Rain Rain Go Away....Come Again Another Day?

Gay and and Falling for a Homophobe

The boys passed the hours mainly by talking and unpacking the boxes that still lay around the house, meeting L.Joe’s mum went well and she was very welcoming. She was delighted that L.Joe was making friends so fast and instantly agreed to Chunji staying for a few days, Chunji was then shown to a luxurious guest bedroom that was complete with en suite and balcony “Byungie why don’t you help Chanhee carry his things to his room” Chunji stifled a giggle as L.Joe blushed at his mother’s pet name for him “Yes mum…” he mumbled in embarrassment and shuffled out of the room. Chunji followed after him and grinned maniacally, finally letting his laughter pierce the air and L.Joe glared at him, Chunji almost gulped but then saw the corners of L.Joe’s mouth being slowly tugged into a smile and took a moment to try and memorise how that gorgeous smile looked.  Chunji also noted that L.Joe had an adorable eye smile (not unlike his own) that just made him feel like melting inside, the two then continued their way down the hall to L.Joe’s room where they had put Chunji’s things and as promised, L.Joe helped Chunji carry them.

L.Joe’s mother stood silently halfway down the stairs and watched as the two boys chatted away as they trudged down the hall and she smiled to herself. *He’s finally opening up to people again* she thought when the two disappeared from view, she had noticed right from the start when he started avoiding his dads hugs and even stopped inviting friends over, both guys and girls. She had wanted to approach him about it and help him but she knew that it was probably something he wanted to figure out on his own, she knew her son and he didn’t want her to worry about him. So she did her best not to and now she was glad, because he had changed in the last few days since they moved and he had started at a new school. He was happy when he came home and even told her he had a group of friends now, not just one, but a group. He was smiling more and his mother was amazed at the change that had taken place so quickly, *They must have really made an impression on him* thought the beautiful woman as she proceeded down the rest of the flight of stairs *Especially that Chanhee…*Her heels made a light tap on each stair and then became muffled once she stepped onto the carpet, thoughts of being proud of her son that she loved so much filling her head.

Chunji sank onto the mattress as he sat and L.Joe put Chunji’s schoolbag on top of his small suitcase, then plopping himself down beside the older. There were faint tapping noises starting to come from the windows and the pair looked up the see raindrops now hitting the glass, there was a flash of light in the clouds and L.Joe flinched but then turned back to Chunji “Um, is there anything in particular you want for dinner?” he asked and Chunji thought for a moment “Italian food?” he replied, wondering if the other liked it. L.Joe smiled “Sounds good, I’ll go tell mum” and with that he hopped off the bed and wandered down to the kitchen. Chunji stayed where he sat and became lost in his thoughts, he was probably about to dose off when Mrs Lee’s voice called out “Chanhee, would you mind helping me with dinner? My Byungie’s hopeless in the kitchen!” Chunji grinned “Sure Mrs Lee” he called back and raced downstairs in time to see L.Joe pouting at his mother and saying “Muuum, I am not hopeless!” he whined like a child but his mother was just as childish and replied with a simple “Are too” and she stuck her tongue out beginning to giggle.

L.Joe stuck his tongue out like his mother and only stopped when he heard Chunji…he was shaking with fits of laughter with tears in his eyes, it was taking all his energy not to fall to the floor. L.Joe’s face was effectively glowing red and was burning with embarrassment, *Crap! I just made a total fool out of myself in front of my friend, thanks mum! Aish…* Chunji regained control over his chortles of laughter and made his way over to the kitchen bench next to Mrs Lee. “So what are we cooking?” he asked, looking to L.Joe’s mum and she replied “Well, I heard a certain friend of L.Joe’s likes Italian so I was thinking lasagne” Chunji beamed “Really?? I love lasagne!” Mrs Lee giggled “It’s settled then, would you help me make it?” she asked and Chunji nodded, with a stupid grin on his face. He couldn’t help it, he’d never had such a family like experience before and so far he was loving it.

L.Joe went and watched TV leaving Chunji and his mother chatting and cooking away, all the while the rain was getting heavier, though Mrs Lee and Chunji didn’t notice. An hour later dinner was ready and it tasted spectacular “Chanhee dear, you really do have a gift for cooking” Mrs Lee complimented when everyone had finished. L.Joe agreed and Chunji immediately flushed with colour and lowered his head, allowing himself a small smile. Chunji and L.Joe helped Mrs Lee do the dishes and after they were done the two boys headed upstairs to their rooms, deciding they should probably get a decent night’s sleep, otherwise they would give into the temptation of…the playstation.

Chunji was sleeping soundly until about midnight when he was shook awake by a terrified figure. L.Joe. Chunji reached over and fumbled till he found the switch on his bedside lamp. L.Joe’s eyes were glazed over with fear and he was quivering in his t-shirt and cotton pants, Chunji immediately gave L.joe his full attention. “L.Joe, what’s wrong??” he asked, desperate to help the younger. At that moment lightning flashed and the booming of thunder caused L.Joe to yelp fright, Chunji realised “You’re afraid of thunder storms?” L.Joe just stood there nodding, barely even moving his head as if he was paralysed. Chunji shuffled over in the king sized bed and bid L.Joe to sit down, L.Joe slowly crawled into the bed and pulled the covers up until only the tufts of his blonde and brown hair could be seen.

Chunji gingerly lifted the blanket and saw something that made his heart break, L.Joe was curled up and covering his face that was now slick with fallen tears. Chunji reached out and pulled L.Joe’s hand away from his tear stained face, silently asking permission, Chunji opened his arms and L.Joe snuggled into them gratefully and Chunji enveloped him in a tight embrace. L.Joe stayed with his face buried in Chunji’s chest and was startled when Chunji moved, Chunji was getting out of the bed and the thought of Chunji leaving him alone was scarier than the thunder. L.Joe grabbed Chunji’s sleeve and Chunji looked back to be met with pleading eyes, “I promise I’m not going anywhere, I’m just getting something from my bag” L.Joe nodded and slowly let go of Chunji’s shirt. Chunji went to his bag and fished something out of the front pocket, quickly getting back under the covers and placed something in L.Joe’s ears; headphones. L.Joe looked up at Chunji and took out one headphone “It’s how I used to cope when I was afraid” Chunji murmured, this took L.Joe by surprise and he spoke for the first time since waking Chunji “You were afraid of thunder?” The older smiled kindly “Yep, it used to really scare me and when it did I’d listen to music to block it out” L.joe smiled and put the headphone back in his ear, Chunji gently wrapped his arms around the younger once more and before falling asleep he heard a muffled “Thank you”