A series of awkward events

Gay and and Falling for a Homophobe

Chunji spent the rest of the day feeling confused; he barely talked through dinner and left quickly for his bedroom to attempt doing some homework. Attempt failed. All the homework he had was from Joon and there were two things distracting Chunji from this, two people actually; L.Joe and Lee Joon. Chunji gave up on the homework idea and slumped on his bed with a book from the shelf across the room, Chunji opened the book trying his best not just to stare at the pages but actually read.  Chunji did read, but it was the same paragraph twenty times over before he dropped it on the bed beside him and sighed in frustration.  His mind made its way back to the two men that had occupied his thoughts since that afternoon and he almost missed the timid knock on the door.

Chunji expected Mrs Lee to stick her head in the door but was surprised to see L.Joe gingerly stepping inside the large room. Chunji sat up but didn’t say anything; L.Joe walked over to the bed and sat down looking over at his friend. Finally L.Joe spoke “You’re pretty shocked huh?” Chunji nodded, “It’s just the first time that a male teacher’s confessed to me” and L.Joe’s eyes bulged at the distinction. L.Joe found his words after a moment “Y-You’ve been confessed to by a teacher before??” and Chunji merely nodded. “Two girl teachers that used to work at our school, one left the school after I told her I didn’t think of her that way (that was a fib he actually told her that he wasn’t interested in girls, but he wasn’t ready for L.Joe to know that) The other teacher lost her job because she tried to seduce me even after I rejected her” L.Joe sat in silence with his mouth agape, Chunji’s popularity was starting to sink in. L.Joe felt a little twinge, but not knowing what it was, he pushed it aside.

L.Joe’s eyes wandered over to the three piles of letters on Chunji’s bedside table, three piles, not just one mountain; three. “Shouldn’t you read those?” L.Joe asked, turning back to face the handsome boy that was now leaning against a pillow propped up against the white wall behind him. Chunji smirked and said two words “Choose one” so L.Joe stood up and took two short steps that got him to the small table laden with admirer’s notes, picking one off the top of the tallest pile and while fiddling to open the envelope he didn’t see Chunji’s smile grow. L.Joe pulled the paper out and went to hand it to Chunji but was surprised when Chunji said “I want you to read it first” So reluctantly L.Joe sat down again with the letter in hand ready to read, Chunji watched intently as L.Joe’s beautiful eyes started to scan the page and grinned when he saw L.Joe’s cheeks develop a lovely pink tint to them. 

L.Joe was all too aware of his face burning and wasn’t even finished reading the letter when he screamed “This guy’s asking you for !?!” leaving Chunji laughing at his outburst, L.Joe’s eyes were round in shock and Chunji almost fell off the bed in hysterics. Chunji wiped tears from his eyes and said “I probably should’ve told you that the first pile is anonymous, the second is girls and the third is boys” L.Joe relooked at all the piles and yep, the largest (from which he had chosen) was the pile from boys. L.Joe was gobsmacked; Chunji was most definitely the most popular boy in school and L.Joe realised how many of them would love to just be friends with Chunji, how many would love to be in L.Joe’s place. That thought unnerved him for a moment but he shook it from his head listening because Chunji was talking once more  “Sorry, I forgot some of the letters can be a bit…explicit” the older chuckled as he uttered the last word. L.Joe smiled grimly “Well at least he’s asking you…” L.Joe didn’t finish his sentence but he didn’t need to, it had been obvious what was implied *Well at least he’s asking you…he didn’t just you*

 

The mood lightened by some miracle and the two continued reading the letters together, some of them were actually quite funny, or just so sappy that it caused them to gag. However some of them were downright dirty and some others even wrote fanfics about themselves and Chunji…they were a little awkward to read but the boys read them anyway and by the time they were finished it was well past midnight.  L.Joe felt the unidentified twinge of emotion and the last thing that he saw before his head hit the mattress, was Chunji’s deep brown eyes fluttering closed before his own followed suit.  

Another awkward morning followed, Chunji woke first when he felt pressure around his waist…and it was getting a little tighter. He looked down and almost yelped when for the second day in a row he found a gorgeous teenage boy latched to him…while in bed, specifically; his bed. *Oh god…why? How can someone be so perfect?* he thought while gazing at the younger in a way that could only be described as loving. L.Joe was in the midst of a good dream; he was in a club, doing what he loved; singing and dancing along to the song blasting through the air. His hips swayed to the beat and he didn’t even have to think about it, suddenly there was a pair of hands on his waist from behind him, but L.Joe didn’t feel threatened. The hands felt familiar, safe even, he liked the feeling of those secure hands keeping a hold of him. L.Joe was overcome with curiosity to see the one with arms he felt so comfortable in, he turned around and was met with dark, sparkling brown eyes and looks that would rival his own. L.Joe’s eyes widened as he took in the sight of the taller and older figure before him, L.Joe barely had time to think before a pair of lips found his.

L.Joe’s eyes flew open and his face was hot, the dream had seemed so real and L.Joe could’ve sworn the embrace, the soft hands and beautiful eyes he remembered felt so right. He felt at home in the arms of that person, even before he had seen who it was he didn’t feel scared like he did when those guys from two years ago laid their hands on him, they had felt cold and rough. This person was nothing like them, they had scarred him as they radiated lust when they surrounded him in that lonely, dark alleyway. This mystery person had radiated kindness and warmth, perhaps even something more…love? L.Joe looked over to the boy he realised was next to him and instantly wished he hadn’t, the face of his mystery person flashed in his mind as he recalled the last few seconds of his dream vividly. The reason the eyes, hands and even the lips that kissed him before he woke from the dream, seemed so familiar was because he knew them. The face he remembered was Chunji’s face.

Chunji was officially convinced that neither of them could go one day without going red in the face, it was simply impossible for whatever reason. Chunji glanced over to the younger and was just in time to see L.Joe’s face snap in the other direction, Chunji felt a pang of disappointment when he realised that L.Joe mustn’t what to look at him.*No, that can’t be it, I haven’t done anything* Chunji rationalized in his head, L.joe meanwhile, was leaving the room. Seeking refuge in his own bedroom, L.Joe slumped on the couch in the centre of his room and let out a frustrated huff. Why the hell was he dreaming about Chunji?? (Let alone being kissed by Chunji) Wasn’t he supposed to be a homophobe? L.Joe’s head was still spinning from the realistic dream he had been having only minutes earlier and he was plagued with the same twinging feeling that had started last night, L.Joe was getting fed up with it, he had no idea what it meant and he couldn’t figure it out. L.Joe decided to be stubborn and just ignored it, distracting himself with getting ready for school and then going down for breakfast after.

 Chunji had puzzled over L.Joe’s weird behaviour but figured it was maybe just because he was still a little afraid of guys, but Chunji had only ever hugged him. Heck, he hadn’t even told L.Joe he was gay (but decided he would soon) They were both quiet at breakfast, thankfully Mrs Lee didn’t ask why and when walking to school Chunji finally couldn’t take the silence any longer “L.Joe have I done something wrong?” he asked, trying to hide the desperation in his voice. L.Joe summed up the courage to look Chunji in the eyes for the first time since his dream and shook his head “No, you didn’t do anything. I’m just not feeling so good, that’s all” he lied, putting on a fake smile so the other wouldn’t worry (too late for that) Chunji cocked his head to one side, still not so sure that he wasn’t the source of L.Joe’s discomfort “Are you sure? You’ve been acting weird since you woke up, did you have a nightmare?” L.Joe’s eyes widened in surprise “Uh” he started stammering “S-Something like that” and he abruptly turned his gaze to look at the ground as he walked.

 Chunji thought for a moment before a horrible idea occurred to him “L.Joe? I didn’t…do anything to you in this dream…did I?” L.Joe’s face burned when he heard Chunji’s suspicions, Chunji asked once more “Did I do something you don’t like? Did I hurt you?” L.Joe violently shook his head yet again and said instantly “No, no, no you didn’t hurt me, you just surprised me that’s all…” L.Joe felt confused, he was still a homophobe but he hadn’t been able to say Chunji did something he didn’t like; kissing him. L.Joe’s thoughts flew in every direction refusing to let him get a grasp on any of them, like he was in a maze with no way to get out. His mind flailed trying to understand what his dream meant; didn’t dreams usually reflect our subconscious? Things we want but we don’t even know yet? *Nah it couldn’t be that* L.Joe convinced himself *we also dream about the things we fear, yeah that must be it!* Feeling a little reassured with his more plausible theory, he started to feel at ease again. After all, dreams can just be nonsense. They don’t always mean something (at least, that’s what L.Joe told himself)