Chapter 1

Maybe Miracles Do Exist

 

"Hyori-ah!! Get me another beer!" I heard Junho yell from the living room.

 

"Okay, just give me a second!" I yelled back quickly putting the magazine I was currently reading down and running towards the refrigerator. I rummaged through all the junk trying to look for another beer can or bottle of soju.

 

"Yah! Where's my beer?! Why isn't it in my hands yet!?" Junho yelled even louder.

 

I started to panic. If Junho, my abusive alcoholic boyfriend, doesn't get what he wants within minutes, it's unpredictable to what he'll do. And let me tell you, 95% of the time it isn't good. I pushed cartons of left over food to the side and looked even deeper into the fridge. But I still couldn't find one. Scared, I opened the bottom drawers and was relieved when I found one more can of beer. I grabbed it closing the drawer and the fridge door and turned around to see a fuming beast. I stopped moving almost instantly and avoided his eyes. He grabbed the can out of my grasp and threw it across the kitchen. 

 

Great. He's drunk. And when he's drunk, that's when the physical abuse starts.

 

"What took you so long!?" He spatted. 

 

I wrinkled my nose. His unpleasant breathe smelt of alcohol and I did not like it. 

 

"M-mianhae...I-I couldn't find another bottle..." I stuttered.

 

He suddenly slapped me. My face jolted to the side and I brought my hand up to my left cheek.

 

That was it. I was tired of his crap and I don't want to deal with it anymore. I've been dealing with this excuse as a boyfriend for 4 years and I have had enough. I've been wanting to do this so many time. But he's probably the only reason why I'm not living out on the street. But you know what? I don't  care anymore. I'd prefer to live on the streets than with this abusive monster. 

 

I turned my head looking at him straight in the eye. 

 

" off," I simply said. His eyes became more darker and he seemed to tense up.

 

"What did you say?" I growled.

 

Suddenly, all my anger turned to fear. But for some reason, I found myself repeating my foul response.

 

" off."

 

He then grabbed me by the neck and shoved me against the walls. 

 

"Don't talk to me like that you disrespectful ," he barked.

 

I could feel tears forming in my eyes and I tried to push him off. Junho then pushed me back against the wall and the back of my head hit the wall hard. 

 

"This is what you get for telling me to ' off.'" he spatted. 

 

"Let go of me!! Please! Let go!" I struggled to get out of his grasp. My heart is beating of my chest and I'm scared to death right now. Out of desperation,  I kicked him in the groin. 

He let go falling to the ground. I tried to run away from the kitchen and into the living room so I can leave this hell hole but by the time I got to the kitchen door, I felt him grab me from behind and pull me back into the kitchen. 

 

"You're going to regret that," he growled.

 

He picked me up despite my struggles of to get him off me and led us to one of the bed rooms. There, he threw me onto the bed and quickly, yet somehow skillfully, tried my wrist and ankles to each corner of the bed leaving me in a vulnerable position. I screamed and cried tears streaming down the side of my face. Junho reached for a bandana and covered my mouth so that my screaming was more of a muffle. 

 

He stood at the front of the bed smirking, enjoying how powerless I was. 

 

I cried even harder, knowing that he was going to do. He's never gone this far before. He's physically and verbally abused me. But now he's taking it to the next level.

 

He climbed on top of me and explored my body. Kissing every exposed inch of skin and ripped off all my clothes. I closed my eyes as my worst nightmare becomes a reality. 

 

"Aniyo!!! Aniyo!! Please don't!! I'm sorry!! I'll never do it again. Just please!!" I tried to yell sobbing. 

 

Junho completely ignored my please and continued to ually abuse me. 

 

I can't believe I'm going to get . I can't believe that I'm going to lose my ity by getting by the guy I once loved. My life is over. I have no more hope left in me. My life can not get any better. 

 

I could see the bruises forming all over my body. My entire body was in pain, from head to toe. Why can't I just die right there and then. 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

After 45 minutes of pure torture, he finally untied me.

 

"This is what happens when you act disrespectful. Now do that again, and this will get 10 times worse," Junho warned.

 

Exhausted and feeling dead, I nodded wiping the tears away. I got up feeling extremely sore and seeing blood on the bed sheets. 

 

"Now go clean that up. I'm going to sleep now cause I'm tired as ," Junho yawned as he stumbled out of the room into his room.

 

Still , I took the sheet off and brought it to the washing machines. Emotionally scarred, I fell to the cold floor and cried. 

After five minutes, I finally put on a bra, new underwear and a clean outfit. I can't deal with this anymore. I'm done. 

 

I walked into my room and found a fairly large duffle bag in my closet. I filled it with enough clothes that'll hopefully last me 1 or 2 weeks and any thing important that I need such as any money I have, my passport, important papers et cetera et cetera. I zipped up the bag and grabbed my phone. I left my room and slowly walked over to Junho's room and pressed my ear against the closed door. Luckily, all I heard was his loud obnoxious snoring. 

 

I then walked through the hall way and went into the kitchen to see if I could bring anything along the way. After looking cabinets after cabinets, I found nothing but expired junk food. But I did find some packets of ramyun so I kept those. Better than nothing right? 

 

Finally, I started towards the door. The gate to my freedom. I opened the door and just walked out. Not looking back. With my body still sore, I trudged down the street. I walked through the semi empty city. 

 

I suddenly felt tired. Like I was about of collapse any minute. But I kept on going. My eye site became blurry and I kept tripping on my feet. I brought my hand to my face and flinched when I came to contact with my cheek. There was definitely a bruise there. No doubt about it. 

I was 99% sure my entire body was covered in bruises actually. Body's covered in bruises, I'm extremely sore due to Junho's ual abuse and now I have no where to go. 

 

I can't seem to think or see straight anymore. I don't even know what time it is or where I am for that matter. I just kept walking not turning back to that hell. I slowed down swaying side to side. I feel like I'm going to die. I'd like that though; I no longer have to deal with this emotional and physical pain. But then again I don't because I'm finally free. 

 

My head was pounding and everything felt so blurry. I think I saw people walking towards me. I think I heard someone ask if I'm alright. But I'm not sure because the next thing I know, I fall into someone's arms, or maybe it was the ground.