Chapter 7

Maybe Miracles Do Exist

 

I walked out of the bedroom, alongside with Baekhyun, and together we went into the kitchen where D.O prepared ramen for our dinner. We all sat around the table eating silently as if someone were afraid to break the silence. The silence dragged on only to be broken by the sounds of slurping.

 

Kai set his bowl and chopsticks down with a loud smack. "Okay, we can't just pretend like whatever happened to Hyorin-ah and hyung never happened," he said with concern.

 

Chanyeol opened his mouth to say something, but held back and closed his mouth.

 

D.O elbowed him lightly and whispered, "Yah. What if they don't feel comfortable talking about it? Don't bring it up."

 

"But we need to get things straightened out! Our two friends could've been injured!" Kai stated, his voice getting slightly louder.

 

"Kim Jongin, quiet down. No need to raise your voice." Suho remarked.

 

Kai sighed frustratingly and slouched in his chair. 

 

"Kai, I'm glad you're concerned about me and...and I'll be okay," I say softly.

 

"But how?! How can you be okay with this? The last person you want to see has found you!" 

 

"Kai! Calm down!" D.O said placing a hand on his shoulder.

 

Kai turned to D.O and calmed down. He looked down and apologized. "I'm sorry. I just don't want to see you get hurt, you're just so fragile; like glass. I don't want to see you shatter into little pieces because of this...this devil."

 

I sat in my chair looking down at my half empty bowl. Am I becoming a burden to these guys? They can only handle so much stress.

 

"I'm so sorry," I whispered. 

 

Sehun, who sat next to me, looked at my face and softly said, "For what?"

 

I responded, still looking down. "I feel like, no who am I kidding, I am becoming a burden for you all. Busy idols like you shouldn't be dealing with a lost girl like me. I don't want you all getting hurt because of me. It would probably be best if I-I just leave." I quickly got up and walked towards the exit. I grab the handle door and twist it, opening it before I feel someone grab my arm. I look away avoiding Suho's eyes.

 

"Hey, don't go," he said as he spoke in a low soft tone. "Hyori-ah, I-" 

 

"Am I interrupting something?" Exo's manager says as he walked in.

 

"Seunghwa-ssi! What- what are you still doing here??" Suho said in shock. 

 

Everyone else exited the kitchen and arrived in the living where they all looked at their manager and then to me. 

 

"I was in my car about to leave when I just remember about something that I forgot to tell you guys earlier, so I came back. I would've texted one of you, but my phone is on the verge of dying," he stated. He then turned to me saying, "Now who are you?"

 

I looked at the ground and whispered, "No one," before pulling my arm out of Suho's hold. I exited the apartment with all eyes on me. I sped walk to the other side of the hallway to the elevators and pressed the button to go down. 

 

Suho ran after me and when he caught up, he stood in front of me with a foot or two of space in between us. "Hyori-ah, look at me, please."

 

I finally gave in and looked at him in the eyes, his soft dark brown eyes somewhat mesmerized me.

 

"Don't leave. Not after I promised you that you'll be safe with us," he said as he took one small step closer. 

 

I took one large step back, increasing the space between us. I shook my head. "Aniyo. How can you still want me here? I could have hurt one of your good friends just by going out to buy something! Imagine what it will be like if we went somewhere farther away from home? For all we know, he could be trying to stalk me! And if he finds me, then he's going to find you and hurt you all..." I say loudly. 

 

Suho, still looking calm and slightly sad, took another step closer. This time, I didn't move back. 

 

"Hyori-ah. This is your home. You even said so yourself. Have you forgotten what I just said? Did you already forget about our little promise?"

 

"Joonmyun...just stop." It felt weird addressing him by his first name, but it got his attention. 

 

"Aniyo. You should stop. Just stop whatever you're doing and come back inside with me. Can't you understand that we all just want you to stay?"

 

One of the elevator doors open, but I didn't move an inch. I stood there, looking at Suho in the eyes.

 

"You really do want me to stay?" I asked, already knowing the answer.

 

"Yes," Suho simply said as he held his hand out. 

 

I hesitated, but I eventually took his hand and together, we walked back into the apartment. 

 

"Thank you," Suho whispers in my ear before he opened the door revealing the rest of Exo K and the manager standing in the living room.

 

Chanyeol lightened up at the sight of my face. "You came back!" he enthusiastically said as he gave me a hug. "I was so worried for a moment. How did you do it hyung?"

 

I looked over at Suho. The frown that was on his face just a few seconds ago was replaced with a sincere smile. 

 

"I have my ways."

 

The rest of Exo K looked relieved and glad that I decided to stay. That made me feel...wanted and happy. 

 

Suddenly, Exo K's manager speaks up. "Okay, she back. What a relief. But, may I ask, who exactly is she?"