Chapter 11

Our Yesterday

              Stepping out of the elevator, Eun Hye does not take her eyes off of that person.

              It was that blond haired person who kept getting in the way of her peaceful vacation, standing in front of his door, but clearly looking towards her door.

              What kind of a welcome back home is this?  She thought to herself.  After a good 7 minutes of him watching her door, and her watching him watching her door, and not knowing THAT person’s intentions, she decides to walk towards him and directly ask him.

             “What do you think you are doing?”  Her voice seemed to have startled him and broken his trance.  “Did you forget to insult me some more, or perhaps, you’re stalking me now?”

             “What did you say?  Me stalk you?  As if that’ll ever happen.  Why would I want to stalk you?”  After recollecting his thoughts Jaejoong finally answered.

             “Jeongmal (really)?  Then,….. it’s the same for me, I would never want to follow you around, so you shouldn’t have called me stalker.”  She was still fuming from earlier.

             “How about you?  Why are you sneaking up on people?  Should I teach you a little something about manners?”  Jaejoong was confused as to why she wasn’t in her penthouse.  And even though, it should be him that should be interrogated, he was attempting to turn the guilty tables on her.

              “What?  Me sneaking up on people? No, I’m not, because I don’t see you as a person, brainless cockroach,” that earned her a death glare.  “but even if I did sneak up on you, it’s only natural don’t you think? It’s because of certain person who is taking his time, spying on his next door neighbor.  You! (pointing at Jaejoong).  It’s your fault for being so dimwitted that you didn’t notice me walking behind you.  And isn’t it you who do not have any manners?  Standing here and staring at my door for a long time.”

               Finally, it was sinking in to Jaejoong that he’s been staring at her door for quite a while, and worse of all, it was seen by Eun Hye. 

              “Should I (hand on her chest)teach you something about manners, Jaejoong-ssi?” Eun Hye used his words against him as a way to make sure that he knows that he’s been caught red handed.  “What?  Can’t say anything now, can you?”

              “I wasn’t staring at your door,”Jaejoong needed to make excuses now to not be seen as a creep, not by her.  “And you, why are you just getting home now?  If you were already home, you (pointing to Eun Hye) ..…….” he didn’t know how to continue because anyway he twists it, he knew that he can’t have a good enough excuse to why he was staring at her door.

             “What?  No lame excuses?  And I thought that you were good at making stuff up.”  Feeling confident, she wasn’t about to let this go.  “Not that it’s any of your business, but I bought me some dinner first, but I never expected to see you to be such a creep as soon as I get back.  Maybe it’s a good thing that I did because I don’t know how long you would have been standing here watching my door like a creep, or if you’re planning to do something to me while I’m home.  So don’t even try to pin this on me, creep.  This interrogation is entirely going to be on you.  So spill.  What do you think you are doing?  Did you want something?  Do you want to make even more accusations, or maybe apologize?”

             “What?  Apologize for what?” Jaejoong was still stuck on his current situation.

             “For earlier, what else?  You called me a thief, then a stalker, and because of you, everyone in South Korea thinks I’m crazy.”

             “Why should I apologize for that?  That’s your fault, and you are crazy.” The two were not backing down easily.

             “I’m not crazy, how many times do I have to say it today.” Talking to herself more than Jaejoong, she was feeling irritated with all the crazy talk.  “Fine.  If you’re not apologizing, explain what you were doing just now before I caught you.”  Jaejoong was hoping for Eun Hye to have forgotten the current situation by distracting her with what happened earlier in the day, but all hope was lost.

              “That……………………… was nothing.  It didn’t mean anything.”  He still had no good reason.

              “It wasn’t nothing. What?  Can’t you tell me the reason or is it because you can’t make something up because you know you won’t get away with your stupid excuses….?  Hurry up and tell me.” 

              “Fine.  Want me to tell you so bad?”  Eun Hye just nodded.  “I was just thinking and I just happened to look at your door.  That’s all.  Happy now?” Jaejoong did not lie as he really was just thinking.

              “You were thinking?  And you just happened to look at my door?  Don’t tell me, you were thinking about me?” She was finally willing to accept that excuse because it did not seem to be a lie, but she knew that the reason has to be her or that it was related to her.  “You were, weren’t you?  Waeyo?  Why were you thinking about me?”

              “I never said I was.” Again, Jaejoong was caught red handed, and again, he was caught by her. 

              “Don’t think I’m stupid.  You didn’t just happen to stare at my door because you were thinking.  You had to have thought about something with me in it, or you would have entered your own home already to think.  That’s how the human mind works.”  Eun Hye was smarter than Jaejoong thought.

              “You said I wasn’t human before but now you’re talking to me about how a human mind works?” Spitting out nonsense is now his last attempt to not lose his pride.

              “Wah….. Don’t use that excuse against me now.  It’s not going to work.  I told you, don’t think I’m stupid.  So tell me why you were thinking about me?”

               Jaejoong was keeping his mouth shut because he is as confused as she is.

               Why was I thinking about her? Thinking to himself, he himself couldn’t understand the reason, and even more than that, he was unwilling to let her know that he really was thinking of her.  Remembering that she was the girl from the park that he couldn’t forget and the girl who was almost ran over, Jaejoong was getting even more confused.  He keeps flashing back to their encounters and he can’t seem to get the scenes out of his head.

               “Ya….. Babo…” Eun Hye was getting impatient.

               Then maybe you should move out.  Jaejoong suddenly flashes back to when Junsu advises him to move out to not have to run into Eun Hye, and immediately, he knew that he had finally found the excuse that is both reasonable and not at all suspicious.  Finally, he was ready to face her.

                “I want you to move out.  You’re a bother and you are giving me headaches,” arrogance came back in his voice.

                “Crazy babo.  If you think I’m moving out since you told me to, I won’t.  It’ll take more time out of my vacation.  How about you move out?”  Eun Hye, still not convinced, decides to counter Jaejoong’s demand.

               “I lived here first, so you should move.”

               “What are you, a five year old staking claim on his toy truck?” Eun Hye retaliated.  “I’m not moving out.”  Knowing that Jaejoong will just keep pressing her into moving out, she makes her way to her own penthouse.  But not before having her final say.

               “And, babo, you still have to tell me why you were watching my door, and why you were thinking about me.  Don’t think that I don’t know that you just pulled that moving out cr@p out of your @$$ at the last minute.  Bleh (tongue out)……”  Without letting him say anything else, Eun Hye went into her home and closed the door.

               Jaejoong couldn’t believe that she just left without really any argument about moving out and that she knew that he was lying.  He just stood there, shocked and watching her door again when suddenly it opened.

              “Still watching me?  This is harassment, babo.  Bleh (tongue out)…….And again, she puzzled Jaejoong before she returned home and before he can say anything.

              Without any more reason to hang in the hallway, Jaejoong finally entered his own home.

 

Author's note:  I've actually had this chapter for awhile, but just wanted to delay publishing it.... cheeky  I know that it is not the best story and that I am lacking but I am still learning.....  It is more difficult than I thought to put thoughts into words but I am trying....