A bet?

Gay and and Falling for a Homophobe

 

Chunji thanked his lucky stars that the day was over (because if he had dancing that day he probably would’ve been a blubbering fanboy mess by the end of class) luckily for him, school was indeed over and he wouldn’t have to worry about L.Joe… wrong again. Chunji trudged down his high school’s steps and almost walked right into some blonde kid in front of him; the blonde turned around and guess who it was? L.Joe. “Sorry L.Joe, I wasn’t paying attention” Chunji laughed, feeling embarrassed that he just walked into the poor guy *Oops* he thought and waved before saying “See ya” Chunji walked off pretty quickly thinking that was the end of it but he heard footsteps behind him, he spun on his heel and came face to face with L.Joe and Ricky, “Ricky what took you so long? I even waited for you” said Chunji, a little peeved that his friend hadn’t waited for him. Ricky shrugged “Boyfriend duty uh…intruded on my timing a bit, my bad” he chuckled and Chunji glanced at L.Joe. L.Joe was looking at the floor and Chunji asked “Hey L.Joe, do you wanna tell him?” Ricky’s face lit up “Tell me what??” Chunji rolled his eyes at Ricky “L.Joe’s homophobic” Ricky was about to say something but Chunji didn’t let him get a word in “He reckons all of you are great friends it’s just he feels uncomfortable with more intimate forms of contact with guys, ok?”

Ricky slowly nodded, “So do you reckon we could get everyone to ease up a little on the PDA?” Chunji asked and Ricky nodded yet again. “Okay, I’ll get our friends to lessen the PDA, but I have a bet for you” he smiled evilly “L.Joe do you want to get over your fear?” L.Joe nodded shyly, Chunji gulped *Oh god, I swear he better not be up to anything!* Ricky was talking again “I have a bet for each of you, L.Joe; I bet that Chunji can help cure your phobia. Chunji, I bet that you can’t get L.Joe to let you kiss him. Good luck!” he yelled before running off (figuring out that if he stayed longer then Chunji would probably hit him) L.Joe and Chunji looked awkwardly at each other before they started walking again in silence.

It was really starting to get awkward, they were the only two walking this way and Chunji was gonna explode if he didn’t say something soon, “So you want to get over this fear of contact with guys right?” L.Joe kept looking at the ground but answered in a small voice “Yeah” Chunji sighed for the second time that afternoon and before he could change his mind he gently took a hold of L.Joe’s hand. “Do you feel uncomfortable?” Chunji murmured, L.Joe shook his head “Nah, this isn’t so bad compared to hugging and other stuff” Chunji laughed “What if I win my bet?” Chunji asked playfully L.Joe rolled his eyes and said “In that case I agree with Ricky, good luck with that because you’ll need it to win your bet!” The two laughed and kept walking now swinging their arms back and forth between them, what Chunji didn’t know was that L.Joe lied, holding hands was uncomfortable for him, not is; was. So unfortunately for L.Joe; he was already losing his bet, Chunji was already helping him overcome his fear.

Chunji discovered that he and L.joe only live a few streets away from one another, “Wanna walk to school together?” asked Chunji “As long as you keep the seduction to a minimum” he answered and stuck his tongue out like a small child would, Chunji laughed “Okay yeobo I’ll try and contain myself” and gave a charming yet sarcastic smile. Chunji was walking up his steps when L.Joe called out to him “Wait, if I let you help me with my phobia doesn’t that mean I lose my bet?” Chunji thought for a moment before replying “Well you want help and Ricky never said there was a consequence for losing, so…does it really matter if you lose if you get rid of your fear?” L.Joe smiled “True, thanks Chunji” and he started the short walk from there to his house.

Chunji walked into his own house and slumped onto his bed, his room was the only salvation he had in that house. His friends knew why, but Chunji wished they didn’t because he knew it only frustrated them that they couldn’t help. Chunji fell asleep for a few blissful hours before the sounds of things smashing on the floor woke him *Damn it! He’s home* thought Chunji and he tried his best to go unnoticed. This didn’t last very long unfortunately for Chunji, he knew it was coming anyway but he still wished he could’ve had some guts and run away. Chunji woke the next morning in the floor to the sound of his alarm (that had started ringing ages ago) and he was alone in the house once more *Thank god!* he thought as he hauled himself up off his bedroom floor, it was 7:30am *Crap, I’m so gonna be late to school!* his frantic thoughts were interrupted by a knock on the door. Chunji scrambled out of his room towards the front door and didn’t even think about what he looked like (but he wished he had when he realised who it was) He opened the door to be met by a shocked looking L.Joe “Chunji why the hell do you have a black eye!?”