Chapter 4

Maybe Miracles Do Exist

 

The hours of the day passed much quicker than I thought because the next thing I know, it's nearly midnight. We just spent the past few hours watching several movies. My eyes slowly started to close as I was about to doze off. I brought my legs up to my chest and positioned myself so that I was in a comfortable position, yet didn't disturb anyone around me and then closed my eyes.

 

"Hey, let's go in our rooms now. Hyori-ssi is sleeping now," I heard a voice whisper.

 

I felt and heard everyone around me getting up and turn off the lights and t.v. Then, I felt a blanket cover me and a hand tuck some of my loose hair behind my ears.

 

"Sweet dreams, Hyori-ssi," he said softly.

 

I couldn't recognize who it was, probably because I was that sleepy. But I felt the corner of my lips turn upwards in response.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Bzzzzz.......Bzzzzz......Bzzzzz

 

I awoke feeling some vibration in the pocket of my pants. I looked out the window, half asleep, to see that it was still very dark outside. I groaned to myself thinking who would be calling me this late at night. Without checking the caller id, I picked up my phone.

 

"Yeobose-"

 

"Hyori-ah. Where the are you," a familiar voice interrupted me.

 

The hard gruff voice, filled me with fear. I opened my mouth to answer, but no sound came out.

 

"Answer me. NOW. Where is your ing !?"

 

I tried speaking again, but all that came out was a squeak. But finally, after a third try, I managed to get something out. "I'm somewhere far away from you," I whispered back voice shaking.

 

"Far away from me my . You better get back here by tomorrow, you son of a ," he growled into the phone.

 

I took in a deep breath and wrapped myself with my blanket.

 

With my voice still shaky, "W-Why do you even want me back there."

 

There was silence. Why does he want me back there? To have someone to yell at? Someone to physically abuse? Or to use as a punching bag when he's mad? Because I'm sure of it that I'm not going back there. Ever.

 

I repeated my question again, except with a little more confidence. "Why do you want me to come back."

 

I waited for a response, and finally got one. "I'm going to find you."

 

And then he hung up.

 

I put my phone down, scared for my life. What did I do to deserve this. 

 

Nothing.

 

I buried my face into my hands and began to cry. Warm tears started rolling down my face, my body aching once again. My breathing became uneven and my body continued to shake. His words ringing in my ear. 

 

"I don't want to die. No not yet. Please..." I whispered to myself. "Why did it have to be me. Why did I have to be the victim!?" I cried harder. I try and wipe my tears away but while doing so, I see Suho standing there in the hallway looking at me.

 

I prop myself up on the couch so my back was straight. 

 

"Suho-ssi...S-sorry for-" I tried to apologize for waking him but but in the middle of my apology, he quickly walks over to me, sits besides me on the couch, and gives me a hug.

 

"Hyori-ssi..." he whispered. "Please...stop crying. Everything will be okay..." He started rubbing my back in circular motions trying to calm me down. "We'll protect you from anything. I promise that you'll be safe with us," he then pulled back and used his thumb to wipe away my tears. "Please believe me," he said softly.

His soft and caring actions was able to calm me down. 

 

"Thank you..." was all I was able to say.

 

I guess Suho's nickname, guardian, really fits him well. 

 

He smiled ever so slightly and replied back with, "You're welcome." He then placed his hand over mine. "Why don't you go back to sleep now. It's 2:40 am right now."

 

I nodded slightly and said goodnight. 

 

"Goodnight, Hyori...ah. See you in the morning." He got up and walked back into his room.

 

I laid back down, my breathing somewhat even. I soon closed my eyes, feel quickly asleep, and slept through the night without any nightmares.