Trouble.

He's Not A Monster
He grinned, "Good. Because I don't want to lose my two best friends just because I became something else."
 
 
 
 
The three of us stood up and began wandering around the house.
 
I went straight for the kitchen to get myself a glass of water, Seunghyun had switched on the TV and was leisurely scrolling through the list of shows being aired, and Jiyong went into his room.
 
When I came out of the kitchen with a glass of water, Jiyong also made his way to the sofa.
 
He was holding the presents that Seunghyun and I had prepared for his birthday.
 
It was not unwrapped yet.
 
Jiyong began to speak, "I know we were supposed to celebrate my birthday yesterday, and all that weird stuff happened to me and we didn't celebrate. But since the two of you are here today, why don't we use this time to rewind back to yesterday and have that party?"
 
I grinned in excitement.
 
"There's nothing wrong with that.." Seunghyun shrugged with a lopsided smile.
 
I tilted my head, "But what about the cake?"
 
Jiyong patted my head.
 
"Go open up the freezer."
 
I did as he said, "I only see another cake, it's not the one we bought yesterday.."
 
He chuckled, "Of course, you guys bought an ice cream cake for goodness sake! I couldn't save it even if I wanted to, so this morning I went out to buy another ice cream cake but they told me they didn't have the same cake and I decided to go with that one."
 
I carefully brought the cake box out with three forks.
 
Seunghyun took it out of the box and stuck two tall candles in the middle of the cake before he lit them up.
 
"You want us to sing you the birthday song?" Seunghyun asked.
 
Jiyong raised an eyebrow, "Isn't that part of the custom?"
 
The former raised his arms in surrender before clearing his throat.
 
We glanced at each other and started singing.
 
"Saengil chukha hamnida, saengil chukha hamnida, saranghaneun Kwon Jiyong, Saengil chukha hamnida!"
 
We cheered as Jiyong leaned forward to blow out the candles.
 
"Did you make a wish?" I questioned after.
 
He nodded.
 
"Better not be some cheesy 'I wish I can fly' wish," Seunghyun nudged Jiyong with a smirk.
 
"Psh, I'm not the same naive eight-year-old Kwon Jiyong, Hyung."
 
I giggled.
 
Jiyong turned to me, "You think that's funny?"
 
He feigned anger.
 
"No~ Anyways, open your presents!" I urged him, pushing the wrapped boxes towards him.
 
The frown on his face changed into the excitement of a small kid.
 
He picked up the shiny purple present and began unwrapping it, careful not to tear the paper.
 
Eyes widened, Jiyong stared at the gift.
 
"You like that?" Seunghyun asked.
 
Jiyong looked at Seunghyun with a face of admiration.
 
"Hyung, you bought this? I've been waiting for this edition of Nike Air to come out! Komawo, Hyung!" He lightly pounced on the taller man for a hug.
 
After which, he tried on the pair of shoes and did a walk in front of us.
 
He asked if the shoes fit his style and we both gave him a thumbs up.
 
When he finally came down from his high, he opened my present with the same amount of carefulness.
 
He gasped loudly, "Yah! What the! How did you!"
 
I giggled at his reaction, "It's one of a kind."
 
Jiyong's finger traced his engraved name on the Beats headset.
 
"One of a kind? Girl, you can't find another one of this anywhere! How did you even get my name engraved in this thing?! Must have costed a bomb!" He spammed.
 
Shaking my head, I answered his question.
 
"Remember the part-time work I had before school started this year?"
 
He nodded, still admiring the headset.
 
"The worker that I became friends with had an uncle who was working in the Beats company. She told me about how her uncle specially engrave her name into her headphones, so I asked her if she could help me get a headset with your name engraved on it. She checked with her uncle and he told her that he'd have to sell it to me. We agreed on a reasonable price and tadah!" I pointed to his gift.
 
Jiyong crushed me in a tight hug, "Baby, I can love you all my life for this!"
 
I blushed, even though I knew he was only saying that for the Beats.
 
He connected it to his phone and started grooving to the music.
 
Seconds later, he stopped and pulled the headphones to rest around his neck.
 
"Thanks, (_____)-ah, Seunghyun Hyung. You two never fail to keep me feeling awesome."
 
Seunghyun and I smiled back at him before all three of us ate the already melting cake.
 
---
 
Monday came sooner than expected.
 
The three of us walked down the hallway together as we received stares from the school population.
 
More like they were staring at Jiyong specifically.
 
A really brave girl even dared to come up to Jiyong and ask him out after school.
 
He rejected and left the girl crying to herself.
 
When we finally made our way to our class and Seunghyun parted from us, Jiyong gave a sigh of relief.
 
"It felt like I either committed a crime or I became their overnight hero," he joked.
 
We settled at his desk.
 
"Incoming," I nodded my head at an approaching figure.
 
She was giving a flirty smile to Jiyong as she came up to us.
 
Resting her palms on his desk and leaning forward, she bit her lips in seduction.
 
"Jiyong-ah, my friends and I are going out to catch a movie after school. You wanna come along?"
 
Jiyong blinked at her uninterestedly, "No thanks, Gyuri-ah. I actually made plans with (_____) and Seunghyun Hyung already. Next time, maybe?"
 
Gyuri flashed her killer smile at him with a wink.
 
"Next time then," she waved flirtatiously before she strutted back to her desk.
 
I smirked at Jiyong, "Next time?"
 
"Oh, did I say next time? I meant in my next life." He acted as though he was about to barf.
 
I laughed at his expression.
 
The bell rang and I made my move to my seat.
 
Hours later, I felt a tap on my shoulder.
 
"Yah, wake up! It's lunch time already!"
 
I jerked up, running my fingers through my hair.
 
"Wha-- Is class over?" My voice cracked.
 
Jiyong ruffled my hair with an amused smile.
 
"C'mon, Seunghyun Hyung is waiting~"
 
Standing up, I followed after Jiyong towards the cafeteria.
 
We got our set of food and searched for Seunghyun.
 
Out of nowhere, everyone started calling out for Jiyong to sit with their cliques.
 
"Jiyong-ah, come sit with us!"
 
"Oppa! You were my chemistry partner last semester, why don't you eat with us?"
 
"Yah, Jiyong! You used to play soccer with us two years ago, join us for lunch!"
 
By then, I spotted a tall boy who was staring at all the other people who wanted Jiyong to have lunch with them.
 
I dragged Jiyong towards the table and plopped down in the seat across from him.
 
"Did you wait long Oppa?" I asked.
 
He shook his head, "No, but judging from all the love calls, I thought Jiyong would never make it here."
 
"Mian Hyung.. Just ignore them, I will never eat lunch without you two."
 
Seunghyun smiled in gratefulness, "So how was your class today? Did anyone ask you out?"
 
Jiyong then began to ramble on and on about how he kept getting asked out during every interval between classes.
 
As he told his story, I would feed him his food to make sure that he was eating while he talked.
 
By the time he finished, the bell rang and the three of us got up from our seats to return our trays.
 
"Thanks for feeding me, (_____)-ah," he grinned, patting my head.
 
"Yah, don't mess up my hair~" I complained and smoothened it back.
 
Jiyong chuckled as he hooked his arm through mine and dragged me to class.
 
"Come on, I don't wanna stay out here any longer. Bye Hyung!"
 
We waved to Seunghyun and zoomed into our Korean Literature class.
 
---
 
By the end of the day, Jiyong had received and rejected well over thirty confessions from his newly formed fan club.
 
The three of us decided to treat ourselves to some really good ice cream after the torturous day, so we went to the ice cream parlor down the street.
 
We got a really big tub of Chocolate Mint and sat by the window seats.
 
"And then she pushed (_____) to the ground just to pass me her confession letter. As cute as she was, anyone that dares to treat my best friend like that doesn't deserve my attention. I scolded the girl and told her to stay away from us."
 
I accidentally coked on my saliva, "More like you just stood there and ignored the girl while I cursed her out and told her to scram."
 
Jiyong pinked at my sentence while Seunghyun laughed.
 
"You just stood there huh? Poor (_____)-ie. She must have suffered a lot since she's in the same class as you." He patted my head.
 
I pouted with a nod.
 
"Aish, you two always like to gang up on me! (_____)-ah are you sure you don't have any extra feelin--" Jiyong paused and his face scrunched up.
 
I shook his arm, "Wae?"
 
"I smell something.. Wrong.." He took a deep breath.
 
The doorbell of the cafe rang, signaling a new customer had arrived.
 
"Trouble," Jiyong whispered.
 
The two figures that was standing at the doorway suddenly walked towards us.
 
"Trouble eih?" The taller man of the two spoke.
 
He eyed the three of us before his eyes fell on Jiyong.
 
"Ahh, a Kwon clan is present. Are you not?"
 
Jiyong rolled his eyes, "I'm sorry, I don't think I'm supposed to share my personal details to some stranger."
 
I gulped down my fear and turned to Seunghyun who shrugged with the same amount of fear.
 
The man glared at Jiyong, who rebelliously returned the glare.
 
"Is there anything wrong with my face?" He asked.
 
The man growled, "Nothing, Kwon-sshi. I'll let you live a couple more days, now that I've found you. We'll make you suffer, Kwon-sshi. You'll pay for what your clan has done to ours."
 
He straightened up and walked out the shop with his apprentice.
 
Seunghyun and I shuddered when they left.
 
"Yah, you better find that clan of yours before you die, Jiyong."
 
He retaliated, "I told you Hyung. I'm not going to find my clan. They will find me if they need me. And it's not like I can't put up a good fight, you've seen me fight off ten men by myself, Hyung."
 
I sighed, "Seunghyun Oppa is right, Jiyong Oppa. You should find your clan, whether or not they need you. Because as of right now, you're probably gonna need them more."
 
 
 
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
This is the third chapter.
 
And honestly, I feel quite disappointed.
 
Because I've been working hard on this story, like all my other stories.
 
But whenever I come by this story and I stare at the notice below the title, I feel like I'm writing to no one.
 
Okay fine, I do have three subscribers (YES IT'S THAT LITTLE THAT I CAN REMEMBER THE EXACT NUMBER) and I'm really grateful and thankful to the three subscribers jagiyaaaa , Zerrorax and missmarch_2000 for subscribing to my story, and Zerrorax for commenting that she is liking my story so far.
 
But then I look at the number of views, which is 95.
 
And I wonder to myself, those everyone else hate this story?
 
So much that they don't bother leaving a comment to criticize me?
 
Because I'd much rather recieve criticism from my readers than nothing at all.
 
And if this really continues, I'm going to set this story to private so that only I can read it and I can remind myself how this story came as a disappointment.
 
Thanks for hearing out my frustrations right now (if you have been reading this part, that is).
 
Love you guys,
-miia186<3