Chapter 5

Maybe Miracles Do Exist

 

The next few days are like a routine. They wake up early to go to work and come back late while I'm home alone doing whatever I can to keep myself busy. 

I don't go out often mainly because I don't want any sesaeng fans to find some women going into their apartment. I shouldn't be starting any scandals.

 

But today, I had to. 

 

I went to bathroom and saw my white underwear stained with blood. I cursed myself and at mother nature. 

 

"Reasons why I hate being a girl," I sigh as I go into my duffle bag to get a new pair of underwear and a pad. As I pull out the last pad in my bag, I sigh again in frustration. 

"Now I gotta go out. Great. Hopefully there won't be anyone there."

 

I changed into new clothes and hand wash the dirtied underwear and then hung it somewhere where the guys won't see it. 

I then walk out of the bathroom to see that the Exo K members are home.

 

"Welcome home!" I greeted them. "Waah! You guys got new hairstyles!"

 

Sehun chuckled ruffling his rainbow colored hair.

 

"Ne, it's for our comeback. You approve of them?" Chanyeol asked.

 

"Of course I do. You all look very handsome."

 

"We always look handsome, Hyori-ah," Kai commented.

 

I chuckled at his cockiness and then put on my shoes.

 

"Where do you think you're going missy?" Kai asked.

 

"I need to buy something," I replied back.

 

"I can just go buy it for you. What do you need?" D.O offered.

 

"Um...some girl stuff..." I said a bit embarrassed.

 

"Girl stuff? Make up? You can just borrow Baekhyuyn's," Chanyeol joked.

 

"Yah!" Baekhyun said hitting his tall companion on the arm.

 

"Aniyo. I need...um...napkins," I say getting quieter and quieter towards the end of the sentence.

 

"You need what?" Suho asks.

 

"She needs napkins, hyung," Kai replied.

 

"Oh," he said awkwardly.

 

"Napkins? We have a lot of those in the kitchen cabinet. Why would you need to buy more?" Sehun asked sounding slightly confused.

 

Everyone, including myself, stared at Sehun, bewildered at his question. He looked so innocent and of course, him being the maknae, I'm not all that surprised. But didn't he graduated highschool? Shouldn't he know about this?

 

Chanyeol motioned the poor lost maknae to come closer to him and he obliged. He then leaned in and whispered something to Sehun. 

Sehun's jaw suddenly dropped forming an O shape. "Oh! I get it...Oh how stupid am I..."

 

I could feel my face getting a little red.

 

"Aigoo, why is it getting so awkward in here? Hyori-ah's a woman for goodness sake. This is totally normal," Baekhyun said trying to lessen the amount of awkwardness in the room.

 

"Ne. Heh, hyung's right. Hyori-ah, at least let one of us come with you. What if something happens?"

 

I sigh saying, "But what if someone recognizes you? Won't rumors start going around?"

 

"Ah, is that what you're worried about? Don't worry about it, Hyori-ah. Everything will be fine," Chanyeol said.

 

"You sure?"

 

"Positive. Here, I'll come with you. Let's go~" Chanyeol said as a silly smiled appeared on his face.

 

I nodded and followed him out the door, waving goodbye to the others. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

I walk down the isles looking for what I needed, Chanyeol trailing behind me not saying much.

 

"You wanna get something for yourself? I'll pay for it," I offered as I grabbed a box of sanitary napkins. 

 

"Aniyo. I'm okay, and I'll pay for it. Don't worry."

 

Chanyeol reached for his pocket to take out some money, but I stopped him refusing for him to pay. 

 

"I have money don't worry. But thanks for the offer," I said smiling kindly at him.

 

I turn around to walk towards the cash register, but through the glass windows of the store, I see a familiar, and scary figure, walking around with a grey hoodie on. I drop to the floor, scaring Chanyeol. Alarmed, he bends over and asks what's wrong. I'm at a lost for words. H-how...how did he get so close? I was sure I walked  miles and miles away from that hell. I shook violently unable to calm myself down. Tears are threatening to escape my eyes. Memories flashing in my mind. My body starts to ache as I think about all the physical and emotional pain he has inflicted on me.

 

"Hyori-ah! Hyori-ah!" Chanyeol said trying to get my attention. "What is happening!?" 

 

I slowly point out the window hand still shaking. I open my mouth and all I'm able to say is, "It's him."

 

Chanyeol looks out and looks to the direction where I'm pointing. He quickly looks back. "Here, put on your hoodie and get up."

 

I nod and obey, my breathing still uneven. Chanyeol wipes away a stray tear with his thumb. "You'll be safe with me. I'll make sure nothing happens to you."

He holds me close and together we walk towards the cashier. He sees my shaking and asks if I'm okay, and Chanyeol answers for me saying that I had a panic attack. Feeling a bit bad, he refused to take the money and told us that it's on him and that we should head home as soon as possible. Chanyeol thanked him still holding me close. I'm surprised he didn't recognize him, but that's beside the point. 

 

We head towards the exit when we see him walking towards the entrance. "Look down," Chanyeol whispers.

 

The next thing I know is that I'm looking down at the ground and I see a familiar pair of shoes walk right besides Chanyeol. We exit the convenient store and was about to turn left towards the apartment building when we both heard him yell, "Park Hyori!!"

~~~~

Omg sorry for all the mechanic errors & switch in verb tense/usage in my story ;-; & sorry for the long wait /sobs. I promise I'll write another update this weekend. I also have another story coming up. So please look forward to it ^^