Chapter 1

Five Seconds

 

 

Seo Joohyun POV

 

“Truth or dare?” Asked Hyoyeon eonni when the bottle she spun pointed at me.

“Uhmm..” I wasn’t in the mood to be interogated by my eonnis, “Dare.” I said.

Tonight, Hyoyeon eonni, Sunny eonni and Yuri eonni dragged me to the night club after they knew i broke up with Changmin Oppa. They were my sunbaes in collage and really cared about me, so they called this sudden gathering as my consolation party. Sunny eonni suggested us to play truth or dare. I knew her intention, she wanted to dig how i and Changmin oppa broke up. I really didn’t want to talk about that, so i picked dare instead of truth.

“Aish! why you pick dare?” Said sunny eonni frustrated.

“Just because...” I said.

“Well, i’ll make a tough dare...” Said Yuri eonni.

Her eyes scanned the night club to find an object to be dared. Then suddenly her eyes brighten, whoops i thought it must be a dangerous dare.

“Look, Joohyun-ah! You see those four boys in the corner?” She asked.

I looked at the direction which she pointed. I saw a group of four handsome boys in front of us. They looked like making fun of the boy who was the tallest among them. The one with eyesmile patted the tall guy and the one with the captivated bursted cheek smile laughed mischievously and the last boy with a very fair complexion just smile and sipped his drink calmly.

“The dare is...” Yuri eonni announced, “You have to kiss one of that boy.”

“What?” I turned to her in a utter shock.

“That’s the dare, My dear. Or you are afraid?” said Yuri eonni.

“I’m not afraid! But...” I said.

“If you want to pick truth, i don’t mind..” Said Sunny eonni. I knew she would asked me about Changmin oppa.

“Oh please, eonni... i don’t want to talk about him now.” I said.

“So just do the dare!” Said Hyoyeon eonni, adding an oil to fire.

“Aish! okay!” I got up from my seat.

“Wait, Hyeonni... you have to kiss one of those boy in five second. Then we consider that your dare is accomplished.” Said Yuri eonni.

I sighed and nodded. I started to walk and approached those bunch of flower boys. Yuri eonni was very kind, at least she didn’t ask me to kiss a middle aged man. As i walk closer my heart thumped even crazier. Oh my God! I was going to kiss a stranger!

“E-excuse me?” I said. There was four good looking boys in front of me but only one whom i stared intently. The one who teased the tallest guy before. The man with that charming toothy smile. Somehow, his smile attracted me a lot.

“Yes?” The one with the playfull image stared at me.

“Errr... can you help me?”

“Ehm.. what can i do for you, Miss?” He asked me hesitantly.

Okay, Seo Joohyun. This was only dare, only game.. kiss a stranger once wouldn’t hurt. I leaned my head closer to him and i kissed him. I counted in my head. One. Two. Three. Four. Five. Done! I stood up and bowed a little to him, then left him in utter shock. I immediately walked to my eonnis without turned my back. It was so embarrassing! My eonnis cheered like crazy.

“Joohyun-ah! How is it feel? Good?” Hyoyeon unni asked me.

“Why you pick that person?” Asked Yuri eonni.

“I thought you will choose the one with those beautiful complexion. I like him a lot.” Said Sunny eonni.

“Eonni! Stop it! it’s embarrassing!” I cupped my cheek to hide my blushed cheek.

“Hey! He stares at you!” Said Hyoyeon eonni.

“Of course he does! He must think that i am a crazy girl!” I said helplessly. It had already done, the kiss had already happened.

“Eonni.. i want to go home! I can’t stand this situation!”

“Hahaha! At least you won’t think about Changmin again. I am sure you will dream about that man tonight!” Said Yuri eonni.

I shook my head then left my three crazy eonni. I couldn’t believe that they could make me kiss a stranger. Stupid game! Argh! My mind was too messy to thought about what was right and what was wrong! I better went home, took a cold shower and sleep.

I walked to the main road to wait taxi. But the taxi doesn’t come yet, so i just wait. Suddenly a voice of a man startled me.

“Hey, Miss... you must responsible of what you have done!”

There, the man whom i kissed before, stood in front of me...

 

Jung Yonghwa POV

 

“Jungshin-ah! You looked weird with your hair style..” I said. I really love to teased Jungshin. Actually, he looked good in that hair style but i wouldn’t compliment him. Never.

“What? Hyung, people said that i look more handsome!” Protested Jungshin.

“Those people have a bad sense.. better if you make your head bald, you will look even handsome!!” I laughed playfully. Jungshin just glared at me.

“Aigoo~ just ignore, Yonghwa hyung Jungshin-ah.” Minhyuk patted Jungshin shoulder. Jonghyun just sipped his drink while watching our silly behaviour.

“Excuse me..” suddenly a voice of a girl distracted us.

“Yes?” I looked at her and wow! I thought i was talking with angel. She was really beautiful.

“Errr... can you help me?” She asked.

“Ehm.. what can i do for you, Miss?” I asked her back. Please, Miss. I was only mortal human.. how could i help an angel?

Suddenly she leaned and kissed me! WHAT THE HELL? I held my breath and unconsciously counted. One. Two. Three. Four. Five. Then she released her kiss and went away without a single words! What was that? What was that?!! For God sake, what the hell she did to me??!!! I just stared at her with my mouth hanged open.

“Hyung?” Asked Jonghyun.

“Huh?”

“Are you okay, Hyung?” Asked Minhyuk.

“Huh?”

“Hyung, close your mouth.” Said Jungshin.

“Huh?”

“Hyung! Get back to your sense!!” Jonghyun shook my shoulder.

“Huh?”

Silence.. then all of my dongsaeng bursted to laugh.

“HAHAHAHAHA!!! Hyung’s first kiss is stolen by a stranger!” Jungshin laughed his off. He surely enjoy this moment.

Right! That was my first kiss. Don’t dare to laugh at me! I had many girlfriend before but i just didn’t want to kiss them. That was the main reason why i dumped by all of my girlfriend. No, i wasn’t a gay. I was 100% normal man. That was why, i was captivated by her beauty. That angel who stole my first kiss.

“But she is beautiful.” Said Jonghyun.

“Yes. I agree with you.” Said Minhyuk, “Look! I think she is in a game or something.”

“Yes.” Said Jungshin who watched that girl cheered by the other girls, “Why she choose Yonghwa Hyung?”

“He just lucky.” Said Jonghyun, “I don’t mind if she choose me...”

“Ah! Just shut  up!” Their comment gave me a headache.

My dongsaeng started to teased me but i didn’t really hear them. All of my attention went to that girl. I saw her got up from her seat than left the club. You wanted to escape, huh? It wasn’t that easy. I got up from my seat too and followed her.

 

Seo Joohyun POV

 

The man whom i kissed stood in front of me. Why oh why he followed me? Was he angry? Of course.. i could see from his eyes.

“I am sorry...” I said and bowed low, “It was my eonnis. They dared me to kiss you... i really really sorry.”

“So.. that was just a game for you?” He said in serious tone.

“I know that i was rude. Please forgive me..” I admited that i regret it but there was no use to feel regret. All i could do was say sorry.

“Forgive you?” He leaned on me and took a strand of my hair. I stepped backward, try to run away but my leg suddenly become weak.

“Ye-yes, please?” I pleaded.

Somehow this man presence really intimidating. His gesture, his voice, his touch really affect me. it wasn’t scare but strangely i found it flirtatious. He leaned closer to me. I closed my eyes and felt his voice right on my ear.

“It’s not that easy.” He whispered. Brought shiver all over my body.

He roamed his hand to my back and run it down further. Wa-wait!! This was a rapping! I was about screaming but i realized that he took my cell phone. He fiddled it then handed it back to me.

“I got your number, you just can’t run away from me.” He patted my head then left me.

What... what was that? I couldn’t run away from him? Argh! Why this stupid game became a complicated problem?

 

Jung Yonghwa POV

 

I woke up in the morning and unconsciously touched my lips. The last night event flashed in my memory. That unknown beautiful girl. The kiss. The five seconds kiss. I smiled unknowingly, how could my first kiss ended up like this? I closed my eyes again and tried to remember the kiss. Her lips was so soft, sweet and tasted like strawberry. Hang on! Why i could remember that very detail? Yonghwa! You must be out of your mind! I got up from my bed then got ready. I had to meet my bandmates and practice. Ah~ they would enjoy to tease me today.

 

“Good Morning.” I said casually to my bandmates who had waited in practice room.

“Yah! Look who’s coming! The man who lost his ity” Said Jonghyun.

“Mwo?! Am i a girl?” I shouted, annoyed.

“How did it feels, Hyung?” Asked Minhyuk.

“I bet you want it more, right? See, i told you hyung! Kissing is very good.” Said Jungshin.

“Ya!” I hit Jungshin’s head.

“It hurts, Hyung!” He whimpered.

“Who told you to speak recklessly?!” I shouted.

“I am sorry, Hyung.” He said but he still grinned mischievously. Aigoo this brat! He never felt sorry for real.

I sighed. Well, these boys really got on my nerve! Calm down Jung Yonghwa. This was the time to practice! You should focus!

“Let’s start practice.” I said firmly. Then all my dongsaeng grabbed their instrument, obeyed what i was asking.

 

***

 

It was late at afternoon after i practiced. I had to go to my part time job. Since i gave up on university, my parents kicked me out from the house. My passion was become a singer and musician but they never agree to my decision. So since i went out from my house, i made my own living. I worked in the coffee shop near Dongguk university and did a music gig in the club with my band, CNBLUE. Today there wasn’t a gig held, so i took a long shift in the coffee shop.

“Anyeong haseyo, sajangnim” I greeted the owner of the coffee shop.

He was a kind middle aged man and he liked me so much. No wonder, since i worked here, so many customers came. Yeah right, it was because of me.. i admited that i was a good looking man. Kekeke. 

“Ah! Yonghwa-yah! You’ve came!” He said warmly.

“Ne.” I bowed and went to change to my uniform.

He patted my shoulder and said, “Yeah! Make yourself handsome today!”

I shook my head. Was i a host or something? Well, i wasn’t really care as long as he paid me. He always went home from the coffee shop at six pm and left the rest to me. The coffee shop wasn’t big, so i could handle it on my own.

I yawned at the counter. Sajangnim had already left and there was no customer. I played with my handphone then i remember something. Her number. I scrolled it and just stared at her number. What should i do with this? Called her? Sent her a text message? While i was busy with my own mind, there a customer came.

“Excuse me? Can i have a cup of iced americano?”

“Yes, of co-“ I paused. She was here! The first kiss stoler angel! “You!”

“Omo!” She looked shocked. She was about turning back and run..

“Want to run away?” I paused. “Coward.” I just didn’t understand where this courage to came from.

“I am not a coward!” Her nostril are flarring. “Just give me iced americano!” She demanded daringly.

“Okay, miss.” I prepared an iced americano for her. Well, we had a same favorite drink. I chuckled stupidly. Wait? Why i felt so happy?

“Here you go..” I handed her the cup

“Thanks...” She took it and sat on the nearest table.

I looked at her stared at iced americano hesitantly. She brought the straw up and down, up and down. It seemed that she thought to drink it or not. I found her very amusing, why she order iced americano if she didn’t want to? Then she sipped it a bit and stuck out her tongue.

“Ugh! What kind of drink is it? Bitter!” She said.

“That is the taste of iced americano, Miss. Haven’t you drunk it?” I asked.

She looked at me and shook her head.

“So why you order it?” I asked her in curiousity. I came closer to her and sat in front of her. She looked annoyed because of my presence but she just stared at me.

“None of your business..” She answered.

“Woo.. act cold” I .

“Stop teasing me, okay?” She exploded, “I order it because i hate it, satisfy?”

Huh? She order it because she hated it? What a weird girl. “I am not satisfied. Your reason even doesn’t make any sense.”

“I can’t drink alcohol.. i am in the bad mood. I just don’t know.. and i end up buy the drink that i hate the most. Well, both of them aren’t healthy, though.”

“You are weird.” I chuckled.

She glared at me and got up from her chair.

“Wa-wait! I am sorry....” I was panicked because she intended to leave. No not this time when finally i could meet her. “I will make a vanilla latte instead. It is not bitter, i think you will like it.”

She looked at me. Hesitantly at first but she sighed then sat again on her chair.

“Chakhaman...” I said and run to pantry immediately. In five minutes the hot vanilla latte was served on her table.

She took it and had a sipped.

“Otte?” I asked.

Then she smiled, “It’s delicious.”

My heart skip a beat when i saw her smile. She was indeed beautiful, but with her smile plastered on her face, made her even beautiful. And i swore i couldn’t get her out of my head anymore even for one second.

“Glad that you like it..” I smiled to her.

“But i think i can’t drink this often. Coffee isn’t good for health.”

“Well, you can drink this once in a while...”

“Yes” she answered then took another sip.

“Better?” I asked.

“Ne? Ne... kamsahamnida.” She paused, “Well, about what happen before... i am really sorry.”

“What? Ah.. the kiss?” Well, if i thought of it, i felt blessed because you kiss me that night.

She nodded.

“Don’t worry. Maybe i just exaggerating... because that was my first kiss..” I smacked my head mentally. How could i revealed those fact to her?? Pabo ya!

“Mwo? That was yo-you first?” She asked shockingly.

“Well...”

She giggled and covered .

“What? Is that so funny?” I asked, annoyed.

“Aniyo. I just surprised... it’s rare finding a boy who never kiss before.” She paused, “Aigoo~ ottoke? I steal your first kiss...”

“Yes.. Miss Kiss stoler.”

“Ya! I have a name! it’s Seo Joohyun!”

Oh.. it was Joohyun then? “Okay, Joohyun-ssi.”

“I am sorry....”

“Well, what is done, done. Maybe that’s a way for us to meet. At least we can be.. friend maybe?” i offered.

“Sounds good.” She looked happy and offered her hand.

I took it and shook her hand, “Jung Yonghwa.” I said, “So, on first attemp to make friend with you, mind to tell the reason why you have a bad mood today?”

She chuckled, “Wow.. what a fast friendship development.”

“No?”

“I broke up with my boyfriend.” She said. And i felt glad. So she was free now? Kekeke.

“Oh.. i feel sorry about that. is it to mainstream if i say ‘don’t worry, there are still a lot of handsome guy out there’?”

“Yes.. that’s too common and idealistic. Finding the right person isn’t easy.. even there are a lot of guys in this world.”

“Just enjoy your single status now..”

“Yes.. i think i don’t need a boyfriend for now. I am kinda trauma..”

“Wae?” A bad thought run in my mind. Did she rapped by his boyfriend or something?

“He is a gay.”

“Mwo?” I was shocked, “How can it be?”

“Stupid huh? I don’t know.. maybe he use me to forget his boyfriend but he can’t. After two months i figured it out that he is still in love with his previous mate. No wonder he never kiss me or make any skinship with me...”

“Oh..” I was speechless. His love story so tragic. “Is he your first boyfriend?”

“No.. he is the...” She counted with her fingers. She used all her finger.. wow what a player she was. “I don’t remember” She grinned.

“Even you lost count how many boyfriend you have.  You can break the world record then...”

“Not that many, it just i never count or remember them. They are not... special. I just can’t feel the spark, so i dumped them. I never had a relationship more than a month, so when i found Changmin oppa, i thought he is the one.. but no. So i really dissapointed.”

I simply nodded, didn’t sure how to react and say. Her experience kinda similar with me. I had a tons of relationship that i couldn’t remember how many times. But the spark like she talked about, didn’t appear..

“So what about you? You haven’t in any relationship before?”

“Kinda similar with you. Have a lot of relationship before but didn’t find any chemistry.. so i ended up broke up with them. Because i can’t feel it so i don’t have any desire to make any skinship with my girlfriend. So i ended up being dumped by them...”

“Oh!” She gasped, “Don’t say that you are gay!”

“Mwo? Anio! I am 100% normal man!”

“Haha.. okay then.” She sipped her vanilla latte then suddenly stared at me, “I am curious about something.”

“What?”

“Do you feel it?”

“What?”

“The spark.. when i kiss you?”

I scratched my head, “ I am not sure...” True.. i wasn’t sure. The kiss was unforgetable, i liked that but.. was it the spark that i looking for?

“Wanna try again?” She asked playfully.

“Tempting offer..” I smirked.

She leaned closer to me.. the atmosphere was just so right... but RING! RING! Her phone rang. She quickly answered it.

“Yoboseyo? Ah eonni! i am okay. Now? Oh okay then. Bye.” She hung up, “I have to go now.”

“Oh.. yes.” I answered. Somehow i felt dissapointed.

“Well.. we’ll continue that later, Yonghwa-ssi” She winked and left.

I definitely would wait for that time to come....

 

To be continued

 


Author's note :

Hi this is meluvyuya! how are you? it's been a while... kkkk

so, this is my new fic. ha! instead of finished LA I'm in love (my on going fic), i write a new one. mind me huhu T.T

but don't worry, for the one who read LA I'm in love, i am still working on it.. kkk.

so.. what do you think about this one?

happy reading!

ps: can't wait for CNBLUE's comeback. Are you excited too? ^^

 

-meluvyuya-