Chapter 6

Maybe Miracles Do Exist

 

Our pace quickened as we neared the building. By the time we entered the apartment, we collapsed on the floor out of breathe.

 

"Holy- What happened?!" Kai said as he rushed to the both of us.

 

"Hyori...he was here..." Chanyeol said still out of breathe.

 

"He? Who's he?!" D.O said as he knelt besides me to help me get up.

 

I sat up and buried my face in D.O's chest. My hands balled up in fists as hot tears moistened his black t-shirt. D.O looked up at Chanyeol looking for some answers.

 

"Her ex. That damn devil...He found her," Chanyeol said in a frustrated tone. 

 

D.O and Kai froze, not sure how to react to such news. Sehun and Suho suddenly appear by my side. I sit there silently crying into D.O's chest as everyone else conversed with Chanyeol. 

 

"She's alright and that's all that matter right now. I don't think he saw us walk anywhere towards here. But...we're not sure."

 

I lean back and sit against the wall, my messy hair covering my eyes. I bring my knees up to my chest and close my eyes and take deep breaths. I try to even out my breath but fail at the first attempt. Suho grabs my hand and holds it tight with both his hands. 

 

"We're always here for you. We'll make sure nothing happens to you. Don't ever forget that," Suho says in a low but reassuring voice. 

 

"Don't worry Hyori-ah. This will soon be over," Chanyeol added. 

 

I find that hard to believe, but I shouldn't be losing hope. Not just yet. 

 

"I don't know what to do. He's probably out there trying to look for me, and I would be lying if I said I'm not scared," I sigh.

 

Suddenly there was a knock on the door. We all froze as Sehun leaned forward looking through the peephole. He leaned back sighing with relief. "It's manager hyung," he stated.

 

The tense atmosphere was almost gone. Everyone started to relax. All but me. I wiped away the tears and said, "Shouldn't I be hiding in someone's room? Because the last time I checked, your manager doesn't know I'm here."

 

"That's true...Just go into my room. You know where it is, right?" Baekhyun asked.

 

I nodded and got up. I quickly shuffled into Chanyeol and Baekhyun's room and closed the door behind me. I heard the door open and Exo's manager walking in complaining about why it took them so long to open the door. I looked into the room and noticed that one side was messier than the other. I chuckled as I wiped away a stray tear on my cheek. I walked over to one of the beds and sat down. I yawn looking down at the pillow. "He wouldn't mind now would he?" I said quietly to myself as I lie down. My eyelids begin to feel heavy and my eyes slowly shut tight. 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

I woke up seeing rays of light seeping through the cracks from the blinds. I must've not slept for long. I got up, rubbing my eyes, and walked towards the door. But before I open it, I put my ear against to see whether or not their manager's still there. I waited for a few seconds and heard nothing so I opened the door and walked out. I was surprised to see that no one was home, but I just shrugged it off because they're idols. They have schedules. 

 

I walked into the kitchen to get myself a little snack and went through the cabinets and found one more bag of corn chips. I grabbed the bag and close the cabinet, content on the little discovery. Out of the blue, I heard the door open. I abruptly turn around and hide behind the kitchen counter. I take a quick look to see if a saesang fan got in. But then again, I heard nothing. I got up, slightly confused, and walked towards the door. I looked out and looked left and right. No one. I shrugged and closed the door. 

 

Just to play safe, I also looked through all the rooms. Thankfully I found no one anywhere. But I saw the water running in the bathroom. I carefully shut off the water, feeling slightly creeped out. But I just convinced myself that one of the guys must have forgotten to turn off the water before leaving. May not be the best explanation, but that's the best I can think of without spooking myself out. I casually went back into the kitchen and grabbed the bag of chips which I have dropped on the ground. In the corner of my eyes, I see something move. I turn around again for the second time.

 

"Hey! Is anyone there?" I yell out. I was hoping that I wouldn't be getting a response, and luckily I didn't get one. I'm probably just getting paranoid. I turn back to whatever I was doing and for the second time, I see something move swiftly in the corner of my eyes. I ignored it but I started to feel uneasy. Something didn't feel right. 

 

I cautiously walk over to the other side of the kitchen to grab myself a bowl. While pouring the chips into it, I heard deep heavy breathing somewhere behind me. I froze in my tracks. Chills went up my spine and goosebumps started forming on my arms. The heavy breathing inched closer and closer until I can feel it on the back of my neck. I opened my mouth to let out a scream but no sound was coming out. Before I could turn around, a large hand covered my mouth. 

 

I began to fight against the man's hold but his grasp is too tight. I'm turned around and I'm face to face with the devil. 

 

"Found you," Junho said as he smiled his impish smile. 

 

Horrified, I started to shake and I tried my best to escape his hold. 

 

"Don't think you'll be able to escape from my sights this time," he growled. 

 

No no no no. Why is he here?!

 

I jerk to the left and was able to knock him to the ground, but to my luck, I was brought down along with him. My head knocks against the wooden floor and my eyes tear up from the unbearable pain. Still holding onto me, Junho get's up and pushes me against the island, the corner jabbing me in the side. My eyes wide from the piercing pain. 

 

I can see Junho laughing. Does he enjoy watching me suffer?!

 

I push him as hard as I can into the wall. His elbow punctured the white walls and the wall clock above him fell in front of him, glass shattering in all different directions. I run to the right and into the bathroom. I look the door behind me and grab my phone which just happened to be in my pocket. I tried dialing the police station but before being able to press the green call button, the door was broken down by Junho. He stomped in and punched the mirror. I scream in sheet terror as he grabbed a large and sharp piece of glass and attempted to stab me. I was lucky enough for him to only graze against the skin of my arm. I cry from the searing pain but I thank God that no vital organs were injured. But as I tried to duck him, I ended up falling into the tub full of water. 

 

Water?! There wasn't any when I checked here! How-

 

Before I can finish my thought process, Junho jumped in sitting on top of me so that I had no way of escaping. His bloody hands grabbed my neck and held it with an incredibly tight grasp. I struggled for air and he forces my head under the red tinted water. I frantically move under him as I begin to lose oxygen. After what seems likes forever, I'm able to get my head above water. I gasped for air but halfway through, my head is once again submerged under the water. 

 

I heard him cackling, enjoying the sight of me as I fight for my life. Every time my head is above water, my nose is attacked with the strong scent of blood. The clear water is now red and I'm beginning to feel light headed. 

 

So this is how I'm going to die?

 

One last time, my head is forced under water.

 

I jerk awake and abruptly sit up. Beads of sweat roll down my face and my breathing is heavy. I check my arms and neck. No cuts or blood.

 

It was just a nightmare. I'm still here and Junho has not found my location yet. 

 

Then, the bedroom door opens and Baekhyun walked in saying that their manager has left. Upon seeing me, he sits on the edge of the bed. 

 

"Is there something wrong? You...look really pale. And you're sweating also. Did something happen?" he asks looking uneasy.

 

I wait a few seconds before responding.

 

"Ani. I just...had a nightmare that's all. I'm okay now."

 

I lied.