Chapter 8

Our Yesterday

Chapter 8

            “It’s her.” Park In Moo repeated, still looking at a stunned Jaejoong.

            “You……………. were the one who we saw yesterday.  The one who passed by us.  The girl in the white dress.”  Park In Moo returned his attention to Eun Hye.

            The girl in the white dress. She was the girl in the white dress, this was all Jaejoong could think about.  She was the girl who occupied his thoughts before falling asleep and the voice that haunted him on the way to his autograph session.  They were both her.  They were both the girl standing right in front of him, the one who he accused of being a thief.  The one who found his precious bracelet.  They were all her. 

            “So…………., you did see me yesterday?” Eun Hye asked the manager.

            “Noona, so you really went there?”  Changmin asked, with a shocked expression.

            “Umm… (nodding yes).  So the idiot, was he really there too?”  When the manager nodded yes, Eun Hye continued on, but this time looking at Jaejoong while not directly speaking to him.  “But I didn’t see you, and I especially didn’t see him.  You’d think that someone like him will stand out from the crowd.”

            “Hey, I do stand out from the crowd.  Just look at me…..” As Jaejoong tried to prove his strong presence and looks as one that would easily stand out, Eun Hye blocked his male boasting out of her head and instead, thought back to the man whose presence was powerful even from just looking at the back.  The man with the platinum blond hair that was very much identical to Jaejoong’s.

            “Blond.  That hair…”  She interrupted Jaejoong’s rant.  “Ah… now I remember.  I did see you.”  Everyone is now focusing their attention at Eun Hye.

            “I knew you’d recognize me.  Actually I can’t believe you even forgot about seeing me.”  Jaejoong is now confidently boasting about himself.

            “So you actually saw him, Eun Hye ssi?”  Yoochun wanted to interrupt Jaejoong’s self-boasting rant.

            “That’s right.  He’s the I-want-attention-look-at-me guy I saw yesterday.”

            “What?” Jaejoong couldn’t believe she just nicknamed him a weird name.

            “And you (looking at Park In Moo with a mischievous smile on her face) must be the boyfriend.”

             All Yunho, Yoochun, Changmin, and Junsu could do was look back and forth between Jaejoong and his manager with a weirded out expression on their faces.

            “Bbbb…….. boy…. Boyfriend?  Really manager hyung?” Junsu asked with his hand over his opened mouth.

           “Ummm… (stuttering)….. Eun… Ahem…. Eun Hye ssi, what makes you say that?” Panic took over the manager.

            “Ah…. Right… Sorry about that.  Just because your hands were all over each other, it doesn’t mean that you are boyfriend and girlfriend.”  Recognizing her mistake, Eun Hye restated her statement. “I mean boyfriend and boyfriend. Unless one of you (looking at Jaejoong) want to be the girlfriend.”  Every second this young woman spoke, the crowd grew more and more shocked but interested with her.

            “Hyung,I didn’t know you swing that way,” Changmin accuses Jaejoong with his hands hugging himself from fear and shock.

            “Stupid.  What swing that way?  I don’t swing any way other than towards a woman.  In fact, I don’t do any (air quotes) swinging (close air quotes), I just stand there with the babes running towards me,” Jaejoong wanted to make himself clear while giving a little punch towards the maknae. 

            “Wah….,” Eun Hye mumbled to herself quietly.  “What ……. an ego…”

            “Eun Hye ssi,” Park In Moo called for her with panic in his voice.

            “Yes?” Eun Hye answered with little care.  She didn’t know what she did wrong.

            “Your hands were all over each other?” Yunho asked Park In Moo.

            “Eun Hye ssi.” Now, Park In Moo had no other words or thoughts in mind.  He wanted this situation clarified, and he wanted Eun Hye, the bringer of the misunderstanding, to be the one to clear it. 

            “Okay, so their hands weren’t exactly all over each other, but more like Mr. Panicky’s (Park In Moo) hand on the idiot’s shoulder.  But it’s a simple mistake that anybody can make.”

            “Ha ha ha!!!!!  I like the way you think, Eun Hye ssi.  It’s very entertaining and unique.  You seem to have quite an interesting mind there,” Yoochun’s laughter seems to lessen the tension in the room, and at the same time, who is becoming more and more interested with her.

            “Um….  Thank you?”  was all Eun Hye could reply, but she was a bit unsure whether or not she was insulted or had just received a compliment.

“A simple mistake?  How is calling me gay, a simple mistake?  And you call me an idiot?  You’re the idiot here.”  Jaejoong found another reason to argue with Eun Hye.

            “Ya!  Your mistake and my mistake are not the same.  You called me a thief in front of everyone.  I only thought you were gay and kept it to myself…….. until 50 seconds ago.  Besides, there is nothing wrong with being gay.  In fact, there are millions of people who have same partners.  Be with whomever you love, it’s the 21st century.”  With this recent declaration, Eun Hye had the manager and Jaejoong shocked, and the DBSK boys containing their laughs.

            “That’s it.  I don’t want to talk to you anymore.  I’ll just get more frustrated seeing you and listening to you talk.  Get out, I’m letting you leave.”  Jaejoong was losing all his will and energy listening to this energetic girl.  

            “You’re letting me leave?”  With and eyes wide open, Eun Hye was shocked out of her wits.  “And who are you to let me leave?  My father? No. And you are certainly not God.  I will leave whenever I want to.  I’ve been wanting to leave since the moment you called me a thief, Idiot.  But now, I think I’ll stay for a while and order room service and say hi and wave to your fans outside the window.  Don’t tell me what to do.”

            Yoochun and Yunho couldn't help but chuckle at her foolish bravery. 

            “Don’t you dare, you…” Jaejoong couldn’t even say her name.

            “Why not, hyung?  Don’t you think that she’s lively and refreshing?”  Yoochun wanted Eun Hye to stay as he is enjoying the happenings in front of him.

            “Lively and refreshing?  Aniyo.  She’s a pain in the neck and annoying.”  Jaejoong clarified.

            “Pain in the neck?  Me?  And you (pointing to Yoochun), what am I, your toy?  If you want someone to bother and argue with this person to find enjoyment in your life, do it yourself.  Don’t have someone else do it for you.  I’m sure there are more things to pick on him about, but I don’t want to know.  I’m leaving now.  I don’t want to be contaminated by all of you.”  She found them to be idiots who flock together because of their idiotic minds.  Without even a goodbye, she picked up her bags, left the hotel room and took a cab back to her penthouse.