Chapter 3

Maybe Miracles Do Exist

 

After our little discussion, we decided that now would be an appropriate time for breakfast, since it is almost 10. D.O walked over to the kitchen asking if anyone wanted to help him out. Almost immediately, the other 5 guys backed out saying their little stupid, but somewhat cute, excusing such as, "I still need to wash up." and "My favorite show is on t.v right now."

I chuckled and offered to help. 

 

"Woah there. You're staying right there. Have you forgotten that you're injured?" Chanyeol said in his deep voice.

 

"I can't stay here forever though. Just let me try and help. Please?" 

 

They looked at each other unsure, but didn't push on. Taking that as a yes, I took a deep breathe and got up from the couch. I closed my eyes tightly and waited for a few seconds. Slowly but surely, the pain went away. I moved my arms and legs.

 

"See? I'm fine. Still hurts a bit, but I can bear it."

 

"You sure?" D.O asked.

 

"Ne. I'm sure. Now let's get cooking. You guys must be starving."

 

D.O and I walked over to the kitchen while the rest of them started doing whatever they have to do. D.O leaned against the counter and crossed his arms.

 

"So...any ideas on what you want for breakfast?"

 

I shrugged. "Aniyo. Just make whatever you want." 

 

"Hmm....eggs, toast, and bacon it is."

 

D.O opened the refrigerator door and squatted down searching for the eggs and bacon. I, on the other hand, found the loaves of sliced bread already on the kitchen counter. I grabbed a plate and started counting 14, 2 for every person. While counting, I asked, 

"So do you guys have any plans for today? For work I mean.."

 

D.O stood back up holding a carton of eggs in one hand and the bacon in the other. 

 

"This weekend, we're off from work. But we have to go back on Monday...." D.O placed and bacons and eggs on the counter and continued. "So you're probably going to be home alone for the entire day...Mianhae..." D.O said with a sad look on his face.

 

I brushed it off like it was no deal. I mean, they're idols for goodness sake. I wouldn't expect any less.

 

"Ne. I totally understand since you're really big idols."

 

"Now I feel bad...." he frowned.

 

I chuckled. Awh he looks so much more adorable in person. 

 

"Don't be! You're just doing your job," I said placing 4 pieced of bread in the toaster. "Speaking of work, I should stay hidden from your manager right? I don't think he'll be happy to find out that you guys are taking in a total stranger. And you're fans also. They're not going to be happy about this either..."

 

D.O stopped for a second to think. "You make a good point...But we can't let you go back out in the streets. That's definitely not happening."

 

Hearing that made me warm inside. It made me feel safe. 

 

"I'll talk about it with the other guys so don't worry about it okay?" he reassured flashing his charming smile. 

 

I was about to melt at the site of it but I held it together. I grinned back and continued to work on my part of the job. 

 

"Hey Hyori-ssi, while you wait for those to toast, can you get some salt? It's over there in that cabinet," D.O said pointing over to my right while he beat the eggs. 

 

I opened the cabinet and grabbed the salt handing it over to him. 

 

"Can't wait till breakfast is done!" I said excitedly. 

 

"Wae? Is it cause an idol cooked it?" D.O laughed.

 

I giggled. "Partially, I guess. But actually, I haven't had a proper breakfast in a long long time." 

I felt like drool was coming out of my mouth as he made the scrambled eggs.

 

"Seriously? That's not good! What have you been eating at your ex-boyfriend's house??" D.O asked eyes growing big.

 

"Anything in the fridge. So in other words, I have left overs for breakfast and on rare occasions, cereal and milk," I said like it was no big deal. But apparently, D.O thought other wise.

 

"Aigoo! You're ex-boyfriend's place sounds like hell." 

 

"You can say that again..." 

 

"I'm glad you're here now. That way, you can have a good breakfast every morning. And plus, it's being cooked by the great and powerful Do Kyungsoo!" D.O grinned. 

 

"I'll look forward to every morning now!" I laughed. "Now let's get back to business. I'm starving now just watching you make those eggs."

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

After we all and cleaned up, I walked back to the living and eased myself down on the couch. Kai walked in shyly along with Sehun and said besides me. 

 

"Hey, you feeling any better?" Sehun asked.

 

I nodded giving a little smile and said, "Don't worry about me too much! I'll be fine."

 

Both Kai and Sehun's face lit up a little.

 

"You're really strong, you know that?" Kai commented.

 

I just shrugged. "I'm used to it, I guess. I mean, I had to deal with him. If I didn't toughen up a bit, I'd probably be dead by now."

 

"No. Don't say that...." Sehun said quietly.

 

I looked at him for a bit then quietly apologized. It'll probably take him, or them, a while to get used to me living with them.

 

"Hey Hyori-ssi! You wanna go get cleaned up?" Chanyeol yelled from the kitchen.

 

"Um...yeah sure. If that's okay with you." I replied back.

 

"Of course we're fine with it pabo! You live with us now, remember? You don't need our permission to use the restroom." Chanyeol said grinning his famous smile.

 

I chuckled at my stupidity. "So which bathroom should I use?" 

 

"I think it's better if you use the restroom that over there. It's much more cleaner than the other one." Suho said pointing to the last door on the right in the hallway.

 

"Yah! Ours isn't that messy..." Chanyeol commented. 

 

"Lies! Baekhyun's eye make up is all over the place, and Sehun and your colognes, deodorants, and lotions are scatted all over the counter." D.O said half sternly and half jokingly.

 

I chuckled to myself as I grabbed my duffle bag and walked to the bathroom. I closed the door behind me, locking it, and placed my bag on the counter. I looked through my bag, and became annoyed because inside was literally a big clump of clothing. But finally, I found everything I needed. 

 

I slowly and carefully took my clothes off making sure I don't hurt myself. I then turned the shower on and walked in. The hot water hitting against my skins made me feel relaxed. I drifted off into la la land. I started thinking about what Junho's doing right at that moment. But then I started thinking about what it's going to be like living with Exo. I let out a squeal, hoping that it wasn't too loud and that the guys out in the living room are getting the wrong idea. 

 

I calmed down and bit and said to myself, "Okay Hyori. Don't screw things up. A miracle happened to you and you're slowly gaining the hope that you lost when you stayed with Junho. Hwaiting!"

 

After a few more minutes in the shower, I turned off the water and slid the glass shower door to reach for my towel when I remembered something. I don't have a towel and there isn't any towel large enough for me to use to dry myself hanging around in the bathroom.

 

"," I muttered to myself. "What am I going to do? Um, ugh..."

 

I tried shaking off all the excess water I couldn't and stepped out of the shower. I tip toed over to the door, unlocked it, and opened it ever so slightly. 

 

"Annyeongggg~ Someone there?" I said quietly through the crack.

 

Thankfully, someone just happened to walk out of their bed room and heard me. 

 

"Hyori-ssi?"

 

I recognized the voice and sighed in relief.

 

"Kai-ssi! I...um....I don't have a towel with me.....Do you mind if I can borrow one?" I asked, my face turning red.

 

He nodded and walked over to the living room and said aloud, "Hyori-ssi needs a towel. Kyungsoo! Where did you keep 'em?"

 

My face turned even redder.

 

"They're in the closet in the hallway pabo. How do you not know that?" D.O replied back.

 

"Oh yeah..." Kai waled over to another door by the hallway and opened it. He grabbed the first towel from the top and walked over to the bathroom door. 

 

I opened the door a little wider and stood behind the door so my body was out of sight. "You can just drop it in here." I stuttered.

 

Kai did what I asked.

 

"Thanks. You're a life saver." I said sighing in relief as I closed the door.

 

"No problem." Kai laughed as he walked away.

 

I grabbed the towel and wrapped it around me. I then leaned against the door and mentally kicked myself.

 

"Oh my goodness Hyori. It hasn't even been 24 hours and you already embarrassed yourself. Nice going. Well the next few days will be fun....."

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~

 

 

 

Sorry for updating so late ;-; I have spring break in two weeks, so hopefully i came update again then