Chapter 2

Maybe Miracles Do Exist

 

I heard soft talking around me and I slowly fluttered my eyes open. The first thing I notice is a guy with dark brown hair, back against the couch and sitting on the floor, watching t.v. Speaking of the couch, I realize that I apparently slept on it since I just woke up on it. Plus there's a soft gray blanket on me. But when I finally realized that I was in an unfamiliar environment and jolted up instantly flinching due to my bruised body. 

 

Right after I made any type of movement, the guy in front me turned his head and revealed his handsome face. He looked familiar. It's like I've seen him before, but I can't remember where since I literally can't think straight. 

 

He got up and kneeled on the floor and quietly asked, "Are you alright?"

 

I looked at him and then to my arms which had bruises covering them. I slowly shook my head covering my face with my hands remembering what happened last night. I started to tear up the scaring memory haunting me.

 

"What....what happened last night?" I asked shaking. 

 

"We found you stumbling outside this building. My friends and I were coming home from a busy day from work and then we saw you. It...it looked like you were about to collapse. But luckily before you did, my friend caught you," he said softly.

 

"We didn't know whether or not you were drunk but them you were bleeding and had bruises so we thought you maybe could have gotten in a fight with someone else and instead of bringing you to the E.R we just brought you here...." he continued. 

 

Suddenly 5 other tired looking guys walked out of the hallway. 

 

"Omo, look, she's awake!" The tall male said grinning as he quickly walked towards me.

 

Again, I'm getting this sense that I've seen then somewhere. But it's bothering me that I can't figure out where.

 

The rest followed the tall male and surrounded the couch, but not over crowding it. The tall guy's smile suddenly disappeared when he my glassy eyes. 

 

"Omo, don't cry. Did we do something wrong?" 

 

I shook my head, my messy brown hair falling over my face. 

 

"If you don't mind, could you explain to us what happened last night?" I head someone ask.

 

I sniffed wiping the tears away.

 

"Y-you don't have to tell us if you don't want to," the same guy suddenly said when he saw me wiping my tears away.

 

I continued to wipe my eyes and tucked my hair behind my ears and looked up at them with red eyes.

 

"I was....I was-" but before I could finish my sentence, I started crying again. 

 

I brought my legs up to my chest and hugged them. I don't care if that hurts, I just can't. 

The guy that was kneeling reached over for tissue and gently wiped my tears away carefully. 

 

"It's alright...." he said gently as if he was unsure on what he should do.

 

"I w-was ...last night..." I was able to choke out in between my sobs. I began to cry harder as everyone froze in place. 

 

They looked at each other completely shocked at what came out of my mouth. I wiped my tears away trying to even out my breathe. I just continued to look down avoiding their gazes wiping my eyes occasionally. 

 

"Why didn't you call the police on him??" a short male asked.

 

Why didn't I? I could've called the police and gotten him arrested. But then I realized that being the helpless person I am, I'd probably go back to him after attempting to run away and ask for his forgiveness.

 

"Because....because he's the one that provides me with a roof over my head. He's the one that provides the food on my plate every night....well not every night...he's my boyfriend..." I quietly said. 

 

Once again it became quite. 

 

"How about your parents? Why couldn't you go back to them?" the same male asked.

 

"They're dead," I said straight out shocking them once again.

 

"Friends?" 

 

"My one and only best friend is dead. I lost all contact of all my others friends after my boyfriend isolated me from them 4 years ago," I said with a monotone voice.

 

"But I don't want to go back. I don't want to go live there anymore. I'm tired of having to deal with his abusing. His cruel way of "loving me". No, I don't think he loves me anymore. He's bought plenty of girls home which stayed the night with him in his room not even caring that I'm right there. He pretty much treats me like crap. I guess you can say I was his slave," I added.

 

"But I wouldn't know where to go without him...." I continued. It's funny how last night I was confident that I was going to run away from him and live my own life. But now I'm not sure. 

 

Everyone sat there and listened to my story. When I was done, they all had serious faces on with a hint of sadness. 

 

"You can stay with us if you'd like..." the guy with slightly tan skin said.

 

When I heard those words ringing through my ear, I shot my head up looking at them. 

 

"I'd be asking too much...I don't want to be a burden on you."

 

"But you can't go back there! You'll get hurt even more!" the tall guy frowned.

 

"You're staying here with us. I don't care what you say," said the guy with large round eyes.

 

The rest of them nodded. 

 

The corner of my mouth turned upwards. I could feel tears forming in my eyes again.

 

"Omo you're crying again!" The tale male frowned.

 

"They're tears of joy Chanyeol. You babo," the guy besides him said.

 

Then it hit me. Chanyeol. Chanyeol. Chanyeol. That names sounds familiar. I then froze and looked up at the six of them who looked at me weirdly.

 

"Y-you're Exo K!!" I gasped.

 

They all nodded in sync saying their little greeting.

 

"We are one! We are Exo!" they said in sync grinning.

 

My hopes were then suddenly crushed.

 

"Ani. Aniyo, I can't stay here. Nope," I said trying to get off the couch but stopped due to the pain.

 

"A-ni-yo. You're staying here missy.  I don't care what you say, you're staying over here with us. It's more safer here than out on the street or your so called "boyfriend's" house." the male with round eyes, who's name I happen to know after figuring out they're Exo K. 

 

"You're all sure I can stay here? I won't be too much trouble?" I asked shyly.

 

"Ne. We don't mind at all." 

 

"Now I guess we don't need to introduce ourselves since you seem to know who were are?" Baekhyun said grinning. The sad atmosphere has disappeared.

 

I shook my head. 

 

"I'm Park Hyori. I'm 19 years old and thank you for letting me into your home."