Chapter 3

Our Yesterday

            “Wake up…  Hey, I said wake up,” Park In Moo exclaimed in Jaejoong’s ear.  “We’re at your building already.”

            “Why do you have to wake me?  I was having a good dream.  Couldn’t you just have carried me?”  Jaejoong complained while waking up from his nice nap.

            “Oh no, I’m not carrying you.  You might look feminine on the outside but there’s nothing feminine about your weight.  Besides, I’m not paid to be a pack mule,” Park In Moo says.

            “Again with the feminine jokes.  It’s getting old already.  I hate being called feminine….   Huh….  Fine.  I just can’t wait to get away from you so I’ll walk myself to my room,”  Jaejoong said.

            “Wait, your bag and we still have to talk about your schedule for tomorrow,” his manager says as he runs after Jaejoong.

            “Fine.  Fine,” Jaejoong answered back.

            While they were in the elevator, his manager explained his schedules to him, and as usual, it was packed.  As they got off the elevator, Jaejoong covered his ears as his manager went on and on about his schedule.  He didn’t even notice that his bracelet fell off of his wrist.

            His manager went on and on even as they went inside the penthouse.  He finally noticed that Jaejoong was not listening to him.

            “Are you even listening to what I’ve been saying?  Look, Jaejoong, this is your schedule, not mine.  If you want to quit this road to fame of yours, tell me anytime and I’ll be more than happy to book myself the next flight to Hawaii and learn how to hula dance from my future Hawaiian wife.”

            “Look, whatever,” Jaejoong said.  “I think that we both know that I am never gonna quit doing what I do and neither are you.  You will always be my manager and don’t pretend that you don’t like being my manager.”  Jaejoong puts an arm around Park In Moo’s shoulder.“Rememeber that there are perks for being around me.  Think of all the hot babes.  Of course they’ll never pay attention to you with me around, but hey, at least you’re around them.   And really, hyung?  A Hawaiian wife?  You really think that you can make a hot babe like a Hawaiian girl fall for you?  Maybe if she’s blind then maybe she’ll marry you.  Of course, only if you can keep your mouth close and pretend to be mute then you’ll have a real chance.”

            “Ha ha ha.  Very funny.  Fine.  I’ll leave.  I don’t have to take all your positive and encouraging words,” Park In Moo says as he’s about to leave.  “And that was sarcasm if you didn’t know.”  Then, he walks out of the door.

            “Good riddance,” says Jaejoong.  “Ah….  Sleep.  Sleep.  I need to sleep.”  He moves pass his black colored furniture filled living room and turns left and walks along the hallway with walls filled with his pictures and albums to get to his bedroom.  He went into his master bathroom to do a quick number one and brush his teeth before he went straight to his bed to sleep.  On top of his bed was another one of his pictures in a huge frame.  And all around the room were more and more pictures of him and lots of full body mirrors on black walls.  There are even mirrors above his white covered bed that’s surrounded by white furniture.  He likes to see himself as soon as he wakes up.  He knows that he looks good and that people know that he looks good.  He’s not ashamed to admit that there is no one better looking than him.  Ever since he was a kid, the girls would follow him around in hopes that he would look their way, and it hasn’t stopped even now.  Now that he’s a celebrity and famous, more and more women are throwing themselves at him and he doesn’t mind at all.  He believes that it’s what is intended for him.  It’s the reason he was born as the ever-good-looking Kim Jaejoong.

            “Girls.  Girls,” he muttered with his eyes closed as he was falling asleep in hisEastern King size bed.  Then, right as he was thinking back at all the girls fawning over him earlier that day and especially the female staff with the push up bra and skimpy skirt, he saw a face that he knows will haunt him for a long time.  The face of a young woman who he never spoke to but merely passed by.  The face that was so vivid that he could make out her bright, big eyes, her soft, porcelain skin, her pointed nose, and most of all, her luscious lips that is just dying to be kissed by him.   He saw her smiling in the distance with the wind in her hair in the middle of the field of sunflowers.  Then, he imagined her turning her face to him and smiling at him.  This last thought made him open his eyes in rush as if he just had a nightmare.   He placed his hand over his chest as he felt his heart racing fast.

            “No,” Jaejoong whispered as he massages his temple with both hands.  “There’s no way that girl should be anywhere near my mind.  She’s not my type.”

            Come on, Jaejoong, he thought.  Let’s just go back to sleep and all will be normal tomorrow.  Yes.  All will be normal.  Still, his mind and heart betrayed him as his last thought for the night was that girl in the white with the beautiful smile.