"(__-_____)-ah.. Seu-Seunghyun.. Hyung.." He croaked out.
 
His body temperature was slowly going down, but it was still incredibly high.
 
He felt a little heat movement from his door, and when Jiyong closed his eyes, he could almost picture your body heat standing outside his apartment.
 
He could also picture all the appliances in his house based on the heat radiating from it.
 
"Oh no, the candle lights are almost out. Aish~!" You grumbled in frustration.
 
Gathering up all his energy, Jiyong dragged his body up, clinging onto the sink for support.
 
He groaned and finally managed to stand on his two feet with the help of the sink cabinets.
 
His body was slightly swaying, still unable to withstand the weight of his body.
 
When he felt like he was about to slip, Jiyong reached out for anything that was on the sink.
 
The only things that he could grab a hold of were a few bottles of facial wash and shaving cream, and other unimportant stuff.
 
The sink was thoroughly cleaned as Jiyong accidentally brought everything crashing down with him when he fell.
 
"Oh! Did you hear that Oppa?"
 
"Yeah, sounded like something was being thrown, or maybe Jiyong knocked down something."
 
"Do you think he's okay?"
 
"I don't know. Here, hold this, I'll try to get him to answer the door."
 
Seunghyun passed the birthday cake over to you.
 
He banged on the door, "Jiyong-ah! What's going on? If you don't come out, I'll open your door myself!"
 
Jiyong could do nothing but lay on the cold bathroom floor, hoping that Seunghyun would stop talking and just unlock his front door.
 
He heard the house lock being keyed in and soon, the door was opened, followed by two rushing footsteps towards his room.
 
Seunghyun came in first and stopped when he saw Jiyong sprawled out on the dirty floor with the bottles around him.
 
You were right behind Seunghyun.
 
The two of you dropped everything in your hands and carefully ran up to Jiyong.
 
"Jiyong-ah! Are you okay? What happened to you?" Seunghyun asked as he picked up the now shivering body of Jiyong's.
 
You grabbed all the bottles and placed them on the sink, before going out with Seunghyun to bring Jiyong to his bed.
 
"H-Hyung.. There's s-something wrong with m-me." He stuttered as Seunghyun got him under the blankets.
 
Seunghyun and you stood beside his bed.
 
"(_____)-ah, will you go and get a towel and a bowl of warm water for his fever?"
 
Nodding, you left and got everything that was instructed.
 
You were about to place the now damp towel on Jiyong's forehead when he raised his hand and stopped you.
 
"I don't think it's a fever." He said as loud as he could.
 
Seunghyun frowned in confusion,"What do you mean?"
 
"I think.. There's something happening to my body.. I could suddenly see things clearly, I could hear the two of you talking outside my apartment, I could smell both your perfume and cologne distinctly, and I could feel your body heat and movement. It's not.. Normal.."
 
The frown on Seunghyun got deeper.
 
"What the hell? Are you serious? I think we should bring you to the doctor."
 
He was about the take the blanket off Jiyong but was stopped.
 
"No Hyung.. I think I should just let it be for now.. Maybe it's just a temporary thing.."
 
Seunghyun sighed, "Maybe the fever just got into your brain and that's why you're acting like this. So let's cool you off first, and if you still have these.. 'Abnormal feelings' by tomorrow, we're going to the doctors."
 
He took the towel from me and placed it on Jiyong's head, pressing it down gently.
 
You bit your lip before you decided to speak.
 
"I think you're right, Seunghyun Oppa. But I also think Jiyong is right. I don't think the doctors would be of any help, so I say we let it be."
 
The tall man beside you sighed and looked at you, "You're really going to side with him right now?"
 
You nodded.
 
"Fine. I guess the doctors might think we're psychos if we did go up to them and told them about Jiyong's condition.."
 
You turned your attention back to the person lying on his bed.
 
'What really did happen to you?'
  
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
First chapter!!
 
I'm not going to be updating this frequently because I've about two-three other stories that I'm also working on at the same time.
 
I know, "Then why don't you finish those first?"
 
Well, because I have a right to do whatever I want, and also because I thought if I were to wait any longer, someone else would probably come up with this idea and then my story could have been accused of being a plagiarized story.
 
So instead, I'll post it up first, so I have that copyright to continue posting.
 
^_^
 
Anyways, please SUBSCRIBE and COMMENT!
 
Love you guys,
-miia186<3