L.Joe's "House"

Gay and and Falling for a Homophobe

Exactly an hour later Chunji found himself standing beside L.Joe in front of a huge mansion, “Whoa” was all that escaped Chunji’s lips as L.Joe lead him up the driveway to the door. Chunji was half expecting maids and a butler to come bustling out and lining up to welcome him but was slightly relieved when this didn’t happen.  Chunji was ushered inside and told to make himself at home, Chunji gaped as he looked around the huge living room, there were numerous couches that surrounded an absolutely huge tv and a large dinner table with eight chairs around it. The whole room was very elegant and had the occasional piece of painted artwork hanging on the walls and in the hallway, L.Joe almost had to drag Chunji down the hall and up a flight of stairs to a room, L.Joe’s room; to be precise.

“Aren’t you’re parents gonna find out I’m here? What about school?” Chunji asked suddenly remembering they were supposed to be at school. L.Joe shrugged “Well dad’s away on a business trip for a few weeks and mum’s at work, plus she was bugging me to make friends and bring them around and stuff, so she’ll be ecstatic that I have a friend so quickly. We’ll just say that your dad’s out of town for a few days and that you need a place to stay, she’ll definitely let you! She’s awesome like that” L.Joe smiled. Chunji beamed “So are we skipping school or what?” Chunji asked, sitting down on a couch (yes L.Joe’s room was big enough to accommodate a couch) L.Joe paused in thought “Nah, I’ll just say I was unpacking and you can say you were sick” he grinned and Chunji nodded, content with a day off school.

L.Joe proceeded to show him around the rest of the ‘house’ and apologised for all they boxes (they had only moved in a few days before) eventually they settled down and played one game after the other on they playstation (Chunji still couldn’t get over the size of the tv) and when they finally stopped it was lunch time. L.Joe rummaged around the kitchen and Chunji laughed at his hopeless expression, sauntered over to the kitchen bench and surveyed the limited food resources. Chunji raised an eyebrow at his slightly embarrassed friend and set to work cooking, L.Joe stood back and watched as Chunji skilfully concocted a more than satisfactory meal. When Chunji was done they sat on the couch and L.Joe promptly finished every mouthful, he sighed with a grin of satisfaction on his face “You’re really good at cooking” L.Joe chuckled. Chunji had an unfortunate spontaneous reaction to L.Joe’s laugh… this turned out to be blushing. Chunji tried to regain his composure and waved it off “Nah, I’m not that great, but thanks” he smiled, L.Joe returned his smile and Chunji could hear his heartbeat ringing in his ears, praying that L.Joe couldn’t hear it too.

“So um…” Chunji started, planning to change the subject “When did you first start fearing contact guys?” he asked carefully, hoping he wasn’t prying. L.joe thought for a moment and then replied “Uh, two years ago” Chunji nodded “Have you ever tried to cure it?” L.Joe shook his head. “I was afraid of what people would think, my mother doesn’t even know. I thought if I went to the doctor she would find out and also I didn’t really think that anyone could help” L.joe looked helpless as he said this and Chunji felt a tug at his heart, “Do you know why you’re homophobic?” again L.Joe sat in silence for a bit. Chunji quickly added “You don’t need to tell me if you don’t want to” and L.Joe looked up at him, giving a small smile “You told me about your family problems so it’s only fair that you know why I’m homophobic” L.Joe took a deep breath, Chunji was about to protest when L.Joe cut him off “I want to tell you, I haven’t told anyone before  and I think that may be part of what’s holding me back, so I want you to know why I’m like this” Chunji slowly nodded and L.Joe started speaking again

“A few years ago a girl asked me out and I said yes, we were together for a few months but I’d caught her cheating on me twice with guys double her age. I was ready to end it with her and the next time we hung out, she asked me for . I said no of course but being the type of girl she was she wouldn’t take no for an answer. I broke up with her as nicely as I could and she ignored me at school for days after that. But a week after we broke up, I was walking home by myself when some guys cornered me in an alley; they told me it was for dumping her. She had hired them to follow me…and me” Chunji sat with his jaw agape, how dare they hurt L.Joe; he did nothing wrong by leaving that ! L.Joe stayed still beside Chunji on the couch waiting for a reaction of disgust and possibly rejection but instead he looked up to see Chunji’s usually happy face saddened and riddled with sympathy. “I’m sorry” Chunji mumbled, L.Joe was surprised “What for?” “For what you went through, honestly if that had happened to me I would probably be afraid of guys in general and any contact at all, so I reckon you’re a lot braver than me” L.Joe was shocked, he had never expected anyone would be so understanding about it, let alone a guy with gay friends (Chunji had somehow kept it a secret from L.Joe that he was gay as well which was a miracle considering all the stuttering and blushing that went on)

L.joe stared at his friend, Chunji thought he was brave? L.Joe had never thought of it that way, he was amazed that Chunji hadn’t walked out of the room but more to the point, that Chunji cared. “You really still want to help me? It’s okay if you don’t want to” mumbled L.joe and Chunji instantly shook his head “Of course I’ll still help you! Why wouldn’t I?” L.Joe looked down at the marble floor and said in a choked voice “B-Because I’m dirty…I was forced to do things like that and it can never be taken back!” L.Joe’s eyes shined with tears and Chunji through his arms around the younger, letting the weeping boy cry into his shoulder. “You’re not dirty and don’t you ever believe that again! What happened wasn’t your fault and I promise I’ll help you get through it” Chunji leaned back so he could look at L.Joe “Okay?” he asked the still quivering boy, L.Joe nodded and wiped his tears with the back of his hand. “You’re the first guy that’s hugged me in two years…I haven’t even hugged my dad” said L.joe and he gave a weak smile. Chunji realised what he had done “Crap I’m sorry! I wasn’t thinking, I shouldn’t have hugged you when you’re so uncomfortable with it-” “Chunji, its fine, I-I needed that” he stammered, the colour growing darker on his cheeks. Chunji calmed down a bit, “So you didn’t mind the hug?” he asked his hand reaching the nape of his own neck. .Joe tilted his head slightly “It wasn’t so bad, It was actually kinda nice but it will take me a bit of getting used to if I really am gonna get over this”

Chunji grinned, “Don’t worry, we still have our bets with Ricky” he said with a wink and L.Joe’s eyes widened as he remembered the cheeky boys challenge for Chunji “I bet that you can’t get L.Joe to let you kiss him. Good luck!” All too soon Chunji figured out what he had just said “Oh god…L.Joe I didn’t mean it like that, forget what I said about Ricky’s bets…” Chunji looked awkwardly at the large TV on the wall in front of him trying to forget Ricky’s words, his fingers drummed on his thighs as he felt L.Joe’s gaze on him “Are you actually gonna go through with your bet Chunji?” L.Joe asked. Chunji looked over to L.Joe “I don’t intend on doing anything that will make you uncomfortable like a kiss especially just for a bet. So don’t worry about my half of the bet okay?” L.Joe nodded and Chunji smiled *As much as I would love to kiss you it won’t be for the sake of the bet* thought the honey blonde as he smiled back to the other.